Roony Bardghji - Future star at RW

Hester_manc

I have mentioned him several times over the last 2 years on this site. Among other things. in this thread, where I claimed that he CAN be as good as the Laudrup brothers - and I still believe that:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/whi...n-the-next-decade.466935/page-5#post-28578379

He is only 17 years old (18 next week), but he made his first team debut for Copenhagen in 2021. He became the youngest goalscorer ever in the best Danish league when he scored at 16 years and 13 days old.

Although he is only 17 years old, he is No. 3 on the Danish league's top scorer list, and he is Copenhagen's top scorer. Although he is not even in the starting line-up every time - they have a strong team, as we saw.

We just HAVE to buy him this winter!

This video is from today:

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Go for him in January, don't want a repeat of when Dele Alli played us off the park for MK Dons and was snapped up by Tottenham. Yes, I know he didn't end up fulfilling his potential but he was a very good player for them for a while.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Him playing so well against us (+ lack of Eredivisie experience) basically guarantees we are never going to sign him.

didz

Him playing so well against us (+ lack of Eredivisie experience) basically guarantees we are never going to sign him.
No need to be so negative.

Ajax often recruit from Denmark, so we have every chance of an £80m deal in a year or two!

Hester_manc

Not really - I'd say he looks 22-23 in that pic.
Well, I do not agree. But I know that some people think he looks older. In February this year, he responded in an interview to social media rumors that he looked older than his age.

Here Roony replied that he was tired of the rumours. Originally from Kuwait, his parents were not refugees but moved to Sweden because their friends lived there. They moved before the war. Therefore, there has been no reason to lie about his age.

When he was little, he spent far more time playing football than his teammates of the same age. So he sees it as natural that he is also well advanced in his development in terms of football.

AnotherLondonManc

Get your Roony Bardghji name by combining the surname of a player signed by Utd in 2004 (minus a vowel) and a D&D class followed by some letters close to each other in the alphabet.

I’m Heinz Druidmnop.
Piqe Fighterrsprtrp

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
After last night, of course Chelsea is linked with him.

RedDevil@84

No we don't want anymore so called "stars" from Eredivisie Superliga for exorbitant transfer amounts and salaries.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
We questioned that last night. Mid twenties at best.
You've never met a middle eastern in your life I guess.
I had a full beard at 16 and looked older than I was.
He is born in Kuwait too (Syrian parents) and they don't usually fake these things.

Korwas

Regarding the age thing it's not unusual that big talents are early in their development and it can become a problem later on because it can result in bad habits. Lukaku was incredibly big, strong and fast at an early age and it might be why he is lacking in skill today. Bardghji doesn't really stand out because of any physical abilities though. Even though he is small I don't think he is rapid like many other small players, he is just really really skilled with a nose for goal and a mean left foot.

Lyng

With how insufferable copenhagen fans have been the last few days I hope we take this kid away from them....

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Kid looks promising — and has a certain Hazard-esque aesthetical appeal, going by snippets! :D

Could be a shrewd, not-prohibitively-expensive acquisition, with the medium to long term in mind (mirroring Garnacho on the opposite flank, in a lot of ways). A couple of things need to be considered, however...
  • Even though they played together for a wee bit at Copenhagen, you have to wonder about his prospective fit with Højlund? The latter is also a work in progress (and there is already a lot of pressure on him, due to his function as the focal point of attack and the reality of him representing a heavily-scrutinized organization) while seeming starved of service at times — that calls for someone who is consistent and mature, and in the mold of a Pedro Neto with regards to playing style (i.e., someone who is patient, has variety in their game and will serve up a multitude of chances for the center forward to feast on). Roony needs to show more to be classified a noteworthy creative playmaker in the offing at first team level (particularly in terms of his application, combination play and decision-making).
  • His goalscoring record in the Danish Superliga notwithstanding, he is unlikely to make meaningful contributions in elite competitions in the immediate term. In an ideal world, he would play in an intermediate league (like Ligue 1, perhaps, or the Primeira Liga) for a couple of years, at the very least — just rack up thousands of minutes of valuable experience and refine his craft in a relatively low pressure environment (vis-à-vis the Premier League, which has been the most cut-throat environment in club football for a few years now). Unfortunately, we do not boast the soundest developmental record in recent years either — and potentially throwing him to the wolves at such a young (and critical) age, because more experienced right wing options are underperforming, might do more harm than good. I wonder if some kind of mutually-beneficial understanding could be struck with Nice, if and when Jim Ratcliffe's investment is finalized (similar to what happens between RB Leipzig and RB Salzburg).

