g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Rummenigge: Some players may think about it in future, to join a club like this.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The kind of treatment...does anyone actually know how he's been treated.

Has it been confirmed that Mourinho was terribly mean to this tennis player's husband, who used to be a pretty good footballer?

I'm sorry, but I don't give a feck about this. The player has done nothing for Manchester United. There is zero indication that he'll be any sort of asset to our squad in the future either.

If Mourinho wants him off our books, I'm inclined to agree 100%. That's all that matters. If he's been unnecessarily rude to the tennis player's husband, then that's unfortunate.

Mourinho should - in that case - apologize to his wife. The tennis player, that is. She's a professional, after all, and all this soap opera bollocks surrounding her husband might interfere with her preparations.

And we wouldn't want that.

Bastian Feckin' Schweinsteiger. Didn't work out, did it? Fair enough, wasn't likely that it would either, if we're being honest.

Last edited:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Prolonged relegation to the reserves could pose a legal problem if he intends to go down that route.
Hopefully this gets sorted as soon as possible. The club will have to pay him off. Which is only fair. They gave him the contract.
There is no legal precedent for that.

Chelsea banished Malouda to the stands too. Inter did it with Pandev. We did it with Valdes. He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
He is not a hypocrite at all and comments like these completely missing the point.

There are some fundamental principles at Bayern e.g. finishing every season with a profit (black zero) and another one is, that a contract is HOLY. They demand players to stay, if they dont wanna sell and the player have a contract, but this goes both ways of course. If the player wants to stay, then Bayern will also respect that decision.

That doesnt mean, that a club doesnt have the right to get rid of players. Absolutely nothing wrong with telling a player, that he doesnt have a future at a club or that his playing time is for example going to be zero. Its about how you handle such situations and Bayern have never treated any of their unwanted players the way United doing it. Sending a player to the reserves permanently and force him to leave his locker is crossong the boundries. I m not an expert in law, but I think the player has some rights and the club cannot do what they want and to prevent a pro footballer from training without cause is illegal.

United were known to be a family club having some principles too, but this treatment is just classless and Real Madrid level. Get rid of unwanted Players at all costs to get new toys every season.
That professionalism is supposed to cut both ways. If you're willing to believe reports that United have done all this, why not also believe the reports that Schweini was not very professional last season and couldn't/wouldn't maintain his fitness? Is that any better? If he's adjudged to be a problem, Mourinho and the club are well within their rights to deal with it appropriately. Rummenigge, what business is it of theirs? Even if all you say is true, that they're this shining beacon of virtue, why publicly comment on another club's business?

CM

If this fat feck put half as much effort into getting fit as he has causing this disruption in the media, we'd be golden.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think it's way it's apparently handled, having him training with the reserves without one session with the first team.
What's wrong training with reserves? Comparing him to Rooney isn't a good example. Rooney has been here for more than 10 years and is a legend.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
The manager has every right not to use a player if he's not in his plans.

dichinero

What's wrong training with reserves? Comparing him to Rooney isn't a good example. Rooney has been here for more than 10 years and is a legend.
Why should that matter to a new manager if he has no use for the player in question?

Dash247

As good as the players history is, if he is surplus to the requirement he has to go, it's as simple as that.

We didn't keep RVP, he had been one of the top strikers in past decade.
We din't keep Falcao (even though he was on loan), we all know his history that he banged goals on will.

Bayern themselves pretty much did this with Goetze.

Moreover, BS hasn't done anything extra ordinary while he was playing. He is way past his prime.

Let's support Mourinho's decision.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Rummenigge is a known idiot. I wouldn't worry about what he says.

Last edited:

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I hope Rummenigge is right. Players should absolutely think twice about signing if they think they we are becoming Milan. How many times do football clubs not get to hear MOANING from players? We're RIGHT NOW in a debate about a spoiled youth player called Januzaj who can't accept being loaned out. Our wish is to do that with him and we're paying him money. I won't go further into this subject because it's OT, but I think I've made myself clear.

The kind of fitness level Scwheinsteiger has shown is a disgrace to the club, himself, the game of football and any professional player - and it makes no freaking difference what kind of things he has won. If someone had showed me a future picture of him in that Man United kit 6 years ago I would think he's playing a football legend game and the year was 2025.

I suggest Schweiny stays in the U18 team and try to earn his place in the first 11 like any other player. He's at that point in his career and I think we all know that. We can't afford carrying around unprofessional players like him anymore. His fitness level speaks for itself. I've never seen anything like it. A whole season and the guy looks like he's been on a life long vacation. This guy used to be fit as hell. He don't put in the effort at training, that's for sure. He also think he can come with his medals and demand a spot. Just feck off. Your german medals counts for nothing here.

C'est Moi Cantona

Bayern are whiter than white apparently and never told a player or manager they were no longer required.
Tell Louis that..

