Rugby 2017 Discussion

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
First start for Jordie Barrett

New Zealand v the British and Irish Lions: J Barrett; I Dagg, A Lienert-Brown, N Laumape, J Savea; B Barrett, A Smith; J Moody, C Taylor, O Franks, B Retallick, S Whitelock, J Kaino, S Cane, K Read (capt).

Replacements: N Harris, W Crockett, C Faumuina, S Barrett, A Savea, TJ Perenara, A Cruden, M Fekitoa.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2017/0705/888080-jordie-barrett-to-make-all-blacks-bow/

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
First start for Jordie Barrett

New Zealand v the British and Irish Lions: J Barrett; I Dagg, A Lienert-Brown, N Laumape, J Savea; B Barrett, A Smith; J Moody, C Taylor, O Franks, B Retallick, S Whitelock, J Kaino, S Cane, K Read (capt).

Replacements: N Harris, W Crockett, C Faumuina, S Barrett, A Savea, TJ Perenara, A Cruden, M Fekitoa.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2017/0705/888080-jordie-barrett-to-make-all-blacks-bow/
they mean business this time Savea starting

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Unchanged lineup (ha!) for the Lions. I think Lawes and McGrath could have thought they were in with a shot. Penalty machine Vunipola especially lucky.

As mentioned in the comments under it, no Scots in the matchday squad for the first time ever. From an Irish point of view, it's a pity that Henderson or O'Mahony couldn't get at least on the bench.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
To put it mildly, Vunipola owes Gatland and his teammates a big performance. Wouldn't surprise me if Jordie Barrett does some of the goal kicking for the All Blacks on the weekend.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
A bloke I've known for a long time has expressed his dislike and displeasure about the French referees involved in the tests.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/07/06/french-refereeing-conundrum-destroying-lions-tour/

I don't agree with everything in the article and I'm just hoping the outcome of the series doesn't come down to which hemisphere the referee is from.
Yeah I don't agree with it all either - I think he has it wrong about that jumping into the tackle one (Reid asked the ref the same in the moment), it's letter of the law and was a penalty, if a very unfortunate one. Funny to read the comments about Peyper at the Ireland-ABs match though, where Rory Best had to tell him "I need to protect my players" i.e. from them and you. That one was disgraceful.

Zen

How can it be no Scots for the first time ever.....if it's the same squad as last week? -_-

beergod

A bloke I've known for a long time has expressed his dislike and displeasure about the French referees involved in the tests.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/07/06/french-refereeing-conundrum-destroying-lions-tour/

I don't agree with everything in the article and I'm just hoping the outcome of the series doesn't come down to which hemisphere the referee is from.
I'd take Angus Gardner over any of the 3 test referees. I don't think it is a NH/SH issue as much as a French issue.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
In news just in, the Cheetahs and the Kings have been axed from Super Rugby having agreed to end their participation agreement. The ARU is yet to make a decision on which Australian team will be cut. The Western Force and the Melbourne Rebels face off later tonight. It's the last time the Force and Rebels will face each other - one will be cut from the competition and I expect an announcement to come once the season finishes next weekend.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
In news just in, the Cheetahs and the Kings have been axed from Super Rugby having agreed to end their participation agreement. The ARU is yet to make a decision on which Australian team will be cut. The Western Force and the Melbourne Rebels face off later tonight. It's the last time the Force and Rebels will face each other - one will be cut from the competition and I expect an announcement to come once the season finishes next weekend.
And there were reports of a Washington DC team joining the "Pro 15" now...

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Reds 16 Brumbies 15. The Reds break five losing streak vs the Brumbies that goes back to 2014. Fourth win for the season for the Reds, hopefully the team in red wins at Eden Park tomorrow. Now for the last ever game between the Force and the Rebels.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
There's an ad on Aussie TV about the series featuring a father and son at an Otago farm.

Son: ''So the Lions team is made up of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales and the New Zealand team is made up of New Zealand''?

Father: ''Yup''.

Son: ''The Lions have got Maro Itoge, George North and Stuart Hogg. Who have we got"?

Father: ''We've got Eden Park, son. We've got Eden Park''.

Basically why i can't pick against New Zealand. Been confident of seeing a team beat NZ at Eden Park on three occasions in the past only to New Zealand win easily. All Blacks to win by 7, let's just hope it's a close one.

Last edited:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
There's an ad on Aussie TV about the series featuring a father and son at an Otago farm.

Son: ''So the Lions team is made up of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales and the New Zealand team is made up of New Zealand''?

Son: ''The Lions have got Maro Itoge, George North and Stuart Hogg. Who have we got"?

Basically why i can't pick against New Zealand at Eden Park. Been confident of seeing a team beat NZ at Eden Park on three occasions in the past only to New Zealand win easily. All Blacks to win by 7, let's just hope it's a close one.
Ha! That's a good one.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Romain Poite has an interesing history at Eden Park. I'm just hoping he doesn't make a decision as diabolically bad as this:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

Basically why i can't pick against New Zealand. Been confident of seeing a team beat NZ at Eden Park on three occasions in the past only to New Zealand win easily. All Blacks to win by 7, let's just hope it's a close one.
Unbeaten there in the professional era.

Amazing record.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Unbeaten there in the professional era.

Amazing record.
Unbeaten at Eden Park in my life time too, just. I was born four and a half months after their last loss at Eden Park in 1994.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Romain Poite has an interesing history at Eden Park. I'm just hoping he doesn't make a decision as diabolically bad as this:

Hmmmmm interesting. I think nowadays they'd have looked at that very carefully to see if the shoulder hits Carter's head. I think he may well get a yellow under the new rules.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Is it usually possible to find decent streams for these games?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Well done to Kieran Read for bringing up 100 test matches. Hope for his sake he plays well but I hope he becomes the first All Black to lose his 100th test.