Rummenigge: Some players may think about it in future, to join a club like this.

dichinero

How is that a classless? Any players in transfer list will not train with first team and has to find their new club. Clubs do that to any players. The fans need to take away their personal feeling and understand if the manager wants to build their own team. You are being biased by saying Schweinsteiger has to walk into Jose's plan based on personal feeling "because Schweinsteiger is a legend in football". Just because he used to be a great player doesn't mean manager isn't allowed to make their own team and plan. I couldn't care less what City does with their players.
I'm not saying that José hasn't got the right to do that and this is not about sentiment. We don't know the whole story but the reports from the Bayern boss and especially from the FIFpro guys suggests maybe it could have been handled with a lighter hand. Maybe a strong hand is what we need given how far we have fallen. I'm probably not too impressed with the way leaving players have been handled in recent years that is all. I feel like more could have been done for the likes of Rio, Vida, Evra and even RvP other than just a Twitter message.

That said, the support should be for the remaining players.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Torres, Tevez and Suarez all wanted out and Balotelli and Barton had massive behaviourial issues. Tevez was actually a mixture of both now that I think about it (refusing to be subbed on in the champions league).

Yet, none of those are quite comparable to the treatment Schweinstiger is getting imo. I don't recall Torres, Tevez or Suarez being forced to train with reserves indefinitely and having their locker physically moved such that they have zero contact with the main squad. I'm not sure what the Juve to Vucinic issue was but Id like to be shown how it was the same treatment.

Adebayor fair enough, but he's far less professional than Schweinsteiger. Wasn't he also a loanee for most the time?

There's clearly a stirr with bastian for a reason,when there wasn't one at the time with your other players. It's just random and mostly uncalled for relative to the other examples.
Inter did it Pandev and Sneidjer by forcing out of the first team.

It seems some people are more in uproar because its Bastian, rather than this being an unprecedented act. He has simply been moved out of the first team locker because he is no longer a first team player. He will hopefully move to a team where he will be a first team player again.

K2K

I'm not saying that José hasn't got the right to do that and this is not about sentiment. We don't know the whole story but the reports from the Bayern boss and especially from the FIFpro guys suggests maybe it could have been handled with a lighter hand. Maybe a strong hand is what we need given how far we have fallen. I'm probably not too impressed with the way leaving players have been handled in recent years that is all. I feel like more could have been done for the likes of Rio, Vida, Evra and even RvP other than just a Twitter message.

The club did try and make amends with those two the next time we faced them.

Evra wasnt forced out, and in fact the club basically begged him to stay, triggering an extra year in his contract, but then selling him to respect his wishes, for a minimal fee.

Mike09

What kind of lighter stuff that Jose needs to do? Every players in first team, reserve and U18 right now want to play for first team and Schweinsteiger isn't an exception. With a new manager is coming, he wants to build his own team for our success. He has the right thing to choose which players he wants in his plan for first team. Schweinsteiger isn't Jose's signing so there is no need for him to feel responsible for this.

acnumber9

"To prove himself"? Lmao for what? Europa League? Premier league upper mid table?

Take it easy people. Schweini's got nothing to prove to anyone.
If the player had that attitude himself it would explain why he's not in shape to play at this level.

Kostur

海尔的老板
"To prove himself"? Lmao for what? Europa League? Premier league upper mid table?

Take it easy people. Schweini's got nothing to prove to anyone.
He does, he's not at Bayern anymore, if he doesn't want to prove himself in a new team then he can rot in u12s for all I care.

Hope we physically indefinitely move his parking spot outside of our parking lot.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Some people argue like having one more guy (Schweinsteiger) in the first team training would prevent Mourinho from being successful.. :wenger:

Telling a player that he doesn't feature in the coache's plans is fine with me, but doing what United supposedly did lacks class imho (I'm not even sure if it's legal, afaik some German players sued their way into first team training), that being said Kalle should mind his own business.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He does, he's not at Bayern anymore, if he doesn't want to prove himself in a new team then he can rot in u12s for all I care.

Hope we physically indefinitely move his parking spot outside of our parking lot.
And what if he does?

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Could it be personal? Maybe Mou just flat out hate the guy...probably accidentally heard BSF talking crap about him under the bleachers.

K2K

Some people argue like having one more guy (Schweinsteiger) in the first team training would prevent Mourinho from being successful.. :wenger:

Telling a player that he doesn't feature in the coache's plans is fine with me, but doing what United supposedly did lacks class imho (I'm not even sure if it's legal, afaik some German players sued their way into first team training), that being said Kalle should mind his own business.
Do you have a link to this German case?

iHicksy

Lacks class? What are you guys smoking?

I think some of you are hung up on the fact his name is Schweinsteiger. If a manager comes in and decides a player isn't going to be in his plans then of course he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. If the manager had decided that he wasn't going to use Fellaini or Rojo and did the same thing I would wager there would be comments galore to the tune of "Well done", "Correct decision" etc.
Once you've made it clear to a player he's not in your plans (which is the manager's prerogative, regardless of if you agree, or not) then of course you don't want him hanging around with your first team core.

