Rummenigge: Some players may think about it in future, to join a club like this.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Why should that matter to a new manager if he has no use for the player in question?
The relationship the player has with other members of the team and fans is a lot different when you've been 10 years at the club and is a record holder vs a player that has played half a season in the league.

Eddy_JukeZ

This is all getting overblown IMO.

Mourinho doesn't see him in his plans. Tells him to seek a new club.

Schweinsteiger by reports doesn't want to do that(because well, who'd pay his wages?), and so would rather stay and collect his wages and not feature in all likelihood.

Oh, but new managers never come in and tell players to leave.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Mourinho always said he wants a core 22 players. He now has that...or will do once we get Pogba.

The others who remain will be part of the bigger squad. Its up to players like Bastian to prove they want to be part of the 22. If a player in the originall 22 does not perform, he will be dropped and replaced by a player who proves himself.

Its not up to Morinho. Its up to Bastian to prove himself.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
"To prove himself"? Lmao for what? Europa League? Premier league upper mid table?

Take it easy people. Schweini's got nothing to prove to anyone.

Loublaze

ATLien
Is it? I don't think they're cast away from training with the first team etc. And in your Toni example it wasn't reported that the same treatment was given to him in that regard?

My issue isn't so much with Bastian being put up for sale. Its more physically segregating him from the entire squad. I don't think players up for sale undergo that as part of the process.
Liverpool did it to Torres, Balotelli, Suarez and Borini under different managers. Juventus did it to Mirko Vucinic. Newcastle did it to Joey Barton, City did it to Tevez and Bellamy, Spurs did it to Adebayor.

Why should a player up for sale train with the first team? Thats like getting a player from a rival team to train with the team, giving away tactics and secrets. There's no point in it.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
"To prove himself"? Lmao for what? Europa League? Premier league upper mid table?

He obviously has according to the manager. That is what should concern Bastian.

Mourinho is going for the title and every trophy he can win.

Currently he thinks Bastian cannot do the job.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

Some Bayern fans on here are so condescending. You'd think that 10 years ago there were also not struggling both home and abroad. You'd think they would have the clarity of thought to realize that things change.

Bastian has had an amazing career. But the key word here is had. I doubt Jose really cares about what he did in the past. It's mostly what he did last season,and that player is hardly worth keeping.

K2K

Completely agree. If Mourinho doesn't want him he should accept he's gone.
He won't play so I'm sure he'll get the message sooner or later.

He can train with the reserves to help keep him for for his next team.

Sadly I think we will have to subsidize part of his next wage. But I'd rather we take the financial hit and move on.

Bad purchase all round.

Eddy_JukeZ

Completely agree. If Mourinho doesn't want him he should accept he's gone.
Don't see why it's an issue. Fully agreed. If a manager tells you that you're not in his plans, I feel the player should accept it and seek a new club. If he says he wants to stay and fight(like Schweinsteiger reportedly has) and the manager's mind remains unchanged, it reflects poorly on Schweinsteiger IMO for him to stay.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
Don't see why it's an issue. Fully agreed. If a manager tells you that you're not in his plans, I feel the player should accept it and seek a new club. If he says he wants to stay and fight(like Schweinsteiger reportedly has) and the manager's mind remains unchanged, it reflects poorly on Schweinsteiger IMO for him to stay.
@K2K Yup to both of you.

Mike09

The manager says you can leave or not playing any games, Schweinsteiger says I wants to stay. So what Jose can do now? Keeping him without playing him a single game and let him take our 200k per week for doing nothing? There is a reason why Pep prefers Xavi Alonso not Schweinsteiger.

Jose put Schweinsteiger in a transfer list because Jose doesn't see Schweinsteiger in his plan, it means he's not in Jose's first team list so he's training with reserve team now. It's a common treatment that every players always receive in any clubs.
Jose didn't buy Schweinsteiger, but LVG did. Nor a club's legend. So what kind of respect that everyone expect Jose to show? It's not like Jose has to show a responsibility of players that LVG signed. And also the rumour said Schweinsteiger is told by Jose to find a new clubs, we aren't holding him in reserves so it's different situation compare to Valdes.

santeria13

Sublemon

Yeah, and he was one of the worst performers of the team which finished upper mid table :lol:

Did you not watch him play for us last season? I don't give a feck how good he was in Germany or how many cups/appearences he has accumulated. The minute he becomes a United player I also expect a certain standard and he was far below that standard. He might have proved himself as one of the greatest midfielder of all time in other teams however he still has it all to prove as a United player. I don't understand how people cannot grasp this.

His performances were genuinely quite poor and he was very unfit even when he wasn't injured. His movement and mobility reminded me of a cow. Aside from his playing ability, which he evidently didn't display last season; he was meant to be a leader and positive influence in the dressing room and this is half the reason we signed him. From what I've gathered he spent more time in Munich last season than with the squad. Not much of an influence at all, if true.

Shaw didn't even mention him in an interview last season when questioned about characters in the dressing room, which indicates strongly to me that his relationship with the squad wasn't as close as we would like. At the very least, he was definitely not the charismatic leader that we hoped he would be for our squad. With him being made to train with the u21s; it further confirms he can't have been much of an influence at all. You simply don't send an important dressing room character to the reserves. Mourinho can be a cnut at times but he is also smart.

