Rummenigge: Some players may think about it in future, to join a club like this.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
What is it with this obsession with Bastian?

First you had people jizzing themselves at signing a old, past it injury prone player. If that wasn't amusing enough you had the weirdos creaming themselves and the whole cringeworthy BFS nonsense. As if we had just signed a hybrid of Ronaldo and Messi. He then spent the rest of the season being anywhere between woeful to completely shite. That didn't stop people from wheeling out their drool smileys each he came within a yard of the ball. But as time went by and the new toy syndrome wore of, people realized just how stupid praising his performances was and the attention turned towards his apparently amazeballs leadership. Hardly a shock Mourinho wants rid.

As for Bayern, it's hard to decide which group is more obnoxious. Their fans or the club itself. Both utterly classless in any case. feck Bastian and feck Bayern.
This. All this.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
But I struggle to see what is real training, from a legal point of view.

The coach can always say that they are two groups, one that is "expected to play the following match" and the one that isnt. Still first team training, with all the full facilities available.

I dont agree with courts forcing clubs to include players into training sessions. Its a slippery slope
Maybe the destinction is about being trained by the (true) first team coach(es)?

Rooney24

"What is happening? It happens at every club on the world. The manager decides his squad," said Mourinho.

"I choose a certain number of players to face the season, that is it. I like to work with 20+3 keepers - I have done it for 15 years.

"We have so many players but so many competitions and the Europa League changes a lot. We could play 15 matches in it, on Thursdays, and there is normally Premier League on Sundays. I have made a decision to have 23+3. It is still a lot. I had to make my decisions."

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
:lol:

Rummenigge clearly helping United to avoid signing broken players. Good advice for the future... and by the way, last time someone was in jail was the president of Bayern Munich so nice try with the projection, I guess.

monosierra

After Hargreaves and now BFS, I'm wary of signing Bayern players. They are good at selling players who are either past their prime or damaged goods.

In any case, signing old players ala Milan never sat well with me as a transfer strategy. Granted, sometimes it works out (Ibra hopefully) but some types of players simply don't age well. BFS is no Pirlo or Giggs, who transitioned from physical to intellectual assets. BFS relies on his drive and stamina a lot and that goes with age.

ShakeUnBake

So, Aguero eh? Great Arsenal player
Supports
Ajax
Die-or-die-trying? :D

I wonder if the people who bring up BS' legend status are the same people who would rather not hear a bad word about Rooney's performances because of what he has done in the past.
I would make for a very bad general it seems.

santeria13

Sublemon
Torres, Tevez and Suarez all wanted out and Balotelli and Barton had massive behaviourial issues. Tevez was actually a mixture of both now that I think about it (refusing to be subbed on in the champions league).

Yet, none of those are quite comparable to the treatment Schweinstiger is getting imo. I don't recall Torres, Tevez or Suarez being forced to train with reserves indefinitely and having their locker physically moved such that they have zero contact with the main squad. I'm not sure what the Juve to Vucinic issue was but Id like to be shown how it was the same treatment.

Adebayor fair enough, but he's far less professional than Schweinsteiger. Wasn't he also a loanee for most the time?

There's clearly a stirr with bastian for a reason,when there wasn't one at the time with your other players. It's just random and mostly uncalled for relative to the other examples.
You can save yourself some time because pretty much all your posts, regardless of thread translate to the same thing in: 'I hate Mourinho'

Masterman

Adebayor fair enough, but he's far less professional than Schweinsteiger.
Do you train with Adebayor and Schweinsteiger? Otherwise how did you know the level of professionalism Schweinsteiger shows on the training field? Mourinho is not some scrub, he's an experienced manager who recognizes dressing room cancer when he sees one. Schweinsteiger is eating away precious wages as long as he's not playing, so it's not like Mourinho can ditch him for fun and laughter. Something must be very wrong with Schweinsteiger for Mourinho to conclude that he needs to train away from the first team.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
So Schweinsteiger is 'dressing room cancer' now? :lol:

Alright.

