Rui Faria leaving United at end of season | OFFICIAL | speculation on replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revaulx

To be honest, would be more excited if it was someone other than Carrick.
Yup. I think Carrick will do well but 1. It’s too soon and 2. We could do with someone with fresh ideas. Whether Jose would countenance that is doubtful though.

Tiber

Didnt care for him before he arrived at United, cant say my opinion ever changed much

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Anyone else a bit worried that Mourinho is already lonely as hell living in a hotel with no family and now his best pal is upping sticks as well...
Mourinho had been supporting Faria to go into management for a while so I think he'll be okay. He's still got Silvinho Louro to talk to.

deafepl

I don't knowmuch about McKenna except that he manages our u-18? How good a selection it is if it were true?
His United 18 sides were most entertaining to watch in the U18 league this season even though he is very attacked minds coach.

gr3yham3

Yup. I think Carrick will do well but 1. It’s too soon and 2. We could do with someone with fresh ideas. Whether Jose would countenance that is doubtful though.
If he wants to have some semblance of the longevity and success that Sir Alex had, he has to know that he needs to have new Assistants once in a while for fresh ideas. Hopefully this will turn out well for all involved and we see better attacking football on display next season.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I don't knowmuch about McKenna except that he manages our u-18? How good a selection it is if it were true?
If he can get senior team play football like the u18s do, it will be an awesome selection.

kps88

This could be a good thing. 17 years with the same assistant is bound to get stale.

Alternatively, he could be the brains of the entire operation and Jose will melt down without him.

cj_sparky

Interesting if it is McKenna, was waiting for Jose Jnr to pop up on the bench next season.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
McKenna is a very, very exciting choice.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Well I can’t think why else he’s been promoted but who’ll take over the Youth team and produce the same quality?
Don't know, probably our residents experts and people who follow academy football more closely will know. McKenna appointment will be music to ears of likes of Chong, Gomes and Greenwood.

dove

Would be interesting if it's McKenna. Probably I am just clutching at straws but maybe our board is really happy how he managed U18s and see him as a potential successor when Mou leaves? You know, our own Pep and stuff.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'd laugh if we went for Aitor Karanka!

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
If he's leaving then it sounds like he's got the Arsenal job. I can't see any other reason why he'd leave Mourinho and United.
He wants to be a manager.
Man Utd assistant manager isnt the only job in the world.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Would be interesting if it's McKenna. Probably I am just clutching at straws but maybe our board is really happy how he managed U18s and see him as a potential successor when Mou leaves? You know, our own Pep and stuff.
You think the board will decide who Mourinho's coach is? It'll be Jose's choice.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
McKenna is a very, very exciting choice.
Yeah, I've gotten round to it.

Great to see his number 2 parting on such good and respectable terms wink wink.

Smores

Bit worrying really, part of a very successful team. Doubt he'll be easily replaced but you never know how much they do

Status
Not open for further replies.