Ruud van Nistelrooy

Spoony

The People's President
MrMarcello;4743169[B said:
]Keane? He belittled players on an on-air interview, fought with his manager, and was sacked soon thereafter. [/B]

Yorke sat on his ass his final season after constantly partying and frustrating his manager, even refused a transfer to Boro during January (can't blame him I suppose).

Beckham became bigger than the club and it was obvious he considered himself a celebrity before a footballer. Mind you he still did his best when he played.

Ruud played like shit in the last couple of matches for the club and yet was the club's top scorer that season. Because he sulked not taking part in the league cup final (as most world class players would be upset not taking part in a cup final) people label him. He's a great servant to the club and chose to leave. But he didn't cross that line and belittle teammates publicly or have constant battles with his manager. He also played versus sit on his ass and collect a large wage ala Yorke.
And we haven;t looked back since. Team performances clearly improved. Same goes for Ruud, as soon as Saha was in the team, we looked a completely different outfit.

I don;t understand the problem though. We've won two league titles and a European Cup over the last couple of seasons. And people still keep harping on about these players that have moved on. I don't get it.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
And we haven;t looked back since. Team performances clearly improved. Same goes for Ruud, as soon as Saha was in the team, we looked a completely different outfit.

I don;t understand the problem though. We've won two league titles and a European Cup over the last couple of seasons. And people still keep harping on about these players that have moved on. I don't get it.

Thats because we are a completely different outfit Spoons. Look at our team now compared to say Ruuds last full season with us when we had the likes of Keane in defence, O'Shea in midfield alongside Smith and Fletcher on the wing with Phil Neville at left back. Not to mention Richardson, Bellion, Kleberson, Dejmba, Forlan et al.

B Cantona

Desperate
Ronaldo doesn't score 42 goals in a team with Van Nistlerooy in it, that's for sure. And I doubt Ruud could play effectively in a system like we played last season, with 3 interchangable front men. Ruud dropping out wide to play on the wing? I don't think so. We'd have had to play more conventionally, and as a result might have been easier to play against. All I'll say is that I fully agreed with Fergies decision to ship Ruud in the summer of 2006, and it hasn't particularly turned out badly now, for all sides!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Thats because we are a completely different outfit Spoons. Look at our team now compared to say Ruuds last full season with us when we had the likes of Keane in defence, O'Shea in midfield alongside Smith and Fletcher on the wing with Phil Neville at left back. Not to mention Richardson, Bellion, Kleberson, Dejmba, Forlan et al.
Even the team which included Saha with the same players looked far more potent, and less one dimentional - hence the reason SAF started to leave Ruud out of the starting line-up.

It was also a start of our new style of football, which has been a brilliant success since Ruud left.

As I previously said Ruud was an amazing player, but the new football philosophy did not suit his style.

Spoony

The People's President
You are missing the point. We looked better with Saha in the side.(when Ruud was dropped)

Nathan

I think that Ruud was a class player for United and unfortunately he got left out. I remember him as a top class professional. It would have been nice to have him in the team that won the champions league.

giggsyflying

Football is not life. It is more than life.
no matter how good ruud and keano are and how big their contribution is, it is impossible for them to fit in our new style of play. it is not just speed. the biggest problem is they are not "mobile" enough. ruud is a assasin within the box, rather than keeping on moving in & out the box. keano is a box-to-box player but definitely his legs were gone
yes they are great players but ca n u imagine bobby charlton and denis law can still play for us?

jacoplane

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/7542088.stm

Van Nistelrooy quits Dutch set-up

Real Madrid's Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has announced his retirement from international football.

"After studying the schedule of Madrid and the Dutch team I realised playing for both would mean too tough a load for me," said the 32-year-old.

Van Nistelrooy won the first of his 64 caps in 1998 and is the team's third highest all-time scorer with 33 goals.

He missed Euro 2000 through injury but played and scored at Euro 2004 and 2008 and also the 2006 World Cup.