Firstly, he's likely to be annoyed or upset.
There's no way he's going to have a positive effect on the team in that state of mind. As manager, you want your players completely focused and committed to your cause. There is nothing to be gained from having a negative influence around the team. You might say that he's a sterling professional, but even if that is the case, you don't think he's going to comment to his friends in the first team squad about his situation and have a moan? He's human, of course he is. The last thing Jose needs is anyone questioning him at a time when he's trying to unite the team and get them to his way of thinking. The manager doesn;t need any disharmony in the team, especially at this stage and he's completely right by not taking that chance and surgically removing him from the situation to minimize risk.

There's nothing underhanded or class-less about this.

Gbenger

Didn't Bayern do similar or even worse in the past to their players?
What class are you talking about?

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States

You are really siding with a guy who wants Jose put in jail?

Blackwidow

Didn't Bayern do similar or even worse in the past to their players?
What class are you talking about?
Actually - no, not as long as I can remember - and that is the last 40 years. It is not about telling a player that you do not really plan with him.

The story that a player is not needed anymore even if he has a lot of contract left is something that happens in every club every season. You talk with the player and his agent - tell him his chances - but that happens behind closed doors so all parties can keep their face - and during that time the player participates and is part of the club as usual. The club helps with the transfer sum or pays parts of the wage when necessary.

Some forget here that United - and it is United not van Gaal or Mourinho a player makes a contract with - has given him that 3-year-contract with this conditions last season and they exactly knew what they bought and the risks.

As a player nobody gives you the guarantee for a positive sporting career in a club of for a permanent starting spot. That you have to work for. But I guess you have the right to be treated fairly if you did not really misbehave.

ShakeUnBake

So, Aguero eh? Great Arsenal player
Supports
Ajax
There are two sides to this story, probably. Mourinho has taken a hard approach, seen as too hard by many. Let's say that's true, and that Mourinho thinks so too. Why would Mourinho do this? To get rid of the wages of someone he doesn't need? That's the usual explanation, but what if he's sending a message? There have been some murmurs about Schweinsteiger not being as fit as he can be -- going with his wife to tennis, and even Van Gaal said about his protege somewhere around december last year that he expected more from him. Schweinsteiger has also been the only one to receive this treatment from Mourinho, despite there being rumoured as much as nine that have been deemed surplus.

Managers always want to create a tight-knit group with a die-or-die-trying attitude. If there is a perception of Schweinsteiger not giving it his all within the club, this may be Mou's way of saying "give me absolutely everything or leave".

dichinero

Actually - no, not as long as I can remember - and that is the last 40 years. It is not about telling a player that you do not really plan with him.

The story that a player is not needed anymore even if he has a lot of contract left is something that happens in every club every season. You talk with the player and his agent - tell him his chances - but that happens behind closed doors so all parties can keep their face - and during that time the player participates and is part of the club as usual. The club helps with the transfer sum or pays parts of the wage when necessary.

Some forget here that United - and it is United not van Gaal or Mourinho a player makes a contract with - has given him that 3-year-contract with this conditions last season and they exactly knew what they bought and the risks.

As a player nobody gives you the guarantee for a positive sporting career in a club of for a permanent starting spot. That you have to work for. But I guess you have the right to be treated fairly if you did not really misbehave.
Thank you

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Glad he's going. Waste of space and money.

Gbenger

Are you saying Bayern never banished players to the reserves or treat them poorly?
That's false or you've a very poor memory. On this thread, examples of such scenarios have been stated numerous times; go through them and refresh your memory if need be.

Bayern is pretty much a classless club; Basically all big clubs are and it's the modern way. I have no issues with the way United has treated Bastian. Most of those complaining simply do not know what they're on about.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Samuel Luckhurst said:
He is a genuinely lovely bloke but he looked happy to be at a game in a suit rather than a kit, which was a worry.
Sheesh...with that level of thinking, Luckhurst should join the Caf Body Language panel.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Do you have a link to this German case?
I think it was Tobias Weis and Tim Wiese at Hoffenheim, iirc they sued for their right to train with the first team and won, so the club created a "second training group" just for the unwanted players.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
:lol:

Very clever
I've read up a bit on it, apparently Eren Derdiyok, who was also part of that group at the time sued to be included in the real training. At the trial the judge said that he was probably in the right legally, but it didn't come to a definite ruling since the suit was rejected on formal reasons (the player went for some kind of sped up trial which apparently wasn't merited).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Cant believe so much is being made of this. Mourinho knows what he wants and he wants the zquad he trains with to be 100% committed every day and to have their purpose. Schweinsteiger was clearly lacking somewhere to be treated harshly so that we see no use for him at all, but if he is half assing it in training, it gives a bad vibe to the others and right away decreases the quality and intensity of the training session. So he tells him he doesnt want him. Schweinsteiger instead is happy to sit around and collect his wages. So mourinho sends him to the reserves where he wont impact the first team.