Well, good luck with Mourinho.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
What is it with this obsession with Bastian?

First you had people jizzing themselves at signing a old, past it injury prone player. If that wasn't amusing enough you had the weirdos creaming themselves and the whole cringeworthy BFS nonsense. As if we had just signed a hybrid of Ronaldo and Messi. He then spent the rest of the season being anywhere between woeful to completely shite. That didn't stop people from wheeling out their drool smileys each he came within a yard of the ball. But as time went by and the new toy syndrome wore of, people realized just how stupid praising his performances was and the attention turned towards his apparently amazeballs leadership. Hardly a shock Mourinho wants rid.

As for Bayern, it's hard to decide which group is more obnoxious. Their fans or the club itself. Both utterly classless in any case. feck Bastian and feck Bayern.
True. Also feel that Bayern fans are most obnoxious on Caf too.

Rummenige seems to have a case of amnesia or something.

Flytan

I don't want him here either. If he really was going to Germany during the season as often as was reported, he can feck off.

How is it disrespectful to send him to the reserves? Where the feck else would he put him if he won't leave?

Loublaze

ATLien
Torres, Tevez and Suarez all wanted out and Balotelli and Barton had massive behaviourial issues. Tevez was actually a mixture of both now that I think about it (refusing to be subbed on in the champions league).

Yet, none of those are quite comparable to the treatment Schweinstiger is getting imo. I don't recall Torres, Tevez or Suarez being forced to train with reserves indefinitely and having their locker physically moved such that they have zero contact with the main squad. I'm not sure what the Juve to Vucinic issue was but Id like to be shown how it was the same treatment.

Adebayor fair enough, but he's far less professional than Schweinsteiger. Wasn't he also a loanee for most the time?

There's clearly a stirr with bastian for a reason,when there wasn't one at the time with your other players. It's just random and mostly uncalled for relative to the other examples.
You're really reaching here. There's no difference between a player who wants out and a player who's not in the manager's plans. Mourinho wants a smaller squad, he's decided who he's going to keep and who will leave. If Bastian has been placed on the transfer list why should he train with the first team? Also, why does he need a locker among the first teamers? He's not in Mourinho's plans, he will not even warm the bench or be in matchday squads.

Loublaze

ATLien
Rummenige seems to have a case of amnesia or something.
He does indeed. This is how he treated Bayern legend Lucio:

“I am happy for Inter and a little sorry for my former fans,” to Lucio told Tz. “Half of my heart is for the Bavarians and I could’ve ended my career in Germany, but Louis Van Gaal, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeness made me leave."

He's foolish to suggest a club doesn't follow the will of the manager.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You're really reaching here. There's no difference between a player who wants out and a player who's not in the manager's plans.
I'm not sure there is. A player who wants out can be toxic to the squad if he is forced to stay. A player who is put up for sale can try to prove his worth and give the extra mile in training to make it happen. Most of the time, a reason for a player to be cast out to reserve is disciplinary related. IE Tevez refusing to be subbed on, Suarez publically wanting to go to Barcelona, Joey Barton being Joey Barton, etc. The thought behind such decisions tends to be less related to a "he's not really in my plans so I'll make him train away from me". Its more of a "I don't want the rest of my squad around this sort of behaviour".

Now, unless Schweinstiger has outright taken the piss, I don't think he deserves to be cast away. You can say he's taken the piss by going to Germany etc under LVG, but I blame LVG more than I do the player. If the player is allowed to relax, he'll relax. If Bastian is ready to adapt to Mourinho and work harder, he should at least be given the opportunity to show that in training. My gripe is that if Bastian is willing to meet Mourinho half way and prove himself, why should Mourinho not do the same?

He's still a very good player on his day and can offer much needed experience to our midfield considering Carrick is never fit for a good run of games.