"The Manuel Neuer issue would never have escalated like it did and we would never have had any problems with the fans,"

"Problems were created which were totally unnecessary and which have ripped the club to pieces.

"Louis Van Gaal should consider what he has done."

Poor Louis.

devips

These concepts -principle, class - cut both ways. If Basti was so classy, so principled, why is he still at the club when his manager has clearly told him his services were no longer required. He should have left immediately if he had any self-respect. This whining through third parties is doing no one no good.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
I've read through all the pages of this thread so far (and the other one too talking about this isssue) and I haven't seen anyone give a definite account of events, neither exactly what happened, nor the exact reason why it happened. I only read one speculation after the other which is always biased as a justification in defence of Mourinho (for those who like him) or as an accusation against him (for those who have reservations about him).

I belong to the second camp so it's obvious I don't see this in good light but I don't know the details so all I can say is: Hey, we all knew controversy walks with the man Jose Mourinho. It was always going to be part of the package, so let's not act surprised now. Whether fairly or not, he always finds a way to put himself in the news with one controversy or the other and that won't change. It has happened over the span of his career at all the clubs where he has been, so it is something we're going to have to get used to. Let's just keep repeating "anyway, he's our cnut" and pray that results and trophies make up for the inevitable bad press.

EDIT: I'm more than a bit surprised at some of the insults now being hurled at BFS who was one of the Caf's darlings last season, just because his case has become a press mini-storm, even though the guy himself has been extremely respectful in the way he has behaved publicly about the issue.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was past his best when we signed him last season. If Mourinho feels he isn't part of his first team squad then Schweinsteiger needs to move on.

I personally would be happy to see him go.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I've read through all the pages of this thread so far (and the other one too talking about this isssue) and I haven't seen anyone give a definite account of events, neither exactly what happened, nor the exact reason why it happened. I only read one speculation after the other which is always biased as a justification in defence of Mourinho (for those who like him) or as an accusation against him (for those who have reservations about him).

I belong to the second camp so it's obvious I don't see this in good light but I don't know the details so all I can say is: Hey, we all knew controversy walks with the man Jose Mourinho. It was always going to be part of the package, so let's not act surprised now. Whether fairly or not, he always finds a way to put himself in the news with one controversy or the other and that won't change. It has happened over the span of his career at all the clubs where he has been, so it is something we're going to have to get used to. Let's just keep repeating "anyway, he's our cnut" and pray that results and trophies make up for the inevitable bad press.

EDIT: I'm more than a bit surprised at some of the insults now being hurled at BFS who was one of the Caf's darlings last season, just because his case has become a press mini-storm, even though the guy himself has been extremely respectful in the way he has behaved publicly about the issue.
Its a classic example of lots of opinions being formed based on assumption and sweet feck all info.

monosierra

Its a classic example of lots of opinions being formed based on assumption and sweet feck all info.
That's the forum in a gist though. We know almost nothing but presume everything.

Imagine if people discuss with as much vigor and vitriol a company that are a fan of - debating staff promotions, C-suite intrigue, product launches. Football arouses a passion unseen in other human pursuits.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
That's the forum in a gist though. We know almost nothing but presume everything.

Imagine if people discuss with as much vigor and vitriol a company that are a fan of - debating staff promotions, C-suite intrigue, product launches. Football arouses a passion unseen in other human pursuits.
I think you will find a lot of people base their opinions on sweet feck all knowledge, lots of assumption and he said/she said type passed on info in all areas of life.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Didn't work out, did it? Fair enough, wasn't likely that it would either, if we're being honest.
Yeah signing a 35 year old purely on the basis of reputation and dubious leadership skills was never a very good idea.

Oh wait, that's next year's thread.

Rooney24

I love Schweinsteiger, think he's a great player and personally I think he could still offer us something but it just doesn't seem to be working out and I will regret to see him go.

But the day a manger cedes power to a player or doesn't do what he fully believes is right for the club is the day you start on a slippery slope.

Fully back Mourinho on this one. He has to have full authority on these issues.

Ban

Who's a hypocrite, who's a hypocrite?

Yes Rummenige is a huge hypocrite.

This is from 2009:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germ...n-munich-star-luca-toni-relegated-to-reserves

Toni has only just returned to training action after his Confederations Cup action with Italy, and head coach Louis van Gaal was far from happy with the striker's fitness. Therefore, Van Gaal opted to sent Toni to the reserves.

Also he says their club doesnt do that whatever happened with Schweini (and we don't know why he was sent to the reserves) but United on the other hand don't have convicted people in their board so I guess it evens out.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Tell Louis that..

"The Manuel Neuer issue would never have escalated like it did and we would never have had any problems with the fans,"

"Problems were created which were totally unnecessary and which have ripped the club to pieces.

