Music Run The Jewels | RTJ4 out now - released early

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah it's kind of impossible to pick one since there are so many awesome tracks, but my most listened to tunes:

- no come down
- oh my darling
- DDFH
- close your eyes
- sea legs

Dante

Average bang
RTJ3 has been announced for January 13th. I was hoping it'd be this year, but I suppose it's not too long a wait.

Everything is pointing to this being another great album, including sullydnl's vid above :drool:.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Excellent, at least we have a date now. Bring on the new year.

Dante

Average bang
RTJ3 Tracklist:
01. Down (feat. Joi Gilliam)
02. Talk to Me
03. Legend Has It
04. Call Ticketron
05. Hey Kids (Bumaye) (feat. Danny Brown)
06. Stay Gold
07. Don’t Get Captured
08. Thieves! (Screamed the Ghost) (feat. Tunde Adebimpe)
09. 2100 (feat. Boots)
10. Panther Like a Panther (Miracle Mix) (feat. Danny Brown)
11. Everybody Stay Calm
12. Oh Mama
13. Thursday in the Danger Room (feat. Kamasi Washington)
14. Report to the Shareholders/Kill Your Masters

It'll available for free download 13/01. You'd have to pay for a disc, though, obviously.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I really like Danny Brown's '25 bucks' but after hearing that I searched his other tunes and hated everything I heard from him. Hopefully he doesn't bring down those tracks that he's featuring in.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I really like Danny Brown's '25 bucks' but after hearing that I searched his other tunes and hated everything I heard from him. Hopefully he doesn't bring down those tracks that he's featuring in.
He certainly has a take it or leave it type flow. Very "B-Real"esque but his latest album is an absolute stormer. In doses he can really light up tracks. His Ft. on the Freddie Gibbs & Madlib album was great.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He certainly has a take it or leave it type flow. Very "B-Real"esque but his latest album is an absolute stormer. In doses he can really light up tracks. His Ft. on the Freddie Gibbs & Madlib album was great.
To be honest I haven't heard any of those tunes that you mentioned, I just youtubed him and the few songs I heard really put me off. I'll give it another go.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
If I ever hear you speak ill of Danny Brown again I'll cut you I swear to god.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Gimme a list of his best stuff. Not the blurty-mouth incoherent shit too, please.
To be fair I can see how he's an acquired taste to be fair, he pretty much deals in blurty-mouth incoherent shit :lol:

Dip, Dope Song and Attak (Rustie track) are my favourites but if you're not a fan of him you're probably not gonna like it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This just about confirms that RTJ is not for me.

It's like a Danny Brown track without any bite or energy. Just abrasive and dull.
This is worse than that shit you post in the 500k thread.

Get out. Of the internet. Never come back.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

It's like a Danny Brown track without any bite or energy. Just abrasive and dull.
You're more of a Viper type guy yeah?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town

I'm gonna admit nilly, I've never really got on the RTJ hype train either.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Can definitely see why some people wouldn't like them, they don't exactly trade in subtleties and nuance. Just look at how many times the phrase "gut punch" is used in relation to their music. That's kinda their charm at the same time though.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
You're more of a Viper type guy yeah?
The GOAT.

The songs I've heard from RTJ sort of belongs to the hip hop sound I dislike the most, that hard, harsh and cold Eastern sound with mostly white rappers (which is why I think RTJ seems to have so many casual hip hop fans). Artists like Jedi Mind Tricks and such.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
The GOAT.

The songs I've heard from RTJ sort of belongs to the hip hop sound I dislike the most, that hard, harsh and cold Eastern sound with mostly white rappers (which is why I think RTJ seems to have so many casual hip hop fans). Artists like Jedi Mind Tricks and such.
To be fair, you might argue that sound originated with Public Enemy, although the Beastie Bous would be an influence too.

Did you like Company Flow? Cannibal Ox?

GBBQ

To be fair, you might argue that sound originated with Public Enemy, although the Beastie Bous would be an influence too.

Did you like Company Flow? Cannibal Ox?
Oh man I am putting on The Cold Vein right now.

Danny Brown is really exploding this year. Releasing a great album after being the featured artist in the Avalanches comeback and will reach a lot more people now with RTJ.

Dante

Average bang
Danny Brown's an idiot.

Like, literally, an idiot.

I can't think of many other (famous) rappers with such childish lyrics. It's the sort of shit a 14 year old would find edgy.

Untied

RTJ3 Tracklist:
01. Down (feat. Joi Gilliam)
02. Talk to Me
03. Legend Has It
04. Call Ticketron
05. Hey Kids (Bumaye) (feat. Danny Brown)
06. Stay Gold
07. Don’t Get Captured
08. Thieves! (Screamed the Ghost) (feat. Tunde Adebimpe)
09. 2100 (feat. Boots)
10. Panther Like a Panther (Miracle Mix) (feat. Danny Brown)
11. Everybody Stay Calm
12. Oh Mama
13. Thursday in the Danger Room (feat. Kamasi Washington)
14. Report to the Shareholders/Kill Your Masters

It'll available for free download 13/01. You'd have to pay for a disc, though, obviously.
I'm struggling to imagine a Kamasi Washington RTJ song

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I like Grown Up.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3 RTJ3!

RUN THE JEWELS LIVE FROM THE GARDEN!

CHRISTMAS F*CKING MIRACLE!