Mourinho wants a smaller squad, he's decided who he's going to keep and who will leave. If Bastian has been placed on the transfer list why should he train with the first team? Also, why does he need a locker among the first teamers? He's not in Mourinho's plans, he will not even warm the bench or be in matchday squads.
Its a bit of a cop out reason. Schweinstiger doesn't make his squad untrain-able. One extra player, big whoop. You have the likes of Januzaj, Wilson and Rojo in the first team training, and some of them seem to have one foot (reportedly) out the door.

Loublaze

ATLien
A player who wants out can be toxic to the squad
Its a bit of a cop out reason. Schweinstiger doesn't make his squad untrain-able. One extra player, big whoop. You have the likes of Januzaj, Wilson and Rojo in the first team training, and some of them seem to have one foot (reportedly) out the door.
You must really rate/like Schweinsteiger. What do you make of the rumors about the other players not liking the special treatment he was awarded by Van Gaal? Pep Guardiola said the man was barely fit for the three years before he signed for United. The man is on 200k a week. Take all that into consideration and i'll say Mourinho has made a good decision

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You must really rate/like Schweinsteiger. What do you make of the rumors about the other players not liking the special treatment he was awarded by Van Gaal? Pep Guardiola said the man was barely fit for the three years before he signed for United. The man is on 200k a week. Take all that into consideration and i'll say Mourinho has made a good decision
I like schweinstiger, he's apparently a great bloke. I'm not going to defend his fitness but at the same time I'm not going to chuck him in the adebayor and tevez bucket. Those players could give zero fecks for the club they played for, whereas we don't actually know whether bastian-schweinsteiger would do the same with mourinho.

His lack of fitness means he would need to fight for a spot. Voiding him the opportunity to prove himself is overkill, attracts negative views from outsiders and sets a bad precedent.

People can joke about how minor changing a locker is, but they fail to see its part of a wider point, which is that he's shafted out of any contact with the squad. It's not the right way to treat a legend without him at least showing his worth under a new manager. Targets today make choices on fickle things. Di Maria was reportedly swayed by Ronaldo to come here, Bailly liked the sound of mourinho, Lucas Moura was warned off Manchester by Robinho. We don't really help ourselves by treating a well liked player in this manner. We could have not utilised schweinstiger in a starting XI, put him for sale to clubs but handled it in a far more amicable manner.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
You have the likes of Januzaj, Wilson and Rojo in the first team training, and some of them seem to have one foot (reportedly) out the door.
But you don't, neither Wilson nor Januzaj are training with the first team. Even if they were it would also be different as they are young and could be going on loan so they still have a future here of which Schweinsteiger doesn't.

Rista

If Bastian is ready to adapt to Mourinho and work harder, he should at least be given the opportunity to show that in training. My gripe is that if Bastian is willing to meet Mourinho half way and prove himself, why should Mourinho not do the same?
Because he is not in manager's plans. Perhaps Mourinho simply doesn't rate him at all, or it's a fitness issue, or something that hasn't even been mentioned yet. We don't know and whatever it is, it doesn't make slightest bit of a difference. Mourinho doesn't want him and isn't obliged to give every player a chance. It's as simple as that really. I'm not sure why some people are having a hard time understanding that.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I'm not sure there is. A player who wants out can be toxic to the squad if he is forced to stay. A player who is put up for sale can try to prove his worth and give the extra mile in training to make it happen. Most of the time, a reason for a player to be cast out to reserve is disciplinary related. IE Tevez refusing to be subbed on, Suarez publically wanting to go to Barcelona, Joey Barton being Joey Barton, etc. The thought behind such decisions tends to be less related to a "he's not really in my plans so I'll make him train away from me". Its more of a "I don't want the rest of my squad around this sort of behaviour".

Now, unless Schweinstiger has outright taken the piss, I don't think he deserves to be cast away. You can say he's taken the piss by going to Germany etc under LVG, but I blame LVG more than I do the player. If the player is allowed to relax, he'll relax. If Bastian is ready to adapt to Mourinho and work harder, he should at least be given the opportunity to show that in training. My gripe is that if Bastian is willing to meet Mourinho half way and prove himself, why should Mourinho not do the same?