His decision came as a surprise to new national team coach Bert van Marwijk, who succeeded Marco van Basten as national team coach on 1 July.

"I had a comprehensive conversation with Ruud and I can do nothing else but respect his decision," said van Marwijk.

"I regret it that I can't use his quality and experience when I compose my squad but I wish him all the best at Real Madrid."

Van Nistelrooy made his name at PSV Eindhoven, where he suffered a serious knee injury, before moving to Manchester United for a then- British record fee of £19m in 2001.

He had five successful years at Old Trafford before moving to Madrid in July 2006 for £10.2m.
He had five successful years at Old Trafford before moving to Madrid in July 2006 for £10.2m.

Bargain of the century! All the best Ruud, why don't you come back as a coach with United, teach some of these youngsters the ins and outs of being a striker. Lord knows, we need it...

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
33 goals in 64 games is pretty impressive by international standards.

Kaka83

Legend. If he ever returns deserves a tremendous reception. He knows the club's songs, history and loved to play here. The circumstances in which he left could have been better, but its stupid to judge him on his last year. He was here for five. Keane was crap his last few seasons but that doesn't tarnish his image as a great midfielder.

Its funny how one blames our best player during that time for arguably our worst performances as a team. Sorry, most of you sound stupid, absolutely clueless!

At least Ruud kept most things behind closed doors (if he did hand in 3 transfer requests, which I highly fecking doubt) and kept things such as 'dreams' and 'who knows the future' to himself, unlike a certain #7. He never had a bad thing to say about Manchester and seemed to love it here.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
You are missing the point. We looked better with Saha in the side.(when Ruud was dropped)
Feb 1 v Blackburn and Feb 4 v Fulham. Ruud subbed on v Blackburn and scored two goal alongside Saha and the duo was fantastic in the following match as a partnership (Niemi denied Ruud at least a brace, one save which fell to Saha for his lone goal). So you're correct about Saha in the side but perhaps starting both would have been a better choice.

Anywho it's in the past and considering Saha spends much more time in the treatment room than contributing on the pitch I'd take Ruud of 05/06 anyday, let alone Ruud of 02/03.

jacoplane

Legend. If he ever returns deserves a tremendous reception. He knows the club's songs, history and loved to play here. The circumstances in which he left could have been better, but its stupid to judge him on his last year. He was here for five. Keane was crap his last few seasons but that doesn't tarnish his image as a great midfielder.

Its funny how one blames our best player during that time for arguably our worst performances as a team. Sorry, most of you sound stupid, absolutely clueless!

At least Ruud kept most things behind closed doors (if he did hand in 3 transfer requests, which I highly fecking doubt) and kept things such as 'dreams' and 'who knows the future' to himself, unlike a certain #7. He never had a bad thing to say about Manchester and seemed to love it here.
well said! legend:

jacoplane

Feb 1 v Blackburn and Feb 4 v Fulham. Ruud subbed on v Blackburn and scored two goal alongside Saha and the duo was fantastic in the following match as a partnership (Niemi denied Ruud at least a brace, one save which fell to Saha for his lone goal). So you're correct about Saha in the side but perhaps starting both would have been a better choice.

Anywho it's in the past and considering Saha spends much more time in the treatment room than contributing on the pitch I'd take Ruud of 05/06 anyday, let alone Ruud of 02/03.
Considering how he's played for Real and Holland at Euro 2008, I say we sign Ruud of 08/09. Berbatov's a poor man's Ruud!

Bez

Why did he leave the club, again?
What was the reason and situation?
Same old: "No player is bigger than the club..."?
If anyone could remind me?
Cant bother too look through the thread, its all about:
Legend or not?
Would he fit in today? (of course not)
Better finisher than him or him? (impossible to compare, really)

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
Tremendous player

Upon reflection I dont think he had half the creativity around him that you have now which really tells just how good a striker he was / is. Your midfield of 4/5 years ago lacked the mobility and speed it now has and in Tevez whoever plays up front now has an absolutely brilliant foil in respect of work ethic and ball holding which van Nistlerooy would have enjoyed imo

He bagged enough goals in sides that had Bellion Klebersom and Djemba so I'd rate him to get a third more if he played in the current side

He'll score in any fking side conference PL SPain anywhere ( still a cvnt tho:D)

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
It was fairly obvious Ruud hated it here towards the end and acted like a cnut. Some will defend him, I don't. He is as bad as Ronaldo for me.