So all in all, he has been below par as both a player and as a character for our club. Glad we're getting rid. 200k a week warrants a lot more than that. I would get a bit sentimental if he was someone like Scholes or Giggs and the same thing happened, but he is your legend, not ours.

As for the manner in which this has been handled with the whole u21 bollocks, I couldn't care less. Mourinho wants 22 players in his first team squad and he is not one of them, hence he is not training with them. Now it is up to Bastian if he want's to show Mourinho that he was wrong. If not, then he can stop sulking and gtfo. Even Januzaj is more of a United legend than BFS and he is getting the same treatment if not worse and I don't see anybody complaining. I mean, at least the latter provided us one season of excitement and hope. I feel more sorry for him, if anything.

Last edited:

dichinero

The manager says you can leave or not playing any games, Schweinsteiger says I wants to stay. So what Jose can do now? Keeping him without playing him a single game and let him take our 200k per week for doing nothing? There is a reason why Pep prefers Xavi Alonso not Schweinsteiger.

Jose put Schweinsteiger in a transfer list because Jose doesn't see Schweinsteiger in his plan, it means he's not in Jose's first team list so he's training with reserve team now. It's a common treatment that every players always receive in any clubs.
Jose didn't buy Schweinsteiger, but LVG did. Nor a club's legend. So what kind of respect that everyone expect Jose to show? It's not like Jose has to show a responsibility of players that LVG signed. And also the rumour said Schweinsteiger is told by Jose to find a new clubs, we aren't holding him in reserves so it's different situation compare to Valdes.
No it's not common, it's is classless! It's a question of professional courtesy. Bastian is legend as far as football is concerned. And while he doesn't have the right to walk into the new manager's plan, there is no need to send him to the reserves when it's not like him training with first team with overload the first team coaches or disrupt the team's season, neither is he causing any disruption in the dressing room. If this happened at City our fans would be calling City names.

monosierra

Have you considered that including him in training would be detrimental to the squad in terms of cohesion and resources. Why would a company devote resources to an employee it wants out?

Mike09

No it's not common, it's is classless! It's a question of professional courtesy. Bastian is legend as far as football is concerned. And while he doesn't have the right to walk into the new manager's plan, there is no need to send him to the reserves when it's not like him training with first team with overload the first team coaches or disrupt the team's season, neither is he causing any disruption in the dressing room. If this happened at City our fans would be calling City names.
How is that a classless? Any players in transfer list will not train with first team and has to find their new club. Clubs do that to any players. The fans need to take away their personal feeling and understand if the manager wants to build their own team. You are being biased by saying Schweinsteiger has to walk into Jose's plan based on personal feeling "because Schweinsteiger is a legend in football". Just because he used to be a great player doesn't mean manager isn't allowed to make their own team and plan. I couldn't care less what City does with their players.

Water Melon

Basti is still collecting his wages, and the amount is huge for a player of his age and fitness level. He does not look fit, he is not able to contribute to the progress of the team on the pitch, thus he was moved to reserves. He is not entitled to be in the first team no matter what. He needs to deserve it. He is entitled to his salary, and he is getting it. I am with Mou on this one. Playing a victims card by Basti's camp is a low thing indeed. If Basti is unhappy, he will ask to leave. By not leaving, Schweiny is basically saying that he is happy to be earning huge wages. If he is happy, why would we be upset?

K2K

But Pep has banished some players to the reserves too. Just this week.

Unless people are only arguing that it only becomes wrong when done to Bastian.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Let's be honest, BFS is on disgusting wages. He was poor and unfit last season and is well beyond his best. Apparently, most of the other players were pretty pissed off with the special treatment he received last season, as well as his attitude.

From a club perspective, he should be moved on asap. I don't think he has much of anything to offer us. I don't have anything against him, in fact I have huge respect for the career he's had. But we don't owe him anything. The media leaks are pretty distasteful IMO.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Let's be honest, BFS is on disgusting wages. He was poor and unfit last season and is well beyond his best. Apparently, most of the other players were pretty pissed off with the special treatment he received last season, as well as his attitude.

From a club perspective, he should be moved on asap. I don't think he has much of anything to offer us. I don't have anything against him, in fact I have huge respect for the career he's had. But we don't owe him anything. The media leaks are pretty distasteful IMO.
Well, he could've ended his career in Bayern, maybe playing a lot less but still in decent wages and without a lot of drama around him, instead he decided to join United, a team that wasn't "too hot" at that moment so at least some gratitude should be nice.

I mean, it's not like his life is ruined and his 200k a week aren't enough compensation, but there's more polite ways to do things. If Scholes left for Madrid being 31 and after a single season Capello sent him to play with Castilla the Caf would go nuts defending him. And rightfully so

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It's stupid to compare the Schweinsteiger and Ibrahimovic signings. Ibrahimovic just had one of his best seasons and doesn't have any physical problems
We'll know this time next year I guess

Water Melon

Well, he could've ended his career in Bayern, maybe playing a lot less but still in decent wages and without a lot of drama around him, instead he decided to join United, a team that wasn't "too hot" at that moment so at least some gratitude should be nice.