He's still a very good player on his day and can offer much needed experience to our midfield considering Carrick is never fit for a good run of games.

How exactly does that happen? Do teams come and scout our training sessions? Besides, he can give all that extra effort to make a sale happen with the reserves as easily as he can with the first team.

Players also train with the reserves for other clubs when they are not in shape, when they are coming back from injury (both of which described Bastian). Really there is no valid reason for him to be working with the first team right now, if he is not in Jose's plans for the team. It makes far more sense to let that time and space that would be taken up by Bastian be used on players who are actually in the managers plans. This really is not a difficult concept if you put aside all the Bastian hero worship.

acnumber9

And when is Schweinsteiger fit for a good run of games?

RedCurry

I am fine with us sending a message that no matter how good you used to be and no matter how much of a legend you are, to stay at United you need to be able to perform.

Having said that, I still love the guy. Proper legend.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
The needs of Manchester United > Bastian, who is not even our legend.

Also, has Rummi made any steps toward buying Bastian back? I mean Bastian is a Bayern legend and if they are really that offended by our treatment of him, then the answer is quite simple.... buy him back and bring him home. After all he is their legend, not ours.

Last edited:

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Kalle needs to STFU. He did basically the same to push Goetze out of the door and recover some of the original transfer fee. That being said the main difference is that Mourinho didn´t even give Schweinsteiger an opportunity to prove himself. Okay if the club has decided that Schweinsteiger was a locker room problem last year and out of shape, then THEY should tell Schweinsteiger.

What does Mourinho know about Schweinsteiger´s level of play, personality or professionalism? From personal experience? Absolutely nothing! Logic would dictate, that he wants to form his own opinion, certainly not that he wants to be the leader of the kick Schweinsteiger in the nuts movement. That speaks of Mourinho wanting to establish himself as the alpha dog and at worst of an inferiority complex over his own footballing incapabilities. That he took another jab at Ronaldo for his coaching antics in the final makes him look like a bitter old man, who realized that coaches are hardly remembered in football history, especially at the club level. He´s not the star. It´s all about the players. If Mourinho can´t handle that, it won´t take long for him to alienate the next group of players.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
He does indeed. This is how he treated Bayern legend Lucio:

“I am happy for Inter and a little sorry for my former fans,” to Lucio told Tz. “Half of my heart is for the Bavarians and I could’ve ended my career in Germany, but Louis Van Gaal, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeness made me leave."

He's foolish to suggest a club doesn't follow the will of the manager.
Indeed.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The odd thing is that he has fanboys on here. Based on what he's actually done at United, you'd think most people wouldn't give a feck.

He's a player well past his prime who may or may not be half useful as a squad man of sorts - and that's the ceiling, if you will.

I actually find the "Mourinho's a cnut" stance slightly more understandable.

EDIT Meant for the other thread - not that it matters.

santeria13

Sublemon

Regarding the first part in bold, this is a so called 'charismatic leader' that we're talking about. It shouldn't matter what the manager does. I'm sure he is for Germany and was for bayern as I've seen it with my own eyes. He simply doesn't seem to regard us with the same passion I'm afraid. It's not something that I think is even malicious on his part. I believe his heart is just not here. His brain obviously is because he is still earning 200k a week and has successfully made himself out to be the 'victim' through his media team.

As for the second part, he had one good performance for us last season against Leicester. His other performances were either mediocre or below par.

Again mate, you could save yourself some typing and just replace it with ' I don't like Mourinho'.

Last edited:

redshaw

Even his friend LVG was so disappointed in him, not shocking to find a new manager wants rid. Perhaps Mourinho as seen enough already and been given facts from people at the club and other players about his training and commitment.