"Louis Van Gaal should consider what he has done."

Poor Louis.
Jupp Heynckes only won everything and got the spanish archer

Bernerr

Supports
Bayern
Even as Bayern Supporter i dont like Rumenigge and how he acts with the media and i dont think that players will be affected by this story when thinking about joining united or not. Forcing a player to leave by not giving him the chance to train with the team (and probably showing the coach he is wrong) is always a rough choice but its hapening from time to time. Still dont get why clubs cant deal stuff like that with more class, for example telling the player he sould look out for a new team first before making it all public and humiliate them by downgrading them to the reserves could already solve some cases.

That german media, fans, officials and players are not to happy should be obvious, he is still the captain how led the national team to the wc and is the most important player in the past 10-15 years for bayern. Seeing him being dismantled is nothing you want to see as supporter (the comparsion of giggs going to bayern with the same story was quite good) even if there are reasons for it. Maybe players should more often act like Tim Wiese at hoffenheim, who got paid for almost 4 years and didnt even have to show up for train, so clubs pay more respect to contracts. But on the other side players are still on the much worser side at this case (most recent example at the bundesliga: draxler at wolfsburg)

Libano

I don't even think this one is on Mourinho. It's a business decision made by the club based on simple numbers. They need to make room on the payroll, Bastian is the obvious target. There are contracts signed by all parties involved to handle situations like this. No reason to get emotional. Rummenigge coming out of the woodworks is nothing short of laughable, he knows the game better than anyone.

derace

everyone at bayern should just shut the f up. uli hoeneß is a proven ciminal and even was in jail a few month and still this pathetic club is so high up his arse that he may return as club president. yet they talk about united looking bad. yeah sure you twats

Galactico

It's great that we are starting to be hated again. Although, I hope that Mou picks his battles wisely this time. From what I've seen of BFS, he doesn't have the fitness levels to play a full game. He just won't cut it in the premiership again this season whether it's for us or another team...

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The insults now being thrown at Schweinsteiger show a lot of people have the emotional stability of a teenager. He has acted professionally and given me no reason to think otherwise. You can call the decision to ban him from the first team locker room and practice a ruthless business move but you also have to live with the backlash given Schweinsteiger's status in the football world, because it is harsh towards a player who is more decorated than 90% of our roster. Granted past success means nothing for the future, but he simply commands a lot of respect because of it.

It's always easy to see the point of view from the side you are on but to observe it as a whole requires emotional maturity.

Anustart89

For those thinking we're disrespecting him and Mourinho's being a twat, what's the biggest problem? Is it the fact that he's not in the senior squad, that we've told him his services are not required, or is it that he's had to give up his locker in the senior squad locker room?

The way I see it, Mourinho's decided who is going to be in his squad and who isn't. Based on last years performances, and Basti's apparent professionalism in maintaining his fitness and thus proving his worth to the squad, it's not shocking that he's deemed surplus to requirements. From this, it should follow that we don't want to pay him £200k per week for training with the reserves, so him being told he can find a new club seems fair. And since we've established that he's not going to be playing or training with the first team squad, why should he have a locker in that locker room? Is he going to have that all for himself before the reserves' training sessions?

Sure, he's a legend of the game, but he sure hasn't acted and played like a legend for us. The club owes him nothing, and certain players get caught in the middle when there's a managerial change. Shame for him, but that's the way it is.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah it never happened at Munich but you've had no problem helping Heynckes to 'retire' after he won the treble nor was it problematic for you to let Pep get rid of Wolfhardt. Fantastic traditions indeed.

But let Rummenigge peddle his shit.
Their treatment of Heynckes was nothing short of disgusting. Amazingly short sighted comment by Ruminnege.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
Ruminnege can feck off. He doesn't talk shit about Madrid and they do shit like this all the time. Add to the fact Bayern themselves have done the same thing and poach every top German player from their rivals makes this a non issue.

It's a big feck on your face to Ruminnege from me.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Yeah signing a 35 year old purely on the basis of reputation and dubious leadership skills was never a very good idea.

Oh wait, that's next year's thread.
It's stupid to compare the Schweinsteiger and Ibrahimovic signings. Ibrahimovic just had one of his best seasons and doesn't have any physical problems

manunited1919

I will testify before any court that I'd gladly play for the United reserves, on Schweinsteiger's salary, without feeling harassed or bullied upon.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Schweinsteiger should be allowed to stay, I don't understand it.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Tensions are running high in the Newbs':

A little better than what? Telling a player he does not want him? WTH!!!?? Why must mourinho work with a player he doesnt want? Its like a girl who has a stalker who doesnt want to leave and people are saying "oh! let him wait in your living room until he is ready to go home!" NO! I dont want you! Wait for your taxi outside. Its up to you whether you want to sit on the floor outside or stand, but you cant wait in my livingroom.