Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidbob

That's more box kicks that Park played in one game than over the rest of his career. If your going to play that type of game then at least pick the players for it.

Withnail

Farrell needs to go at the end of the 6 nations, time to be decisive and bite the bullet. Playing a brand of rugby that suits none of the players we have. When you make Lowe look so toothless in attack then you know its not working. Go find some random New Zealander who will teach the team to play modern rugby.

P.S I wish Johnny was still 25, going to be a horror to replace.
It's just not good enough.

The players are better than what he's getting out of them.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
We're second.

We'd have been 5th if we lost :confused:
Winning was the worst thing possible if you are in the Farrell out group, up to 2nd and we have to hope for England to give the IRFU an eye opener, it would be interesting to see the continuous tv figures as I imagine the drop off would be huge because of the sheer boredom and people like me who are just uninterested in watching this brand of rugby, when we know the players are there to play a much more expensive brand of rugby.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
He will be a loss.
Can we send Farrell with him when he goes?
Only turning 31, I've just read. Surprising I suppose that he's quitting the club game too.

I wonder with the current state of the national team of we'll see a few more retirements soon. Some disappointing days on the horizon for the foreseeable future I'd say and a very hard grind to improve the situation.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Only turning 31, I've just read. Surprising I suppose that he's quitting the club game too.

I wonder with the current state of the national team of we'll see a few more retirements soon. Some disappointing days on the horizon for the foreseeable future I'd say and a very hard grind to improve the situation.
Transition it is which is disappointing given we are still transitioning from Joes side into ....well what I dont know.

Could be too much to ask to be ready for 2023

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Transition it is which is disappointing given we are still transitioning from Joes side into ....well what I dont know.

Could be too much to ask to be ready for 2023
Sadly, the only building for the future at the moment seems accidental, grudgingly done. We could have stuck with younger players against Scotland, but instead reinstalled the old guard who were for fit again. Dropping Casey for Murray and then leaving both him and Burns on the bench for 80mins was so pointless.

diarm

Will Connors is a massive loss for us. He was the key player to counter their powerful carriers. His Lydiate style chop tackle is the perfect foil to guys like Billy V. I'm worried that a backrow with Van der Flier and Conan is going to be smashed physically in this one.

I'd have been tempted do go with Baird or Dillane in the second row and then Stander, Beirne and one of the two lads in the backrow. Delighted for Killer to get his chance and the backline he's picked is the right one under the circumstances.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Last round of the 6N, kind of. Has there been any word on a rescheduled Scotland France match?

Think I'll skip the first game today unless Italy find some form from somewhere. Seems highly unlikely.

If I were to take a guess, France vs Scotland will take place next weekend.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Last round of the 6N, kind of. Has there been any word on a rescheduled Scotland France match?

Think I'll skip the first game today unless Italy find some form from somewhere. Seems highly unlikely.

Yep, skipping the first game. Massive battle of the disappointments in the middle one then donning my Beret and yelling “Allez le blues!!” for the rest of the day :D

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I got flashbacks of getting run over with a hit like this when I played as a teenager... I didn't know where I was for a good few mins after it :lol:

24-10 to Scotland now, feeling cheated by the Italians giving me early optimism.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Really looking forward to tonight. Whatever the result the match could be something special hopefully.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's totally messed up but when I see Sexton I think about concussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.