Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnie_ni

That's a shocking decision. Hume wasn't the tackler and went straight In to the ball. Should be an ulster pen

arnie_ni

And thats likely the game. Horrendous decision.7 points and a sin bin

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Watching Cardiff Vs Sale and this ref is absolutely clueless. He is just guessing stuff half the time

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
The Stormers vs Harlequins game in Cape Town was entertaining with the final score flattering Quins who were 2nd best for long periods. The try the Stormers scord in the first minute of the game was fantastic.

Last edited:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Anyone catch La Rochelle vs Gloucester? Unbelievable defensive effort from Glos, holding off that mighty LAR pack till right at the death

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Mont down 3 points and a man get the ball 60 yards forward after 22 phases and then get a penalty to tie the game in the 83rd minute

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Now in the 20th minute of extra time Exeter get a try & conversion after 20 phases to win on more tries scored

Last edited:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
So we’ve got:

Leinster vs Leicester
Toulouse vs Sharks
Exeter vs Stormers
La Rochelle vs Saracens

Fancy Leinster to steamroller Leicester, it really is Leinsters title this year with their constant home fixtures.
Toulouse vs Sharks is such a sweet fixture….can’t wait for that one and reckon a narrow home win.
Exeter to be the only side to lose at home, as despite looking a bit flakey yesterday I expect LAR to get their shit together and overpower sarries.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Jack Willis opts to stay at Toulouse after this season and forgo international rugby for England. Another mighty kick in the balls for the English game. Can’t say I blame him though, paid top money to live in the south of France and play in a superstar team…..I’d probably do the same

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Jacques Nienaber is going to leave his role as coach of the Springboks after the World Cup to take a job at Leinster, presumably as defence coach.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Jacques Nienaber is going to leave his role as coach of the Springboks after the World Cup to take a job at Leinster, presumably as defence coach.
Seems a good move for Leinster, as their Kryptonite is massive packs, how about the defensive coach behind the 2019 boks :lol:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Seems a good move for Leinster, as their Kryptonite is massive packs, how about the defensive coach behind the 2019 boks :lol:
Aled Walters will join England's backroom staff at the end of the Premiership season and Felix Jones will join England's staff after the World Cup. Both men were part of South Africa's backroom staff when they won the World Cup.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

Had no idea this was a rule. You live and learn. Red card seems insanely harsh though.
Yeah you can’t dive on a player on the ground. Though the rule becomes a bit obscure by the try line as it happens all the time. Refs watch out for it though because it’s often a chance for players to hit a cheap shot on the guy that’s scoring. In this case though it’s an awful decision

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Siya Kolisi is in danger of missing the World Cup after suffering a knee injury while playing for the Sharks against Munster in the URC.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
The Chiefs have beaten the Crusaders 34-24. It's the 2nd time this season the Chiefs have beaten the Crusaders this season to leave the men from Christchurch 5th on the table while the Chiefs remain unbeaten with 9 wins from 9 matches,

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
The Chiefs have beaten the Crusaders 34-24. It's the 2nd time this season the Chiefs have beaten the Crusaders this season to leave the men from Christchurch 5th on the table while the Chiefs remain unbeaten with 9 wins from 9 matches,

I watched the first half. Saders were well on top and seemed to have too much up front, but had a few tries disallowed and started coughing up scrum pens. Plus RM seemed to be well off today

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Big one today, I expect this thread to be jumping :lol: Can Toulouse find an answer for Leinsters streamroller

kidbob

Big one today, I expect this thread to be jumping :lol: Can Toulouse find an answer for Leinsters streamroller
Toulouse are favourites today for me. We've a great squad but even we can't deal with Henshaw, Sexton, Lowe and Kelleher out. That's 4 top International players. Furlong has also struggled to find form again after his injuries. Our defence has also been rather shite in big games this season, can't have that against a team as good as Toulouse. I'd be amazed if today is anything other than a +10 Toulouse win.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Toulouse are favourites today for me. We've a great squad but even we can't deal with Henshaw, Sexton, Lowe and Kelleher out. That's 4 top International players. Furlong has also struggled to find form again after his injuries. Our defence has also been rather shite in big games this season, can't have that against a team as good as Toulouse. I'd be amazed if today is anything other than a +10 Toulouse win.
Prepare to be amazed!

Id heard a lot beforehand about Barnes being a bad ref for Leinster but I think they’ve had a very decent whistle from him so far

kidbob

Prepare to be amazed!

Id heard a lot beforehand about Barnes being a bad ref for Leinster but I think they’ve had a very decent whistle from him so far
Had good start but the players out will tell in the last 30. Unlucky for JOB. He has to go to the World Cup for me. Barnes has been absolutely fine so far.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Ultimately Leinster have survived their absentees better….having to move DuPont to 10 has buggered Toulouse’s attacking game. Also, Jelonch is a huge miss….Leinster have won the breakdown as Flament just isn’t a backrower, not at this (basically international) level.
Props to Leinster though, I thought it’d be tighter than this

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Didn't account for Barnes leaning blue :lol:
Seriously though, Porter should have gotten a card that could have made a big difference at a crucial time.

kidbob

Wasn't expecting that to be honest. Thought Toulouse let themselves down with discipline although the VDF situation was very strange as he went into that ruck needlessly. Porter should have been carded and he really needs to sort his shit out. He's a great player but his moments of stupidity are eventually going to hurt Leinster or Ireland.

Overall good performance. Really took advantage of the yellow cards, hard to know what it would have looked like for a full 80 minutes of 15 vs 15.

Oh well onwards to losing to LAR again.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Wasn't expecting that to be honest. Thought Toulouse let themselves down with discipline although the VDF situation was very strange as he went into that ruck needlessly. Porter should have been carded and he really needs to sort his shit out. He's a great player but his moments of stupidity are eventually going to hurt Leinster or Ireland.

Overall good performance. Really took advantage of the yellow cards, hard to know what it would have looked like for a full 80 minutes of 15 vs 15.

Oh well onwards to losing to LAR again.
Jesus dude. Your relentless negativity is remarkable.

kidbob

Jesus dude. Your relentless negativity is remarkable.
? I gave Leinster credit. Nothing I have said otherwise is wrong. We were lucky with ref calls and at 15 vs 15 the game was massively even. To be fair I know I said we'd lose before hand but that's not negative against a team like Toulouse.

As for LAR they have proven they are better than us the last 2 times so if they make the final they should be favourites. Not massive favourites but favourites nonetheless.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
? I gave Leinster credit. Nothing I have said otherwise is wrong. We were lucky with ref calls and at 15 vs 15 the game was massively even. To be fair I know I said we'd lose before hand but that's not negative against a team like Toulouse.

As for LAR they have proven they are better than us the last 2 times so if they make the final they should be favourites. Not massive favourites but favourites nonetheless.
Guarantee you Leinster will be favourites in Dublin. Bookies will have them by -8 at least

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Leinster were at home and they’ve been brilliant all season. They were clear favourites so it was a bit strange for you, a Leinster and Ireland fan, to call a 10 point win for Toulouse beforehand. And after Leinster duly wiped the floor with them you’re quibbling about referee calls that went in Leinster’s favour (when the most blatant lucky escape was the Toulouse player who didn’t see red after planting the most obvious uppercut head butt to VDF’s jaw you will ever see)

It was the same in the Six Nations where Ireland were unbelievably good but you never seemed to have any faith in them and seem convinced they’ll have a shit WC too. I’m sorry for picking on you but it does stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.