MadMike

I see the urge for a new shiny thing but I hope, for both his sake and ours, that we don't go for him. There would be no possible path to the starting XI for him for ages.

We currently have:
- Antony
- Sancho
- Pellistri
- Amad

...the oldest of which is 23. Then there's Mount who's only 24 and many here suggest that should be playing RW ahead of our current options. Finally there's still the unresolved Greenwood situation and he's only 22 as well.

And I know what some will say about Antony, Sancho and Greenwood, but with ETHs future uncertain and the ownership situation bubbling in the background, things can change. A new manager might decide to bring Sancho back to the fold, with the blessing of the ownership (god knows they don't like to see an asset become worthless). Same thing for the same reasons might happen with Greenwood, under a new CEO/ownership.

I think that until at least 2 of those players listed above (3 if you include Greenwood) are sold and are definitely out of the club, there's no point recruiting more RWs. It's just money wasted at this point. We don't want to do what Chelsea are doing, just collecting players that don't fit. Let's sort out our current players first, decide for sure who's to sell and who to keep. We have a young talent in Amad, who was great in the Championship last year, that we haven't even had the chance to see play for us yet.

Last edited:

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
As a FCK season ticket holder, I see him quite often, and as exciting of a talent he is, there is no way he’s ready to move to United (or any other big PL club for that matter).

Imo, he should stay in Copenhagen at least until summer 2025, at which point he’ll have had a full season as a regular in the first XI and thus be better prepared to make the step up.

A step up I see being Holland, Belgium or France more than England.

Remember the geese

We definitely could do with him. Our right side is pathetic. I'd bring him in and have him compete with Amad for a place in the side. Sell Sancho, Antony and Pellistri. Lacey potentially coming through in the next couple of years too.

Bocca9978

You've never met a middle eastern in your life I guess.
I had a full beard at 16 and looked older than I was.
He is born in Kuwait too (Syrian parents) and they don't usually fake these things.
I haven’t, but no doubt about his age though.
Fair play to the lad. Sounds like he’s doing well.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
As a FCK season ticket holder, I see him quite often, and as exciting of a talent he is, there is no way he’s ready to move to United (or any other big PL club for that matter).

Imo, he should stay in Copenhagen at least until summer 2025, at which point he’ll have had a full season as a regular in the first XI and thus be better prepared to make the step up.

A step up I see being Holland, Belgium or France more than England.
I’d agree with you here.

His body isn’t quite ready for regular first team football and he’s still got lots to learn.

He’s miles ahead of the majority of 17/18 year olds in Europe but it’s very telling that he’s been saved a bit from the CL spotlight with sub appearances and also used id argue sparingly in the league.

Personally think he’d do well to move to Germany or France I actually think where he’s at a move to Belgium or Holland wouldn’t be a big enough step and for what he’d cost I don’t see any club outside of larger leagues being able to afford him.

aeh1991

I’d agree with you here.

His body isn’t quite ready for regular first team football and he’s still got lots to learn.

He’s miles ahead of the majority of 17/18 year olds in Europe but it’s very telling that he’s been saved a bit from the CL spotlight with sub appearances and also used id argue sparingly in the league.

Personally think he’d do well to move to Germany or France I actually think where he’s at a move to Belgium or Holland wouldn’t be a big enough step and for what he’d cost I don’t see any club outside of larger leagues being able to afford him.
Solution: Sign him next summer and loan him to Nice.

aeh1991

Apparently Nice is interested to sign him, which would be great for us.

ROFLUTION

Nowhere near close enough ready for the pace, tempo and little space he'll have Premier League football.

Exciting talent, but if we (or any big club) should buy him, it should be with the purpose of loaning him out and developing for 2 years more.

Hester_manc

According to Fabrizio Romano Leverkusen, Juventus, Chelsea and Barcelona all want Roony Bardghji. He was really good against us, and I can`t understand if United is not going for him. We need a young RW.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
According to Fabrizio Romano Leverkusen, Juventus, Chelsea and Barcelona all want Roony Bardghji. He was really good against us, and I can`t understand if United is not going for him. We need a young RW.
He needs to go to a Leverkusen first. He's very young and I hope he doesn't jump straight to a Barca.
Bundesliga should be good for his development for a few years.
We (Sweden) don't produce many technical players so I need him to succeed :lol:

aeh1991

I really hope we are keeping track after facing him directly

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If he has any brain cells he’ll stay well clear of us. Will just be another young talent we ruin.