Still I blame our club signing a sadly obvious injury prone aging player on a 3 year contract with big wages. The comments from his previous club tell the story and its up to Bastian to get fit and prove his old club wrong. Would've had him on a year contract like Falcao or performance based and you get released if you don't play enough or train enough and look elsewhere if he doesn't agree.

I hope he can find a club or maybe even get fit, change Jose's opinion and help the team. I respect what he's done for Germany and Bayern but we've seen nothing, Bayern said we'd see nothing, Mourinho agrees with Bayern.

Sad to see a club like Bayern so unaware of their own practices. We have a saying here that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien
It's not the right way to treat a legend without him at least showing his worth under a new manager.
He's not a United legend. I can't see any other way a player clearly not in a manager's plans can be 'treated'. He's being allowed to train with the reserve team. His locker needs to be cleared if he's on the transfer list. Its as simple as that. We don't even know what conversation he's had with Mourinho. For all we know he was blunt with him about his future at OT but also respectable. The media frenzy over this is crazy and its feeding into the thoughts and opinions of fans such as yourself without knowing the full story/facts

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Because he is not in manager's plans. Perhaps Mourinho simply doesn't rate him at all, or it's a fitness issue, or something that hasn't even been mentioned yet. We don't know and whatever it is, it doesn't make slightest bit of a difference. Mourinho doesn't want him and isn't obliged to give every player a chance. It's as simple as that really. I'm not sure why some people are having a hard time understanding that.
He won't listen.

Mourinho is not required to give him a chance. He has seen him play last season. He knows the style of football he wants to play and the expectations he has of his players.

For me it was a simple choice between Carrick and Bastian,and Jose chose the former(with Van Gaal seemingly having chosen the latter).

Managers will make such decisions not just on the whim but consider a lot of factors. The fanboys simply don't get that.

santeria13

Sublemon
Kalle needs to STFU. He did basically the same to push Goetze out of the door and recover some of the original transfer fee. That being said the main difference is that Mourinho didn´t even give Schweinsteiger an opportunity to prove himself. Okay if the club has decided that Schweinsteiger was a locker room problem last year and out of shape, then THEY should tell Schweinsteiger.

What does Mourinho know about Schweinsteiger´s level of play, personality or professionalism? From personal experience? Absolutely nothing! Logic would dictate, that he wants to form his own opinion, certainly not that he wants to be the leader of the kick Schweinsteiger in the nuts movement. That speaks of Mourinho wanting to establish himself as the alpha dog and at worst of an inferiority complex over his own footballing incapabilities. That he took another jab at Ronaldo for his coaching antics in the final makes him look like a bitter old man, who realized that coaches are hardly remembered in football history, especially at the club level. He´s not the star. It´s all about the players. If Mourinho can´t handle that, it won´t take long for him to alienate the next group of players.
Coaches are hardly remembered? :lol::lol::lol: In a Manchester United forum? Wow. I feel like I'm slowly losing my sanity going through some of these posts.

Your second paragraph is the biggest load of drivel I have ever had the displeasure of reading on this forum, and that's saying something.

Last edited:

3KDré

And what do you know about his personality, level of play, or professionalism?

Mourinho has been a professional football coach at the top level for over a decade. He is an incredibly successful manager who is clearly very good at his job. His trophy haul would have logic dictate that he does actually know what he is doing. Having spent a few weeks with Schweinsteiger, I am pretty sure that he would have formed his opinion after analysis of his play and several reports of his behaviour from staff.

The truth is we really don't know how well Schweinsteiger has been conducting himself for the past year or how hard he tries in training. I highly doubt that a professional football manager who knows more about football than anyone in this entire website (most probably) would have chucked him out without a reason.

Mou knows more about his level of play, personality and professionalism than all of us on this site. Based on that, if he decides that he wants to get rid of a player then fair enough because ultimately its his squad and he knows best.

Additionally, if he really wanted to be the alpha male he probably would not have gotten the supposed egomaniac Ibrahimovic in or kept Rooney.