I mean, it's not like his life is ruined and his 200k a week aren't enough compensation, but there's more polite ways to do things. If Scholes left for Madrid being 31 and after a single season Capello sent him to play with Castilla the Caf would go nuts defending him. And rightfully so
He left Bayern because he could not get into their starting 11 and was deemed to be a surplus by Pep. So, he decided to join United under LvG where he could earn more though contributing less compared to his Bayern days. During his first season at Utd he did not show anything of the good old BFS form, however LVG still tolerated this. In came Mou, saw that Basti is past his best and obviously told him that he is not in the manager's plans. Most of the players under the circumstances would start looking for a new club, however Basti seemingly prefers to see his contract out. It is his right just as it is ours to send him train with U21s. Was not he supposed to be a valuable asset as a mentor? If so, the youngsters need him the most then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Some players might think twice before taking United for a ride and just sit there and collect wages.. like they do at clubs like Man City and Chelsea.

Well in that case Rummenigge.. Jose is doing the right thing and you can kindly feck off.

redsunited

This situation is reminiscent of Roy Keane, Malouda, Berbatov etc.

Players who are reminded that they are not required for the team, each due to different circumstances(Each took it and behaved differently).
Roy Keane took exception as he had done so much for the club and turned bitter towards the manager. Malouda was happy to stay in reserves and earn his wage. Berbatov wanted to fight for his place. He played well in the limited minutes he got instead of a lesser player Welbeck. Team suffered as a result, but the manager has already made up his mind for investing in potential rather than performance. Hence he left next season.

Each day thousands lose their jobs, everyone doesn't go to media and claim as a victim. At the end of the day instead of mud slinging in media, they have to find a new club and continue their career.

Regarding the rummeningge, after the muller saga he is just scared of the Premier league money and want to keep hold of his stars.

Last edited:

Sad Chris

This is the attitude that stinks. Any player that thinks he's bigger or better than the club AND doesn't perform to expectations should expect to be axed.

I still like BS and wouldn't mind keeping him, but he'd really need to show more than he has so far. Past achievements for other clubs don't interest me one bit once he plays for us.

I'll enjoy his past achievements on YouTube after he retires.

Sad Chris

Regarding the rummeningge, after the muller saga he is just scared of the Premier league money and want to keep hold of his stars.
Agree, but not just his stars, he's afraid of the Bundesliga getting weaker in general.

There's lots of negative press about the PL in Germany coming from club officials and league heads.

Sky Germany has an ad for the coming Bundesliga season: "the best league in the world is back" :lol:

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I really hate this. If a player wants to force a move, it's perfectly fine and normal these days. If a club wants to get rid of a high earning player who is not in manager's plans, suddenly there's an outrage. By our own fans as well. Ridiculous.
Totally this, at the end of the day, the consequences of whatever decision made will be on the manager hands. So, he should be the one who make the call.

We need an rvn

The same thing is happening to me right now. A number of us are getting made redundant, we're at the bottom of the pile of things the company cares about right now as we have no leaving date, can't look for new jobs until the contract has been signed etc. I feel soooo let down by the company....but wait

I'm getting a year's salary for leaving, 'working' from home for a month before they decide how the new structure looks and I have to hand my work over which will take a month or two we think and will have to come into the office on the odd day to do so.

Ie. Should I feel a grudge to the company for treating us like shite the last 6 months, absolutely and I wouldnt recommend the company to my worst enemy. Should anyone feel sorry for me, absolutely not. Now imagine if you're a legendary midfielder earning millions and clubs are fighting to get your signature...hmmm

Seveneric

Thankfully United are not run by idiots (sometimes). He's an ageing player, showing signs he's past it. He has it all to prove, regardless of if he was the bestest midfielder/pig farmer ever or whatever in Germany. You might have had a point if he was at his peak, but he's not even remotely close to that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Liverpool did it to Torres, Balotelli, Suarez and Borini under different managers. Juventus did it to Mirko Vucinic. Newcastle did it to Joey Barton, City did it to Tevez and Bellamy, Spurs did it to Adebayor.

Why should a player up for sale train with the first team? Thats like getting a player from a rival team to train with the team, giving away tactics and secrets. There's no point in it.
Torres, Tevez and Suarez all wanted out and Balotelli and Barton had massive behaviourial issues. Tevez was actually a mixture of both now that I think about it (refusing to be subbed on in the champions league).

Yet, none of those are quite comparable to the treatment Schweinstiger is getting imo. I don't recall Torres, Tevez or Suarez being forced to train with reserves indefinitely and having their locker physically moved such that they have zero contact with the main squad. I'm not sure what the Juve to Vucinic issue was but Id like to be shown how it was the same treatment.

Adebayor fair enough, but he's far less professional than Schweinsteiger. Wasn't he also a loanee for most the time?

There's clearly a stirr with bastian for a reason,when there wasn't one at the time with your other players. It's just random and mostly uncalled for relative to the other examples.