Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He didn't really get a chance today. Always good supporting tacklers ready if he broke one.
That tackle by Keenan just before half time was immense.
Yet more evidence that you’ve got to wrap his legs up
That was a bit of jibe in return to the “Australia’s Mack Hansen” stuff but yeah, that Keenan tackle was class. Going high on a specimen like VDW rarely ends well. There were a few immense tackles today. Loved it when Ryan and Sexton smashed Hogg into touch. And the one at the very end of the first half was a bit special too. Annoying there was no replay.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Seems like Ringrose was sitting up and talking in the dressing room after.

I think when the dust settles, Pearce is going to look extremely bad out of this. They took forever to stop the game when Ringrose was clearly in a very bad way. Not only that, he made three wisecracks to the Scottish physio while standing over Ringrose receiving oxygen. Enraging stuff.

Rooney24

Pretty nervous now alright. Even though all logic tells me Ireland will win, just can’t escape the nerves

whitbyviking

Ireland will batter England today. Borthwick is absolutely the wrong choice for coach, style of play is awful and standing by the old guard who were as culpable as Jones for being in the doldrums is going to be very short sighted. Bad time to be an England rugby fan.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Ireland will batter England today. Borthwick is absolutely the wrong choice for coach, style of play is awful and standing by the old guard who were as culpable as Jones for being in the doldrums is going to be very short sighted. Bad time to be an England rugby fan.
I wasn’t as initially sold on Bothers as most people, I think his Leicester were pretty one-dimensional….though they did they one dimension well.
Early signs aren’t that encouraging, though you absolutely have to give him time before judgement. Next 6 nations is fair, even the WC is too early for me….which shows how daft the timing of his appointment was

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Ireland are -15 evens….and I’ve lumped on it. No idea where these Irish nerves are coming from, they’re going to batter us
I'm obviously not Irish but there's probably some fear they'll find a way to feck it up. France might beat Wales by a shitload which means Ireland have all the pressure on them against an English side they should and probably will beat.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Ireland are -15 evens….and I’ve lumped on it. No idea where these Irish nerves are coming from, they’re going to batter us
An occasion can get to the best of folk. England are turning up with nothing to lose...and I'm still getting used to our world ranking :lol:

Italy showed we can be got at it, to some degree anyway.

England are wounded, so could be dangerous. Just my pessimism probably...but England aren't as awful as folk are making out surely?

Last edited:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I'm obviously not Irish but there's probably some fear they'll find a way to feck it up. France might beat Wales by a shitload which means Ireland have all the pressure on them against an English side they should and probably will beat.
Honestly, Ireland won’t have the opportunity to bottle it because we’ll be too crap to take advantage
An occasion can get to the best of folk. England are turning up with nothing to lose...and I'm still getting used to our world ranking :lol:

Italy showed we can be got at it, to some degree anyway.

England are wounded, so could be dangerous. Just my pessimism probably...but England aren't as awful as folk are making out surely?
It’s just synergy isn’t it. Put the two teams on paper and there isn’t a massive quality gap in my opinion. One team is playing far greater than the sum of their parts. One team is far less.
There’s a few legitimate reasons as well. England have a new coaching set up, and the players are scattered amongst various different clubs. Ireland have settled coaching and 12 starters from Leinster. It’s no surprise really that they’re a more cohesive unit

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don’t think winning the championship will be on their minds. The France result won’t be a factor at all. All that matters is the slam. That and beating the English at home, on this particular weekend.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Honestly, Ireland won’t have the opportunity to bottle it because we’ll be too crap to take advantage

It’s just synergy isn’t it. Put the two teams on paper and there isn’t a massive quality gap in my opinion. One team is playing far greater than the sum of their parts. One team is far less.
There’s a few legitimate reasons as well. England have a new coaching set up, and the players are scattered amongst various different clubs. Ireland have settled coaching and 12 starters from Leinster. It’s no surprise really that they’re a more cohesive unit
Don't get me wrong, I agree with all of this 100 percent.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Old habits and remembering bad memories, basically.
Believe me boys, I’d love us to turn you over in Dublin. But I can’t see it happening. Only chance we have is from a massive effort upfront, getting the scrum calls go our way, and Willis having the game of his life at the breakdown.
If Ireland are allowed quick recycles unchallenged it could get ugly very quickly

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Just as I turn the Scotland game on, the Scots score a try to take the lead 10-6 kick to come.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I have a massive accumulator with just Ireland winning the championship left. I am more nervous than most of the Irish fans

Rooney24

that. Plus its the whole occasion. Ireland v England. Paddy’s weekend. And the Grand Slam on the line. In Dublin. all of that makes the occasion bigger than usual.

plus id much rather England had have been more competitive last weekend and not actually got whalloped out of sight. That makes them dangerous to put it right today IMO

all that said, logic is still telling me Ireland will win

Withnail

We're 4 points ahead going into this round of games. What kind of scoreline could possibly put any pressure on us?

We're going for the grand slam at home to England on Paddy's weekend. That's where the pressure will come from. I can't see the France result having much relevance.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I’ll be interested to see how this 6 nations is viewed in France, seeing as they were basically unstoppable coming into it. Lost to Ireland. Ran close by Italy. Struggled against Scotland at home….if they struggle today against Wales at home, I think the aura will have faded a bit. Smashing England aside they’ve been very underwhelming

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Some refs are strangely slow these days, a few years ago the same kind of obvious fouls wouldn't require a committee or the help of assistants.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sexton needs to be careful, he can't put his head in that kind of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.