FFS people calling him a legend have no idea what a true legend is. I was glad when he was sold.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

Saha was the better partner for Rooney simple as. We looked better as a team that way. Van Nistelrooy didn't want to work hard and regain his place after being dropped for poor form and disgruntled behaviour on the training ground. SAF did what was right for the team.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
Which couple of games was that, before ''Glasslegs'' got injured again? :confused:
Throughout 2006. Stop ignoring the obvious. Ruud left because he was no longer guaranteed a spot in the starting eleven. This was done purely on footballing reasons.

Fergie wanted a change of style and movement, Louis "Please dress me up" Saha offered what Fergie wanted for his new look United that Ruud didn't/couldn't.

Ruud then threw a tantrum and behaved like a prat.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Ruuds a twat!

He's continuingly crapping on about Ronaldo coming to Real, he's disrespecting the fans by jumping on this media band wagon, he should just shut the feck up & stay out of it - the fecking prick!

Not only that, Horseface has publicly called Fergie a "cnut", thats disgraceful thing to say about a legend of football!

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Tremendous player

Upon reflection I dont think he had half the creativity around him that you have now which really tells just how good a striker he was / is. Your midfield of 4/5 years ago lacked the mobility and speed it now has and in Tevez whoever plays up front now has an absolutely brilliant foil in respect of work ethic and ball holding which van Nistlerooy would have enjoyed imo

He bagged enough goals in sides that had Bellion Klebersom and Djemba so I'd rate him to get a third more if he played in the current side

He'll score in any fking side conference PL SPain anywhere ( still a cvnt tho:D)
People seem to continually miss this when talking about the great man. I cannot imagine the damage Van Nistelrooy would do if he had this team around him. He pretty much dragged us through the few years when we were struggling slightly.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
If Van Nistelrooy played in this team, i think the treble team may well have been beaten. We'd have none of this nonsense with Rooney on the left wing and we'd have someone that good to provide for.

I've no idea how that stupid myth has spread in such a fashion. People make him sound like Inzaghi.
Spot on.

2x G.N. Sweepstake Winner, Apprentice Winner 2013
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place.
Shame about his retirement from Holland. Huntelaar's got big shoes to fill. I hope Ruud returns to Old Trafford in some shape or form after his playing career is finished.

Ronaldo doesn't score 42 goals in a team with Van Nistlerooy in it, that's for sure. And I doubt Ruud could play effectively in a system like we played last season, esult might have been easier to playwith 3 interchangable front men. Ruud dropping out wide to play on the wing? I don't think so. ......!
the Dutch played the same system we played last season at the recent Euro's. Ruud thrived and they scored loads.

That's not what actually happened though. The stuff he said after joining Real was typical Real propaganda. Beckham was forced to come out with the same shite after he joined them, and he loves United as much as anyone.

As for saying others didn't leave a bitter taste. They did. Beckham was at least as off par during his final season, and had a falling out with the manager, then lied about wanting to stay. Keane slagged off his own players and was basically told to feck off, Jap Stam, etc. Others have left a bitter taste aswell. It happens, but after a while you get over it.

While I'm mentioning Beckham, he's another who's contribution to the club is now incredibly under appreciated. His commitment was Rooney-esque until his final season.
Seconded

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
People seem to continually miss this when talking about the great man. I cannot imagine the damage Van Nistelrooy would do if he had this team around him. He pretty much dragged us through the few years when we were struggling slightly.
Oh come on King, its not like he was doing it on his own. We had Scholesy, Beckham, Veron (in Europe and at the start of the 01/02 season), Giggsy and a few others to feed off. He was a very prolific goalscorer, FULL STOP.

