Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

RedDevilQuebecois

If Wagner, who are considered Russia's best trained troops on the ground, are routed in Bakhmut, it could have a ripple effect on the morale of all Russian troops in Ukraine.
The same way that Napoleon's army totally collapsed after Sir Peregrine Maitland's Guards Division ambushed and decimated the Imperial Guard at Waterloo.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Shaping operations have begun.

Ukrainian forces have begun “shaping” operations in advance of a highly-anticipated counteroffensive against Russian forces, a senior US military official and senior Western official tell CNN.

Shaping involves striking targets such as weapons depots, command centers and armor and artillery systems to prepare the battlefield for advancing forces. It's a standard tactic made prior to major combined operations.

When Ukraine launched a counteroffensive late last summer in the southern and northeastern parts of the country, it was similarly preceded by air attacks to shape the battlefield. These shaping operations could continue for many days before the bulk of any planned Ukrainian offensive, according to the senior US military official.
https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-05-12-23/index.html

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
It seems that satanic nazis is not enough anymore. Now we have artificial human beings infected with the "Russophobia" virus :wenger: :wenger: :wenger:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It seems that satanic nazis is not enough anymore. Now we have artificial human beings infected with the "Russophobia" virus :wenger: :wenger: :wenger:
To me it sounds more like he's saying that the Polish PM is a puppet the US built up to control Poland.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
It's kind of ironic we keep seeing the rhetoric that ukraine is defending european democracy, when poland, one of the biggest supporters, is slowing abandoning democracy.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Those attacks yesterday definitely gave Bakhmut city defenders a little room to breath. The front line has straightened considerably and the threat of Russians surrounding western Bakhmut is gone for now.

Rajma

First usage?

Ahaha this guy in the second video blaming Ukraine for hitting a civilian building while the ammo is still cooking off hard in the background. :lol: :lol: They’re really shameless.

Last edited:

the hea

There is also this currently going around:
I think this one or at least some version of this drone are equiped for radar jamming, it would make perfect sense to have one of these fly alongside any cruise missile like the Storm Shadow to jam the enemy radars. This also makes me wonder what other EW systems have been given to Ukraine that we don't know about yet. Very interesting.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Russians getting their own medicine right now in Bakhmut.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I think this is an older interview with Zaluzhny but still interesting to hear him say it like this:

Why did they attack us? The answer is very simple. The objective of the Russian Federation, in my opinion, was to destroy Ukrainian nationhood. Apparently, they were counting on the fact that people would meet them with open arms, and that would be the end of Ukrainian nationhood. And the essence of this war is that if we do not annihilate this enemy now, we will be annihilated. They are now suffering huge losses, but they are still coming here to kill Ukrainians. This is their objective.

Simbo

Prigozhin openly claiming his troops are firing on retreating RuAF.

Just a matter of time now, Ukraine is taking back everything.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I think this one or at least some version of this drone are equiped for radar jamming, it would make perfect sense to have one of these fly alongside any cruise missile like the Storm Shadow to jam the enemy radars. This also makes me wonder what other EW systems have been given to Ukraine that we don't know about yet. Very interesting.
I’d no idea that NATO had these. Even at $300k each you can really see the value in them.
If this is true that Ukr has them in large quantities then the Russians could be fecked good and proper.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I’d no idea that NATO had these. Even at $300k each you can really see the value in them.
If this is true that Ukr has them in large quantities then the Russians could be fecked good and proper.
I think the Ukrainians have a lot of new stuff in the arsenal right now since a lot of the training their troops have been doing on brand new systems is just now reaching fruition in the lead up to the counter offensive.

the hea

I think the US airforce and Navy are the only users of these decoys, they haven't been exported to any other country yet. So yes NATO have them but only through the US.

The Drive has an article up on this subject now with a little more information.
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...ure-air-launched-decoy-use-by-ukraine-emerges

Apperantly the photos posted are of an older version of the ADM-160 without any jamming capabilities, this fits well in with how the US has provided mainly older or even phased out stuff when it comes to the more advanced equipment.
Even if it is the older versions it will be very interesting to see how effective these are in suppressing Russian AA capabilities, in a potential conflict between the US and Russia these types of decoys would probably be the first to enter enemy airspace.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I think the US airforce and Navy are the only users of these decoys, they haven't been exported to any other country yet. So yes NATO have them but only through the US.

The Drive has an article up on this subject now with a little more information.
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...ure-air-launched-decoy-use-by-ukraine-emerges

Apperantly the photos posted are of an older version of the ADM-160 without any jamming capabilities, this fits well in with how the US has provided mainly older or even phased out stuff when it comes to the more advanced equipment.
Even if it is the older versions it will be very interesting to see how effective these are in suppressing Russian AA capabilities, in a potential conflict between the US and Russia these types of decoys would probably be the first to enter enemy airspace.
Is the idea that they'll waste ammunition shooting at it?

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Is the idea that they'll waste ammunition shooting at it?
Russia has enough ammunition. The real goal is getting their AA's focus and let the cruise missile through. It acts like a shield to the CM. In Luhansk it worked perfectly as we can see. The cruise missile hit was bullseye.