g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
deliberate knock on, yellow card, penalty try to the lions for me.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Tight but don't agree with ref rationale.

Would be good to show two angles side by side.

Definitely gets a palm on it but don't think he has that when ball touches floor. Downward pressure is by arm but don't see control at that point.. but v tight and onfield is try so couldn't see overturned
Never thought about this before but showing two angles on a split screen would be really useful for decisions like that last one. Make it much clearer

dbs235

This reminds me of the world cup final, constantly feels like a penalty is coming.

Traub

1-1 then, going to be a cracking final game.
I had tickets for the first and third tests, feck covid :(

Withnail

Awful. Well played SA.

Selection shit, bench shit, tactics shit

Needed to run it more ... If you're going to hoof it, play Liam Williams. Never mind he's a better FB and can cover wings.

Josh Adams scored loads of tries, dropped.

Conan over Faletau?

Roll on Third Test.
The Lions will need to create try opportunities next game. Pretty poor show that there wasn't even one that got away from what I remember.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Whens the citing committee? :)

Could be a few (Itoje, Hogg (if social media is to be believed), Faf) but expecting none. And expecting nothing to be done on Erasmus video either
I wouldn’t be surprised if itoje got done it’s a bad look to be kneeling on someone’s knack no mind doing it a second time and the play acting following it would have got Owens shouting at him it’s not soccer

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Like last week, not a game that will live long in the memory bank but that won't matter for the team that won. The Bok 'bomb squad' came to the fore this week which didn't happen a week ago. Lood De Jager and Vincent Koch were crucial.

I think Gatland needs to consider having Farrell start at 12 or maybe putting Finn Russell in at flyhalf. Neither will happen because Gatland is a conservative coach. He might be advised to consider who can start in place of Itoje who might be in a spot of bother.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Anyone know why Gatland has never been asked to coach the All Blacks? Great coach
New Zealanders can be pretty fussy over the style of rugby their team plays. Gatland's teams don't play rugby the way Kiwis want the game to be player. He's a Kiwi coach by birth but not by nature. Sure Ian Foster isn't everybody's cup of tea over there but Gatland isn't seen as their solution either if Foster gets sacked. Scott Robertson on the other hand....

One Kiwi has asked if Gatland is New Zealand's best ever coach: https://www.rugbypass.com/news/its-time-to-debate-whether-gatland-is-new-zealands-best-ever-coach/

Whens the citing committee? :)

Could be a few (Itoje, Hogg (if social media is to be believed), Faf) but expecting none. And expecting nothing to be done on Erasmus video either
Regarding Hogg the slo mo video I've seen doesn't look great but slo mo generally makes things look worse. Itjoe might be in a spot of bother. I think World Rugby will throw the book at Rassie Erasmus though even if it's just to make a statement.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Awful. Well played SA.

Selection shit, bench shit, tactics shit

Needed to run it more ... If you're going to hoof it, play Liam Williams. Never mind he's a better FB and can cover wings.

Josh Adams scored loads of tries, dropped.

Conan over Faletau?

Roll on Third Test.
Williams left out has been a strange one maybe he's carrying something?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
On field decision was no bite and no conclusive evidence he bit him is there? Easy decision.

SirAnderson

Anyone got a clip of the alleged bite by sinckler?
No footage that I could find. Apparently it was at the bottom of a ruck so I have no idea how they could even see that. Weird that this is the citing while there were so many others that needed checking.

Apparently at 64:41 but you literally can't see anything.

A comment from the replies says "About a minute later you can hear the mics pick up Ben O' Keeffe saying, "Siya, I understand what Franco said but I can't do anything about that right now. If there is anything, it will be dealt with after the game if we need to."

Status
Not open for further replies.