Ruud van Nistelrooy

MalibuKen

I fecking love him.

Legend in my eyes.

post your pics, memories and thoughts of him as a united player.

This will always stand out for me

prateik

that pic after he scored the pen against arsenal ???

great player

hah , the look on scholesy

Donegan

sweet revenge for rudd against arsenal and we beat their 49 unbeaten record!
When he first joined, went to one of them training sessions they have before the charity shield. Only him and beckham were the ones to jum over and sign anything

Alex

I love how he just yells right at end, talk about redeeming yourself, he was a class player, and still is

Donegan

Will never forget that dirty ugly cockney twat keown after Nistelrooy missed that penaltie. Dirty fecking twats.

neno

I wish Ruud would have been part of our european glory this season. He has been our most effective striker in the european stage and of the top 5 strikers in cl history he has the best goal per game played ratio! He is a United Legend in my opinion. Everywhere he goes he score buckloads of goals.

Domino

I wish Ruud would have been part of our european glory this season. He has been our most effective striker in the european stage and of the top 5 strikers in cl history he has the best goal per game played ratio! He is a United Legend in my opinion. Everywhere he goes he score buckloads of goals.
We would have not been in the final or anywere near it with Ruud in our side.

Class player and was immense for us, but when he left we went back to our old style of football, fast interchanging. With Ruud we were restricted.

This is not a dig at Ruud, but him moving was for the best IMO.

Forever Red

Class player and was immense for us, but when he left we went back to our old style of football, fast interchanging. With Ruud we were restricted.This is not a dig at Ruud, but him moving was for the best IMO.
Agreed

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I was absolutely gutted when we sold him.

Any person that says that Saha is/was a better player than Ruud is demented.

Ruud is a legend in my eyes. He single handedly kept us afloat during our dodgy transitional stage back in 2003-04.

A 26 year old Ruud in our current team would be a 40-50 goal a season player.

Truly world class and i miss him.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Class player and was immense for us, but when he left we went back to our old style of football, fast interchanging. With Ruud we were restricted.

This is not a dig at Ruud, but him moving was for the best IMO.
I only agree if you are talking about the Ruud that left in '06.

The Ruud we signed before injuries ravaged him was an extremely mobile striker that would have aided us and not restricted us.

Domino

If only we could say that about all our players, if georgie best never turned to drink..etc

but he did, he got injured and he lost his pace and movement.

Best thing we ever did was getting rid of Ruud, and he's attitude stunk.

Sorry to say it

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I only agree if you are talking about the Ruud that left in '06.

The Ruud we signed before injuries ravaged him was an extremely mobile striker that would have aided us and not restricted us.
Agree. Ruud in his pomp was awesome. Put Ruud when he was 25/26, in this United set up and it'd be magic. It just wasn't to be sadly.

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
biggest big game bottler if ever there was one. 2 goals in open play from 5 seasons against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal.
How many does Ronaldo have?

He was the best striker I've ever seen. You knew he would almost certainly score when he was on.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
biggest big game bottler if ever there was one. 2 goals in open play from 5 seasons against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal.
:rolleyes: Don't you think that was because they marked him much more tightly/better?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
If only we could say that about all our players, if georgie best never turned to drink..etc

but he did, he got injured and he lost his pace and movement.

Best thing we ever did was getting rid of Ruud, and he's attitude stunk.

Sorry to say it
Load of bollocks.

If you look at the one thing our squad is missing, it's a player like Ruud.

The problem was that he's too big a name, and too big of an ego to accept sitting on the bench half the time. That's not down to crap attitude. It's about him wanting to get the best out of himself.

SAF probably had no choice other than to let him go, as it was in both parties best interests, but the crap that gets spouted about him since is just silly.

Same thing happened with Beckham. In fact it still does

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Any person that says that Saha is/was a better player than Ruud is demented.
Both different players.

Ruud is a way better finisher, a class act in the penalty area.

We were getting very one dimentional in the last few years of Ruud's stay.

Saha gives more movement, pace, and power to the team. He compliments our present playing style better than Ruud.

Spoony

The People's President
Load of bollocks.

The problem was that he's too big a name, and too big of an ego to accept sitting on the bench half the time. That's not down to crap attitude. It's about him wanting to get the best out of himself.

SAF probably had no choice other than to let him go, as it was in both parties best interests, but the crap that gets spouted about him since is just silly.

Ruud at his peak, in his first three season, yes. People have to accept he's not the player he once was. . .and the fact that we've actually improved since he left(in fact as soon as he was replaced by Saha).

Brwned

Load of bollocks.

Well to be fair, I can understand why Ruud would want to still play consistently at the top level with his ability but SAF said his attitude was awful, and he expected him to be more professional about it.

Forever Red

Both different players.

Ruud is a way better finisher, a class act in the penalty area. We were getting very one dimentional in the last few years of Ruud's stay.

Saha gives more movement, pace, and power to the team. He compliments our present playing style better than Ruud.

He gives us feck all movement while he's out injured which plastic man always is. He's not a patch on Ruud

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He was amazing in the CL.

There was that one season where he scored in every CL game he played, which I think was about 15 games on the spin. Then that other one where he was the competition's top scorer despite only being fit for about three games.

I think his goals to games ratio was something like 91%

Kelvin

I still feel sad when we sell him, a prolific striker at any club he play for.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Well to be fair, I can understand why Ruud would want to still play consistently at the top level with his ability but SAF said his attitude was awful, and he expected him to be more professional about it.
His attitude became awful after SAF started leaving him out. SAF may have a point, and probably did the right thing, but you have to understand that a player with Ruud's ability and ego, just isn't going to accept the idea of suddenly going from being the main man, to being a bit part player.

Much in the same way Ronaldo, Rio, Rooney etc. probably wouldn't.

Spoony

The People's President
His attitude became awful after SAF started leaving him out. SAF may have a point, and probably did the right thing, but you have to understand that a player with Ruud's ability and ego, just isn't going to accept the idea of suddenly going from being the main man to a bit part player.

Much in the same way Ronaldo, Rio, Rooney etc. probably wouldn't.
When did Fergie drop him? after he wanted to leave or before?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
[/B]

He gives us feck all movement while he's out injured which plastic man always is. He's not a patch on Ruud
The injuries are unfortunate.

The fact that United's coaching staff began to change the playing system to suit Saha/Rooney was the start of Ruud's tantrums.

I never said Saha is a patch on Ruud, they are different and Saha suited the new system more than Ruud.

Not very difficult to understand.

Brwned

When did Fergie drop him? after he wanted to leave or before?
Well SAF said that Van Nistelrooy wanted to leave for three summers in a row, so I'd say after.

sonymobby

Both different players.

Ruud is a way better finisher, a class act in the penalty area.

We were getting very one dimentional in the last few years of Ruud's stay.

But was that Ruud's fault or was it United's fault for not having a plan B? Then again, when we decided to make Ruud plan B, he didn't like it...

Tibs

Loved him.

The goal where Rooney ran the ball down the pitch, and Ruud almost broke the net was beautiful

Ixion

I never took to Ruud to be honest, his record was amazing but I wasn't sad to see him leave, Saha did a great job of replacing him till his injuries struck again and Tevez has been fantastic. Coincidence or not our performances drastically improved when was started leaving him out and after we sold him, so I wouldn't want him back regardless of the goals. (And some of the things he said when he first went to Madrid pissed me off.)