g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Rui Faria leaving United at end of season | OFFICIAL | speculation on replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acole9

Outstanding
B-but Goldbridge said we need a new assman to play g-good f-football.
Doesn't surprise me that he believes that. Most assistant manager just offer their piece and that's it. They don't have the final say on tactics etc.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Anyone else a bit worried that Mourinho is already lonely as hell living in a hotel with no family and now his best pal is upping sticks as well...
We are nearly two years into Mourinho's reign and people are still bringing up his living arrangements? It's been posted on here many times before. He's not living alone or living out some budget Premier Inn. He's living out of a 5 star hotel with a massive room which could be easily passed off as an apartment and he's surrounded by all his coaching staff.

“I don’t want anyone to be worried because I live in a two square metres room, I am living in an apartment inside of a hotel, where I have all the comfort, the support, where I have everything I want like I am living in a house.”

el3mel

I will laugh so hard if the managerial position he's getting will be the Arsenal job. Arsenal fans dreaming of top names post Wenger and they end up with United's and Mourinho's second man. :lol:

promisedlanchiao

I honestly feel that we should snipe buvac from pool. If he can do so well for klopp, which has been confirmed by klopp himself by saying that he’s the brain behind everything, then he should be able to work well with Jose. This is because they both seem like volcano characters, despite Jose honestly striking me as the smarter one.

Also, buvac giving attack-minded ideas to Jose could also help improve our already improving football from the dark ages of the three seasons before last. Fergie would also get assistants with new ideas in in the past as he loved new thoughts and ideas.

P.S. Does anyone else feel like Jose told Faria to leave on his own consent by himself as Jose didn’t want to sack him but felt like things had gotten stale and he needed a couple new things to work with or is it just me? Friendship and a once productive bond is all well and good but everyone needs a change once in a while.

Reactions: Sultan

Walters_19_MuFc

Excting news, I guess. Obviously, Rui Faria has done well and has been very successful alongside Mourinho, but I'd like to see whoever comes in have a better attacking philosophy.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Good, never liked the guy and feel that he is one of the reasons for the way we play with such a stupid mind set. If Carrick replaces him, i will have a lot of hope that he will be able to get his ideas through to jose and we just might start to play some good football.
My hope as well, but surely Jose is too set in his ways by now. Not to mention he’s a stubborn feck.

Acole9

Outstanding
I honestly feel that we should snipe buvac from pool. If he can do so well for klopp, which has been confirmed by klopp himself by saying that he’s the brain behind everything, then he should be able to work well with Jose. This is because they both seem like volcano characters, despite Jose honestly striking me as the smarter one.

Also, buvac giving attack-minded ideas to Jose could also help improve our already improving football from the dark ages of the three seasons before last. Fergie would also get assistants with new ideas in in the past as he loved new thoughts and ideas.

P.S. Does anyone else feel like Jose told Faria to leave on his own consent by himself as Jose didn’t want to sack him but felt like things had gotten stale and he needed a couple new things to work with or is it just me? Friendship and a once productive bond is all well and good but everyone needs a change once in a while.
It's just you.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I think McKenna is an interesting choice. Would make me happy. However, we have a manager and ass manager with two completely different philosophies.
I wonder how much control Jose will give him?
In any case, it's a good test of McKenna's diplomacy skills to work with a personality like the manager. If he can come through that and manage to exert some influence, then it would show he's got something about him that would serve him well in future.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Give it to somebody who knows how to get the best out of attacking players.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
McKenna would be an interesting choice. 31-year-old, big jump, but it would be nice considering that everyone rate his work and is attacking minded.

I have no doubt that Mourinho is the person who likes to keep absolutely everything under control but it's still a chance to work on a different level with top players and have some influence on the team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Why though? Possibly Jose reckons that Faria is hindering something or things just aren’t working anymore?
Maybe it was something of a mutual decision. Faria telling Mourinho he's planning on leaving opens the door for change without having to break up any friendships, our board could've seen this as an opportunity to encourage Mourinho to hire someone with an attacking mindset and fresh ideas, if Faria did decide to leave. McKenna is a natural choice, inside knowledge of the youth system and plays attacking football, something that embodies United. Entirely speculative but that'd be my theory.

ash_86

Doing well with our U18s I think. Joined us 2 years ago, and is very young at 32, so might be able to offer fresh ideas.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...a-named-manchester-united-under-18-coach.aspx

Oh he says he is a boyhood United fan, which is great!
His United 18 sides were most entertaining to watch in the U18 league this season even though he is very attacked minds coach.
If he can get senior team play football like the u18s do, it will be an awesome selection.
Pretty consistent view from the caf. Looks to be a genuinely good coach. Hope he gets to say if he gets a chance

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Good luck to Rui. His 'fantastic work by the referee' moment will never cease to make me laugh.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
McKenna is a very, very exciting choice.
My thoughts too. The u18s seem to play very exciting football and we've looked devoid of attacking fluidity all season. Hopefully signals the perfect scenario for us.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just read elsewhere it's Muelensteen?:confused: I guess we should just wait for official confirmation..

deafepl

O'Connor's future is as a fullback so he'd be above both of them on either side.
I'm pretty sure Laird is above O'Connor as of now, he only turned 16, played in U18 and 21 and is part of England's U17 squad world cup last year.

Hed Zitin

Nothing changed under Wenger. Nothing will change under Jose. Both are way more hands on the coaching side of things than Sir Alex to make an impact.

Its about time we had an Irishman involved with the first team setup again.
What on earth does someones nationality have to do with coaching?

Bojan11

He's very modern, attacking and likes creativity. We stole him from Spurs, very highly rated.
Easy implementating that in the reserves.

I don’t think this will make any difference. He will do what Jose says.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He might coach one of the big 3 in Portugal, it would be fun to see what he could do since noone really knows a lot about him.

I'd take him at Sporting if we don't win tomorrow's game.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I will laugh so hard if the managerial position he's getting will be the Arsenal job. Arsenal fans dreaming of top names post Wenger and they end up with United's and Mourinho's second man. :lol:
Arsenal fans are living in some alternate universe if they actually believe they could land an elite manager that's currently managing.

dove

Arsenal fans are living in some alternate universe if they actually believe they could land an elite manager that's currently managing.
Most of them are convinced they will get Allegri :lol: Surely if he goes to PL he will go to Chelsea...

Status
Not open for further replies.