Roy Keane - at it again.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
The bloke's a professional bellend. He's basically Piers Morgan but people here jump on his dick because he used to be mint at football.
This. I respect Keane for what he done on the football pitch and he goes down as a certified United legend but off the field he's a fecking prick.

The Bloody-Nine

Some of those are taken from his second book which was ghost written by Roddy Doyle. The Haaland quote caused some strife.

Dunphy collaborated with the former Manchester United and Ireland captain on his first autobiography, which was published in 2002.

The book caused huge controversy at the time due to Keane’s account of the challenge he made on Haaland.

An English FA hearing was convened and Keane was later found guilty of being “improperly motivated by an element of revenge” when he committed the foul on Haaland in April 2001.

In Keane’s new book – which is out tomorrow but was leaked earlier this week – he claims Dunphy hung him out to dry at the hearing.

“It was Eamon Dunphy’s turn to be a witness. He’d already said he’d used his own words to describe the tackle. Before we went in, I’d been going to say to him, ‘Eamon, if they ask you if you think I intentionally went to injure Haaland, say no’,” Keane said.

“But I decided not to. I wouldn’t embarrass him by saying something as simple as that.”

“[Jim]Sturman [chairman of inquiry] asked him, ‘Mr Dunphy, do you think Mr Keane intentionally went to injure a fellow professional, Mr Haaland?’”

“And Eamon’s three words back to Sturman were, ‘Without a doubt.’

“That was my case, my defence, out the window.

“Eamon had written my book, he was my witness. I think Eamon felt he was on trial and that it was almost a criminal court.

“He wanted to distance himself from it and I could see his point of view.

“He’s delivered the book, he’s done his job and I approved it.

“But I think he might have thought that his account in the book was on trial; he just wanted to get it over and get out of there. He was rushing for his flight back to Dublin. I looked at him and thought, ‘I’m definitely f***** now.”

“I’m not blaming Eamon but it didn’t help.”
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...n-he-says-i-hung-him-out-to-dry-30647736.html

Dunphy calls him a bullshitter.

Godfather

Seriously. Dancing Queen while getting pumped up for football? That's just not on. You'd have to question a team that doesn't object to that. :p
Actually thinking about it. It could work with me. Everytime I hear this song I feel the sudden urge to kick someone in the face so yeah... Probably could pump me up for the game.

DanClancy

Easily upset some of you with some of those comments.

Top man is Roy which is more than can be said for some of our more local legends and Rio.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Off the field he's a "fecking prick", a "professional bellend"? Have a word with yourselves, you don't know the first thing about him off the pitch.

A few choice quotes, of which many of us have probably said the same/similar about colleagues before, and you're all hanging him out to dry. Cop on lads.

Ryan Giggs cheated on his wife with his brother's wife. Now that's a bellend if ever there was one.

poleglass red

there's not too much on that list that I'd have an issue with, maybe the heart attack one but the rest is fair game

DanClancy

Off the field he's a "fecking prick", a "professional bellend"? Have a word with yourselves, you don't know the first thing about him off the pitch.

A few choice quotes, of which many of us have probably said the same/similar about colleagues before, and you're all hanging him out to dry. Cop on lads.

Ryan Giggs cheated on his wife with his brother's wife. Now that's a bellend if ever there was one.
Giggs certainly gets a free pass from most reds, can't say I have any time for him and Rio.

Needham

What and Keano wouldn't have done if he'd had the chance? Wind your neck in.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
as a City fan I don't mind him and didn't dislike him when he was playing for your lot in his pomp, same goes for Scholes, couldn't stand Beckham or the Nevilles but don't mind them now

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Keane says it like it is, no political correctness whatsoever, for me he's one of the best pundits out there.

there's not too much on that list that I'd have an issue with, maybe the heart attack one but the rest is fair game
Heart attack is his attempt at being funny I think, a poor attempt. The Yorke comment's a little harsh.

The rest I have no issue with, he's definitely right about the class of 92 and about humble Scholesy persona giving the impression he lives in a council flat.

Minimalist

The Haaland stuff made him look small and pathetic. And as much as Dunphy is a moron, not sure what he expected in the hearing.

The rest of his sarcasm and rants can be humorous without question though.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I don't understand why people get so hung up on what Roy Keane thinks about anything. Roy Keane's opinion on everything is exactly the same..."it's shite"

If you asked Roy Keane what he thought about Roy Keane, he'd tell you he hated him.