Blackwidow

Are you saying Bayern never banished players to the reserves or treat them poorly?
That's false or you've a very poor memory. On this thread, examples of such scenarios have been stated numerous times; go through them and refresh your memory if need be.

Bayern is pretty much a classless club; Basically all big clubs are and it's the modern way. I have no issues with the way United has treated Bastian. Most of those complaining simply do not know what they're on about.
I do not need to refresh my memory for that.

I did not say that players never got send to the reserves and I have read the examples that were mentioned in this threat and know the stories about it. Luca Toni was injured in August 2009 and played two matches with the reserves after that before he played again with the professionals. Poldi was 20 - the usual age rage - when he played 2 games with the U23 - a similar example came up with Bastian who Magath send to the reserves for matches, too. Before you let a guy in this age sit in the stands you give him playing practice. All of the mentioned examples were similar stories.

There was the story with Thomas Berthold in 1991 - who spent half a year in the stands being called the best paid German golf player apart from Bernard Langer - but he had a conflict with Erich Ribbeck and a problem with his training and the ban onto the stands was a result of this.

In the recent seasons it was van Bommel, Demichelis, Gustavo or Gomez with similar stories - not needed anymore - and all of them have still a very good relationship to the club and its officials.

Classless club - I doubt that especially if you look how Bayern handles the players with longtime injuries.

------------------------

You all know why Tim Wiese and Tobias Weis had to go into that training group II, or?

I do not have in memory that Schweinsteiger was misbehaving in public places or when drunk in multiple cases...

baanke laal

banned
You all know why Tim Wiese and Tobias Weis had to go into that training group II, or?

I do not have in memory that Schweinsteiger was misbehaving in public places or when drunk in multiple cases...
Apparently, he was not showing enough commitment to get himself fit for the league/cup games for the club.

K2K

I do not need to refresh my memory for that.

I did not say that players never got send to the reserves and I have read the examples that were mentioned in this threat and know the stories about it. Luca Toni was injured in August 2009 and played two matches with the reserves after that before he played again with the professionals. Poldi was 20 - the usual age rage - when he played 2 games with the U23 - a similar example came up with Bastian who Magath send to the reserves for matches, too. Before you let a guy in this age sit in the stands you give him playing practice. All of the mentioned examples were similar stories.

There was the story with Thomas Berthold in 1991 - who spent half a year in the stands being called the best paid German golf player apart from Bernard Langer - but he had a conflict with Erich Ribbeck and a problem with his training and the ban onto the stands was a result of this.

In the recent seasons it was van Bommel, Demichelis, Gustavo or Gomez with similar stories - not needed anymore - and all of them have still a very good relationship to the club and its officials.

Classless club - I doubt that especially if you look how Bayern handles the players with longtime injuries.

------------------------

But you dont have conclusive proof to this from United's side.

As a club, we rarely ever speak out in public on such issues, so our silence means we will be viewed as the bad guys.

Bastian will however feel wronged and portray his side of the story.

K2K

I've read up a bit on it, apparently Eren Derdiyok, who was also part of that group at the time sued to be included in the real training. At the trial the judge said that he was probably in the right legally, but it didn't come to a definite ruling since the suit was rejected on formal reasons (the player went for some kind of sped up trial which apparently wasn't merited).
But I struggle to see what is real training, from a legal point of view.

The coach can always say that they are two groups, one that is "expected to play the following match" and the one that isnt. Still first team training, with all the full facilities available.

I dont agree with courts forcing clubs to include players into training sessions. Its a slippery slope

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
What is it with this obsession with Bastian?

First you had people jizzing themselves at signing a old, past it injury prone player. If that wasn't amusing enough you had the weirdos creaming themselves and the whole cringeworthy BFS nonsense. As if we had just signed a hybrid of Ronaldo and Messi. He then spent the rest of the season being anywhere between woeful to completely shite. That didn't stop people from wheeling out their drool smileys each he came within a yard of the ball. But as time went by and the new toy syndrome wore of, people realized just how stupid praising his performances was and the attention turned towards his apparently amazeballs leadership. Hardly a shock Mourinho wants rid.

As for Bayern, it's hard to decide which group is more obnoxious. Their fans or the club itself. Both utterly classless in any case. feck Bastian and feck Bayern.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

Managers always want to create a tight-knit group with a die-or-die-trying attitude. If there is a perception of Schweinsteiger not giving it his all within the club, this may be Mou's way of saying "give me absolutely everything or leave".
Die-or-die-trying? :D

I wonder if the people who bring up BS' legend status are the same people who would rather not hear a bad word about Rooney's performances because of what he has done in the past.

Brightonian

Haven't read the thread and I'm probably the millionth person to post this, but... Hummels clearly got over it enough to go back to Bayern.

I think we'll be ok, somehow.