Rugby 2018 Discussion

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Stockdale in the bin for 10. Pocock is the captain in Hooper's absence.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
3-3 while Stockdale was in the bin. Australia need to manage the next ten minutes as well as Ireland managed Stockdale's time in the bin.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Ben Skeen loves the sound of his own voice. I think Ireland should have backed themselves to score a try against 14 there.

RORY65

Should that not be a penalty try and a yellow? Good response by the Aussie's though, line out within 10 metres.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Matt Burke needs to look at rugby's laws. The TMO couldn't do anything about the knock on, offside penalty the Wallabies have conceded.

diarm

Ireland will get dogs abuse for having a blunt attack again after this but what else can we do against referee sanctioned foul play at will in their 23?

All series long, they have infringed whenever we've threatened their line and referees have refused to punish them for it. They're the best in the world at poaching ball on the deck so we either keep it tight to ensure we can retain ball against offside, on the ground or around the side defenders or play naive, loose rugby and lose possession.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Ireland will get dogs abuse for having a blunt attack again after this but what else can we do against referee sanctioned foul play at will in their 23?

All series long, they have infringed whenever we've threatened their line and referees have refused to punish them for it. They're the best in the world at poaching ball on the deck so we either keep it tight to ensure we can retain ball against offside, on the ground or around the side defenders or play naive, loose rugby and lose possession.
Of course I'm biased, but it feels especially galling seeing how Ireland have been penalised in similar situations, and Healy carded in the last test.

diarm

Of course I'm biased, but it feels especially galling seeing how Ireland have been penalised in similar situations, and Healy carded in the last test.
Yeah I feel shitty talking about it and I hate hearing Quinny call for yellow cards every penalty.

But it's been very frustrating to watch.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Phipps is off, Joe Powell from the Brumbies is on. Phipps hasn't been horrendous which is good.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
What's this guy like?

The only positive for Ireland right now is that they're barely ahead. Being dominated.
I'd have Powell ahead of Phipps. A lack of depth at 9&10 is a problem for Australia. There's Genia and a drop off when he's not on the field. It's the same story with Bernard Foley. If Foley suffers an injury, the Wallabies are stuffed.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Hodge is on so Ireland will want to watch their discipline. He can put over a penalty from within 60m.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Game over, Ireland win a heart stopping decider 201-16. Great series, well done to Ireland on a 1st ever series win in Australia. Cheika will be fuming at how it's all ended.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Oh and the aggregate score for the series - 55-55. How about that. CJ Stander man of the match. I wasn't convinced Stockdale touched the ball live, replays showed he might have but the officials would have wanted a clear and obvious touch in order to penalise Stockdale and contemplate and penalty or a penalty try to Australia at the end there.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
So for the 2nd year in a row a controversial decision by a French ref defines a series deciding test.