There should be a TV program where they just send him on holiday to places or restaurants. Or get him to meet annoyingly friendly people.

lsd

The Oracle
As much as I love Keane, if anyone can read the above list of quotes and still hang on the bloke’s every word, you want your head examining.

Why do you have to hang on every word or any word for that matter? I really don't think Roy cares who agrees with him and why should he?

He was a fantastic player for us and a legend what he says or does now doesn't change that.

People shouldn't get so worked up every time he says something and try to find a slight or a compliment in it .He is what he is and doesn't force anyone to like him nor care who doesn't .

Minimalist

I don't understand why people get so hung up on what Roy Keane thinks about anything. Roy Keane's opinion on everything is exactly the same..."it's shite"

If you asked Roy Keane what he thought about Roy Keane, he'd tell you he hated him.

There should be a TV program where they just send him on holiday to places or restaurants. Or get him to meet annoyingly friendly people.
Send him to Cyprus to do a bit of sight-seeing...

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
If they ever did another season of an Idiot abroad, and included Keane, I'd subscribe to Sky just to watch it.

Keane and Pilkington travelling the world saying it's all shit and bollocks :D

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Easily upset some of you with some of those comments.

Top man is Roy which is more than can be said for some of our more local legends and Rio.
Care to elaborate or are you talking hot air?

You what now? 99% of people on here dont know the first thing off the field about any player. Doesnt mean youre not allowed to form an opinion on someone based on their public persona.

I call the likes of John Terry, Steven Gerrard, Michael Owen (though he has a place in my heart for that city goal), etc all cnuts, as has many before me, as will many after. Am i not allowed because i dont know them at a personal level?

You dont know ryan giggs and you call him a bellend. You only know what the press has told you, and youve formed an opinion based on that. Hypocritical much?

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
You what now? 99% of people on here dont know the first thing off the field about any player. Doesnt mean youre not allowed to form an opinion on someone based on their public persona.

I call the likes of John Terry, Steven Gerrard, Michael Owen (though he has a place in my heart for that city goal), etc all cnuts, as has many before me, as will many after. Am i not allowed because i dont know them at a personal level?

You dont know ryan giggs and you call him a bellend. You only know what the press has told you, and youve formed an opinion based on that. Hypocritical much?
Giggs is a bellend for not only cheating on his own partner, but for doing so with his brother's wife. They're the actions of a bellend. I'm sure he's a lovely guy otherwise. I used him as an example, because despite what he's done, he seems to get a free pass from so many United fans, the same United fans who'll jump at an opportunity to call Roy Keane a prick for simply speaking his mind.

You can call anyone you like a prick, it's a free world. But jesus have a genuine reason for doing so. If those above had said he can be a bit of a prick sometimes, I'd absolutely agree with them. But to generalise his character off the pitch, considering the insane amount of charity work he's done and still does, just doesn't sit right with me.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Giggs is a bellend for not only cheating on his own partner, but for doing so with his brother's wife. They're the actions of a bellend. I'm sure he's a lovely guy otherwise. I used him as an example, because despite what he's done, he seems to get a free pass from so many United fans, the same United fans who'll jump at an opportunity to call Roy Keane a prick for simply speaking his mind.

You can call anyone you like a prick, it's a free world. But jesus have a genuine reason for doing so. If those above had said he can be a bit of a prick sometimes, I'd absolutely agree with them. But to generalise his character off the pitch, considering the insane amount of charity work he's done and still does, just doesn't sit right with me.
Again, so youre judging giggs based on what known about him in the public eye. Youre saying his actions are that of a bellend (without knowing full details), fine. Surely going out your way to injure another player is also, actions of a bellend? Or publicly humiliating your team mates? But thats alright because its keano and he speaks his mind and they needed a kick up the arse, right?

You cant complain about united fans calling keane a cnut then go on and call giggs a cnut in the same post. It reeks of hypocrisy, and youre going to argue it but you know its true. You have even less right to call giggs a cnut considering his actions had nothing to do with football, its entirely his private life. Whereas keane gets stick entirely because of the way he is in football, and the way hes treated his peers.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
My favourite united player ever. He talked the talk but totally backed it up on the pitch too unlike so so many of the flash insta pros of today. He gave absolutely everything. The most fierce competitor and best captain (and somehow underrated footballer) I've seen in football and he was ours. Shite manager though... those quotes, someone like Keane must have hated to see the way football was going. I actually kind of hate the way football is going too though. I don't think we'd get on in person or anything but he's stayed true to himself and he did everything in his power to win for us while he played for us. Can't ask much more than that.

Last edited: