Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
The Highlanders pulled off the biggest upset of the super rugby Aotearoa season by beating the Crusaders 33-12 in Christchurch. This is only the 2nd home defeat for the Crusaders under Scott Robertson. Both defeats have come off a bye.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Leinster Toulon off due to a Toulon player testing positive for Covid. Do Leinster get a bye now?
Yeah Leinster are through. They would have gone through anyway I suspect. La Rochelle beat Gloucester pretty comfortably tonight, the score line flattered Gloucester.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
It's such an inspiration how ROG has built his managerial career. Really impressive here listening to him talk about understanding people to get the best out of them.

Hope he gets a crack at the Ireland role some day. Or more importantly perhaps, that he even wants to considering how he's managed his career moves so well so far.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It's such an inspiration how ROG has built his managerial career. Really impressive here listening to him talk about understanding people to get the best out of them.

Hope he gets a crack at the Ireland role some day. Or more importantly perhaps, that he even wants to considering how he's managed his career moves so well so far.

“Fiji time” :lol: :lol: Yeah, he sounded really sharp there, no wonder they’re doing so well

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
“Fiji time” :lol: :lol: Yeah, he sounded really sharp there, no wonder they’re doing so well
I have no idea what that is, but it's not like Irish people also don't have a reputation for being liberal with punctuality from time to time :lol:

As long as the player doesn't mind him sharing this, I take it as him knowing what his players need on an emotional level and having the ability to cater for it. Great to see the results of it.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Leinster are though to the quarter finals of the Champions Cup without needing to kick a ball.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I have no idea what that is, but it's not like Irish people also don't have a reputation for being liberal with punctuality from time to time :lol:

As long as the player doesn't mind him sharing this, I take it as him knowing what his players need on an emotional level and having the ability to cater for it. Great to see the results of it.
Thought about saying that but didn’t want to offend half this thread :lol: :lol:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I was impressed by La Rochelle's play last night particularly in the first half. I will temper that by saying Gloucester are 11th in the Premiership and if there was relegation the cherry and whites would be looking over their shoulder.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
The Highlanders pulled off the biggest upset of the super rugby Aotearoa season by beating the Crusaders 33-12 in Christchurch. This is only the 2nd home defeat for the Crusaders under Scott Robertson. Both defeats have come off a bye.

I know we've said it before, but it's so wonderful to see crowds at games.

Really enjoyed the determination to finish for the first Highlanders try :D

Has it been a bit of a season of upsets in general then? I haven't gotten around to watching any matches yet.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I know we've said it before, but it's so wonderful to see crowds at games.

Really enjoyed the determination to finish for the first Highlanders try :D

Has it been a bit of a season of upsets in general then? I haven't gotten around to watching any matches yet.
The season had a pretty predictable start. The Chiefs win over the Hurricanes in round 4 (two weeks ago) was the first upset of the season. The Chiefs backed that up by producing another upset when they beat the Blues in the last minute last week.

In the upset stakes, both Chiefs wins were gazumped by what the Highlanders acheived yestderday. One would exect the Crusaders to bounce back when they head to Wellington next week to play the Hurricanes.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Wasps leading Clermont at half time, had 2 tries disallowed as well. Waiting for it to all come tumbling down in the second half

diarm

Wasps leading Clermont at half time, had 2 tries disallowed as well. Waiting for it to all come tumbling down in the second half
That last try was unlucky. I think his toe did just touch the line but it was a hell of an effort to beat 2 tackles with zero space on the touchline.

La Rochelle were brilliant last night. The TMO who struck off that last try for the worst offside call I've ever seen should be struck off. They were batshit crazy at times but it was scintillating to watch.

A different sport to the game we're watching in Ireland.

diarm

How have Wasps lost that game?

The end is all on them but the first 75 minutes they will have serious questions about Frank Murphy's performance.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I've just got home after being out in the sun, what happened?

I saw some rugby folks I follow on Twitter saying they'd be watching 9hrs of rugby today :lol:

I'm interested in this Munster match, but absolutely dying for Connacht to beat Leicester this evening.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
That's such a terrible loss for Wasps . Absolutely embarrassing at the end with the line-out
How have Wasps lost that game?

The end is all on them but the first 75 minutes they will have serious questions about Frank Murphy's performance.
That was so frustrating. Honestly, if you’d been in my house the last 10 minutes....you’d have thought it was the football forum after a United match :lol: :lol:

diarm

That was so frustrating. Honestly, if you’d been in my house the last 10 minutes....you’d have thought it was the football forum after a United match :lol: :lol:
Your lineout was bulletproof for 70 minutes. Whose decision was it to bring the work experience kid on at replacement hooker?

diarm

I'd say hopefully we learned our lesson about kicking to their back 3 but I know better. It should've been obvious from the moment anyone drew back their curtains this morning.

We were very lucky not to receive another yellow after that break.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Your lineout was bulletproof for 70 minutes. Whose decision was it to bring the work experience kid on at replacement hooker?
:lol: Savage. One of those ‘he’ll learn from it’ moments
“Fiji time” is a phrase often used in Fiji. I actually saw Jonah Lomu play a match when I went to Fiji on holiday. Feck me they like their rugby there.
Yeah, most fun rugby nation in the world. What was the holiday like? Would you recommend?

Munster playing really well here, weathered the storm and they seem to have a great game plan in place

diarm

Things look a bit better now :)
My sarcasm was premature. We've been really good.

De Allende has woken up from his winter hibernation and is making ground for fun. Earls has been his electric best and Beirne, Coombes, Kilcoyne and O'Donoghue have all been superb.

Shows what we can do when we let the ball out past our halfbacks feet.

Stop giving CJ the ball and tell him to focus on hitting tackles and rucks and we'll be in good shape for the second half.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
My sarcasm was premature. We've been really good.

De Allende has woken up from his winter hibernation and is making ground for fun. Earls has been his electric best and Beirne, Coombes, Kilcoyne and O'Donoghue have all been superb.

Shows what we can do when we let the ball out past our halfbacks feet.

Stop giving CJ the ball and tell him to focus on hitting tackles and rucks and we'll be in good shape for the second half.
On seeing the replays, the amount of space that Toulouse gave De Allende for his break was hilarious. They left him a huge gap.

I think this one will still go down to the wire. Fingers crossed for a great second half.

diarm

On seeing the replays, the amount of space that Toulouse gave De Allende for his break was hilarious. They left him a huge gap.

I think this one will still go down to the wire. Fingers crossed for a great second half.
It was but I actually thought he did even better up the left for the first try and the bit of play in between.

diarm

I think Earls is very lucky there. Extremely cynical stuff.
He is, but Barnes has missed another massive forward pass before the kick was ever made.

We've lost 2 tries and Tadgh Beirne to his refusal to call obvious forward passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.