Indeed.I'm still baffled where the Ruud was one dimensional myth came from.

IhabX7

Ruud was a superb player. But his last two seasons weren't at the level we needed. Having said that, every player is bound to have a difficult season. Im sure he would have added to our current squad, at least in the variety of attacking methods.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
This team is built on pace & movement. Ruud slowed that down when he was with us in his final years. Saha came into the team ahead of Ruud due to the fact he had pace, he wasnt as selfish, he created goals/chances for others & he wasnt throwing his dummy out of the pram every few days!

Ruud has certainly changed his tune regarding Ronnie. He seems to be in the press quite often now, crapping on about how fantastic Ronnie is & how much he wants him at Real. Its bad enough hearing fellow footballers talking about other teams players & encouraging them to play for their team through the media, but Ruud being worshipped like a God at Old Trafford should of stopped him from joining the endless list of Real players keeping the Ronaldo Circus frenzy going. Its sickening this endless propangada were gettin from Real & their media allies.

If Ruud had any respect for United fans then he wouldnt of commented on this issue, he should know how hard it is for us to deal with this relentless crap. Ruud should of refrained from this bullshit, because he knows us fans worshipped Ronaldo & he was well on his way for Legend Status in our eyes!

The way i see is, Ruud doesnt give two fecks about United or the fans, if he did he would of kept out of it. He's a selfish cnut & i'm glad we got shot of him, for if we didnt, you could probably guarantee we wouldnt have been as successful right now!

A few posters must be hullicinating or something: "If Ruud was playing with us now - we'd have a better team that won the Treble" - wise up! Ruuds form was shit & so was his attitude. Fergie got shot because he was ruining team morale. Not many managers come out publicly & state that, certainly not Fergie, so it must have been a huge problem that needed addressing!

There's some amount of ass-kissing goin on here regarding Ruud. Very fine player for United & will always be remembered for the great things he did, but he was far from being a team player & would whinge that he wasnt given the ball. He's one dimensional - Fox in the Box (a very good one), but i dont wanna see United play that way again, unless we need a late goal or two. Ruud's lack of mobility meant he didnt suit our game, we wanted everyone chipping in with goals & Ruud turned into a selfish cnut because of that!

As far as i'm concerned Ruud can go feck himself now!

Probably when we saw how good Saha and Rooney looked together up front combined with Ronaldo..
We were equally good with Ruud in the team before the Carling cup final.

After that we seized to be good with Ruud cause he had fecked up team spirit by quarreling with Ronaldo and a few others and openly showing Fergie his disgust that Saha was being given a fair chance ahead of him. Yet Saha had earned his chance while Ruud was injured. On top of not trying hard enough in trying as a result and also continually mouthing off about how he missed men like Becks repeatedly. In fact by the season end, save for Keane, he had no friends in the dressing room. That is why it was so evident vs Boro in our second last game of the season that he had to go. No one really wanted to play with him or pass him the ball. Then we dropped him for the Charlton game and we were all guns blazing again.....

All in all that hasn't been a valid excuse for disrespecting Ruud's ability in such a fashion

But Ruud isn't an one dimensional player.
Agreed

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
His best strikes were against Juventus, Fulham, and FCBasle. The way he was strectching Real Madrid's defence it took the best of Casillas to prevent him from findng the net.

The way he behaved during the Carling Cup final was embarassing. It was clear his heart was no more at United, and clearly wanted out, yet he created an image as if he was being forced out.

I dont buy the argument our playing system changed was the reason behind Ruud's downfall although in some matches like in the FA cup final it was apparent he wasn't really enjoying himself. Our attackers were played before a non existent midfield and Ruud dropped deep and worked hard to link up plays albeit he wasn't comfortable in doing that.

DocRockter

Just got this pic from Begawin.com(don't play there it's shit).. Ruud is ready for Juve tomorrow...HAH :lol: