Rui Faria leaving United at end of season | OFFICIAL | speculation on replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
People need stop with the whole Faria leaving because of our style of play. He's more likely leaving because he fancies a go at management himself.
Obviously leaving because he got himself an opportunity, but him leaving might impact our style of play. He's been Mourinho's assistant for 17 years, getting a fresh set of ideas is bound to have an impact. Just look at how we changed under Fergie through the years going from Kidd, McClaren, Queiroz, Phelan, etc.. The assistant manager has an impact, it just remains to be seen how much of it will be seen with Mourinho.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It really doesnt make sense with McKenna because the academy is still rebuilding despite the U18s good season.
We can always take someone from Tottenham again. :smirk:

Bojan11

Why do you think this has come about?

Simply Faria wanting to leave? Or maybe enforced by Woodward to force more attacking football?
Oh come on. People need to use their brains.

People really think Woodward or someone is going to force Jose to get rid of his long term assistant? Do you think Jose would stand for that?

Sigma

People need stop with the whole Faria leaving because of our style of play. He's more likely leaving because he fancies a go at management himself.
Yeah I would be shocked if he's not leaving because of this. Wish him all the best at his new club.

Amir

Because Faria was the one putting the game plan ?
Clearly not, but part of the problem with United is I don't think we've really become a 'Mourinho team'. We're kind of in no man's land. Maybe - hopefully - Mourinho realised we, and him, need new ideas.

Canagel

Exactly. You couldn’t have gotten a more attack minded player in Giggs and that didn’t stop LVG playing such mind numbingly boring football when Giggs was assistant to him.

The only way we are getting attractive, attack minded football next season is if Mourinho either decides to completely change his approach to games, or we have a new manager in charge.
Why not? Giggs looked intimidated by LVG most of the time and also I think he was more learning off him as time went by and not actually coaching the players or being delegated for that stuff. Maybe the next person is different and will actually take on a bigger role with training?

Oaencha

It’s so obvious. Jose and Jurgen are participating in the new series of Wife Swap.

el3mel

Clearly not, but part of the problem with United is I don't think we've really become a 'Mourinho team'. We're kind of in no man's land. Maybe - hopefully - Mourinho realised we, and him, need new ideas.
I don't think Mourinho wanted him to leave. Faria is the one who probably took the decision because he had offers to manage other teams, much like what Mourinho himself did when he left Barca job.

However, I do agree that a new assistant manager will help install some new ideas in our training sessions and coaching, but it won't change much how Mourinho approaches his games imo.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Arsenal appointing Faria would be the stupidest managerial appointment ever imo.

Arsenal are a club in crisis and need an experienced manager to right the wrongs of the last few years of the Wenger reign.

Appointing a rookie with no experience would be suicidal.

Last edited:

The United

Hopefully, we get someone who has similar idea of how fans like to see in term of style. Could be a good thing.

deafepl

I hope we can get attacking assistant and take control of training session, it may improve our style of play.

Acole9

Outstanding
17 years is a long time to be working together, it's going to be strange for Mourinho being without him I'm sure. I imagine the replacement will most likely be someone already at the club, probably Silvino Louro the most obvious one, you'd have to throw Carrick into the mix but possibly too soon for him.

Brophs

The One and Only
Regardless of him moving on, never forget that Rui Faria looks like the sort of cnut who wears shoes with tracksuit bottoms.

OldSchoolManc

Did Buvac get sick of seeing his attacks destroyed by shite defending?
Could be on gardening leave til the summer and then move here?!

Acole9

Outstanding
Howson is giving it the big 'un on Twitter now. Reckons he knows his replacement, who's going and our targets for the summer. Some of it sounds like a 'Please pay to watch my podcast...pretty please'.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
It really doesnt make sense with McKenna because the academy is still rebuilding despite the U18s good season.
Yeah would be weird, hopefully it would mean we have a nice replacement, in fact we would need at least two top young managers - one for U18 and one for U23 to replace Sgabria or maybe Carrick would go straight to manage U23? Can't actually be worse but perhaps too little experience for that role already?

Snafu17

Howson is giving it the big 'un on Twitter now. Reckons he knows his replacement, who's going and our targets for the summer. Some of it sounds like a 'Please pay to watch my podcast...pretty please'.
He has said that it's McKenna, on reddit.

Jacko21

Going to be strange for Mourinho.

Faria has been the mainstay, while others have come and gone.

arthurka

Hope he does well where ever he goes .. Bring in some one fresh and attacking oriented ..

SirAF

Ageist
One thing that is guaranteed is that Faria already got a manager job lined up. I’m going out on a limb saying it’s arsenal!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Faria will go into management. Don't think it has any meaningful impact on our tactical approach which is down to Mourinho.

goober88

B-but Goldbridge said we need a new assman to play g-good f-football.

Seveneric

Can't imagine what'd count as an "exciting" no.2 seeing as Mourinho will most likely still take all the decisions.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Anyone else a bit worried that Mourinho is already lonely as hell living in a hotel with no family and now his best pal is upping sticks as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.