Music Run The Jewels | RTJ4 out now - released early

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I'll need to check this album out at some point, seen them live before and they were woeful.
They're the best live act I've ever seen in any genre. And I've seen loads.
Ha, yeah saw them in Dublin couple of years ago, liveliest hip-hop gig I've been at (Mos Def a few weeks earlier was a funeral).

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Unfortunately this just strikes me as another album by Mike & El that's solid but nowhere near as good as either guy's solo album from 2012.

Acole9

Outstanding
The album starts off with a belter of a track and is continusly good and I'm thinking this is probably one of the best albums from last year but then a couple of tracks come on that are a bit dull and it goes from a brilliant album to a good one.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
The album starts off with a belter of a track and is continusly good and I'm thinking this is probably one of the best albums from last year but then a couple of tracks come on that are a bit dull and it goes from a brilliant album to a good one.
It's good, just not RTJ2 good.
Kind of agree after a few listens now. Think it starts and ends with belters personally (which is never a bad thing) but there's definitely some fluff in the middle.

Oddly I wasn't instantly sold on RTJ2 when I first heard it but then it grew on me more than the first. This one is kind of the opposite.

Another personal opinion but I find the audio track a bit out of balance with the vocals so I struggle to catch what they're saying half the time.

ZupZup

Just bought tickets to see them on tour in Manchester in the pre-sale... Friday 31st March.

Also accidentally bought two tickets to see them in London the day after... bit of an admin error. If anyone is interested.., let me know. Face value obviously! :smirk:

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Going to see them in Dublin. Hup the lads.

binary bot
Does anyone know how I get a Spotify presale code?

I have Spotify premium.

ZupZup

Does anyone know how I get a Spotify presale code?

I have Spotify premium.
They were e-mailed out to people who have been listening to them on Spotify... well, that's how I got mine according to the e-mail.

Anyway, the code is 'RTJWORLD'.

binary bot
They were e-mailed out to people who have been listening to them on Spotify... well, that's how I got mine according to the e-mail.

Anyway, the code is 'RTJWORLD'.
Sorted, cheers though . @Big-Red pm'd me earlier it and it worked.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I won't be home til probably May, gutted. Hopefully they come to Aus or NZ.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Just a reminder that I already have my tickets

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
What's the Dublin venue? Was in Opium Rooms last time I think.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm still not connecting to this album as much lyrically compared to RTJ2 but some of the beats :drool: El-P is a genius.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'm still not connecting to this album as much lyrically compared to RTJ2 but some of the beats :drool: El-P is a genius.
Yeah after several listens and time to digest I just don't think I will love this album as much as RTJ2, but I still love it.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Beats are crazy as per (Ticketron, Panter and Kill your Masters in particular).

I think Thursday Night in the Danger Room is quite a moving tune, lyrically. It's their 'story' tune like Crown.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Beats are crazy as per (Ticketron, Panter and Kill your Masters in particular).

I think Thursday Night in the Danger Room is quite a moving tune, lyrically. It's their 'story' tune like Crown.
Yeah that one is growing on me. Mike's verse towards the end is good.

Panther Like A Panther took a view listens but now I recognise its banger-ness. Makes me pumped.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Could only get seats myself. :(
Saw The Game (what was I thinking?) in D'lympia about ten years ago, nobody on the balcony was sitting.

In fact he threw his t-shirt into the balcony at one point and it was caught by two lads in the front row, who proceeded to punch the head off each other while hanging perilously over the edge of the balcony while The Game shouted 'Fight, fight, fight!' while swigging Hennessy.

He then proceeded to get so drunk that he called his kid live on stage and forgot 90% of the lyrics to the rest of the songs.

Great gig.

But yeah, my point is... something about seats, I forget.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Saw The Game (what was I thinking?) in D'lympia about ten years ago, nobody on the balcony was sitting.

In fact he threw his t-shirt into the balcony at one point and it was caught by two lads in the front row, who proceeded to punch the head off each other while hanging perilously over the edge of the balcony while The Game shouted 'Fight, fight, fight!' while swigging Hennessy.

He then proceeded to get so drunk that he called his kid live on stage and forgot 90% of the lyrics to the rest of the songs.

Great gig.

I was at that gig. :lol:

The fecker was locked. :lol:

And yeah, I don't expect anyone to be sitting...

pascell

Great gig.

Me and my brother went to watch him 3 months ago at Manchester Academy, he was decent and got the crowd going.

He had a tiff with security after tryna pass a joint to someone in the crowd :lol: