g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ryan Giggs' £2million mansion vandalized by graffiti artists

Spoony

The People's President
Probably not no. But that situation being wrong doesn't change this one, or set a relevant precedent.

Yeah I agree. Giggs isn't a nice bloke by all accounts but his private life and his extramarital affairs are no one's business but his own and whoever else is involved.

He's a cock though.

togg

Would that be a sackable offence in most workplaces though?
Yes, really...as I said before, if he can do that to his brother, there is no doubt, if he was manager, he could do it to a players wife/girlfriend or even the a male sponsors wife. The thing is, with infidelity, it's obvious he doesn't have barriers, his penis rules his brain in these situations. As he said about his brothers wife, it was all about sex, nothing else..rather like scoring a goal. I truly believe he needs to cut his ties with United now, leave with as much dignity as he can and grow someone else. That is not saying he couldn't come back when he's even older, it's just about maturity. Most footballers during their career in the top league have no idea about real life because the club does everything for you. Then they phase out and reality hits..someone won't come an fix your plumbing problem, you have to call the plumber yourself. Giggs has never left this cocoon....and carries on mentally as he has always done. He need to find out what it's like out there....

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Yes, really...as I said before, if he can do that to his brother, there is no doubt, if he was manager, he could do it to a players wife/girlfriend or even the a male sponsors wife. The thing is, with infidelity, it's obvious he doesn't have barriers, his penis rules his brain in these situations. As he said about his brothers wife, it was all about sex, nothing else..rather like scoring a goal. I truly believe he needs to cut his ties with United now, leave with as much dignity as he can and grow someone else. That is not saying he couldn't come back when he's even older, it's just about maturity. Most footballers during their career in the top league have no idea about real life because the club does everything for you. Then they phase out and reality hits..someone won't come an fix your plumbing problem, you have to call the plumber yourself. Giggs has never left this cocoon....and carries on mentally as he has always done. He need to find out what it's like out there....
All of this. Well said.

togg

Yeah I agree. Giggs isn't a nice bloke by all accounts but his private life and his extramarital affairs are no one's business but his own and whoever else is involved.

He's a cock though.
nah..his conduct is people's business unfortunately for him. He's a role model for kids..no doubt and yes he probably doesn't want that..but you can't have everything as a top footballer earning more money per week that most do in five or ten years.

Adebesi

If he's immature at 40 or whatever he is I can't imagine he'll change much now.

But again, why now? Why should he resign today, when he was OK last week? Because his wife left him? Because he flirted with a pr girl? His most awful acts came ages ago, why would the club suddenly act now just because his wife decided she'd had enough?

Or if not the club acting, why should his wife leaving have any relevance on his position vis a vis the club?

Spoony

The People's President

He'd probably struggle outside his comfort zone to be fair. We've institutionalised him. As for sackable offences, most public sector workers don't get much leeway....Facebook, Twitter and what not can lead to all sorts of problems as can anything that puts councils in a bad light. But extramarital affairs? I'm not sure at all.

Rednotdead

None of this is news and the club has never considered it relevant to his employment, because it isn't.

Adebesi

nah..his conduct is people's business unfortunately for him. He's a role model for kids..no doubt and yes he probably doesn't want that..but you can't have everything as a top footballer earning more money per week that most do in five or ten years.
Better let all the other footballers know, and more importantly their managers, the directors and owners of the clubs employing them. If this is enforced the league will probably need to change to 5 a side.

Jazz

If he's immature at 40 or whatever he is I can't imagine he'll change much now.

But again, why now? Why should he resign today, when he was OK last week? Because his wife left him? Because he flirted with a pr girl? His most awful acts came ages ago, why would the club suddenly act now just because his wife decided she'd had enough?
Quite frankly, the club needs to move him as he hasn't got anything to offer from a managerial point of view. Doubt very much they care about his private life unless it impacts the club in someway. As @togg has said, if he gets the job he could end up messing around with a player;s girl or a sponsors wife - his very immaturity and lack of control means that this is a very real possibility. People at the club should adopt some hindsight and not think this won't be a real possibility.

But there's no way he'll resign, and SAF and Sir Bob will no doubt turn a blind eye to his activities.

togg

None of this is news and the club has never considered it relevant to his employment, because it isn't.
no, because he was your usual footballer then, now he is assistant manager to arguably the biggest club in the world with a global fan base that includes probably hundreds of thousands of people whose faiths abhor what he has done...full stop. It's about money to the money men...and this globally doesn't sit well.

Spoony

The People's President
Quite frankly, the club needs to move him as he hasn't got anything to offer from a managerial point of view. Doubt very much they care about his private life unless it impacts the club in someway. As @togg has said, if he gets the job he could end up messing around with a player;s girl or a sponsors wife - his very immaturity and lack of control means that this is a very real possibility. People at the club should adopt some hindsight and not think this won't be a real possibility.

But there's no way he'll resign, and SAF and Sir Bob will no doubt turn a blind eye to his activities.

Didn't stop us buying Eric Cantona, though. He wasn't exactly against the idea of shagging teammates' wives, to be fair.

Jazz

Better let all the other footballers know, and more importantly their managers, the directors and owners of the clubs employing them. If this is enforced the league will probably need to change to 5 a side.
A player fecking about is different though. If you're a manager behaving like that it will cause a serious distraction in the dressing room and/or boardroom.
What if he makes a pass at one of the Glazers' daughter?:D

Adebesi

I agree he shouldn't get the job. Not for this reason tho, mainly because he isn't qualified for it.

But I do think it's more justifiable as a reason to not give this kind of promotion. Whereas sacking him from a job he already has would be a can of worms.

Jazz

Didn't stop us buying Eric Cantona, though. He wasn't exactly against the idea of shagging teammates' wives, to be fair.
Eric Cantona was not a manager. I imagine the dynamic is different when the manager is shagging the player's wife. I'm pretty certain he'd lose all his authority and any respect they may have had for him.

Jazz

I agree he shouldn't get the job. Not for this reason tho, mainly because he isn't qualified for it.

But I do think it's more justifiable as a reason to not give this kind of promotion. Whereas sacking him from a job he already has would be a can of worms.
That's fair enough. And yes, he absolutely shouldn't get a job he's not qualified for. Just wish someone at United would wake up and tell him this (sigh).

RedFish

Eric Cantona was not a manager. I imagine the dynamic is different when the manager is shagging the player's wife. I'm pretty certain he'd lose all his authority and any respect they may have had for him.
Because shagging the wags of people you know is wrong. Oh wait....

Spoony

The People's President
Eric Cantona was not a manager. I imagine the dynamic is different when the manager is shagging the player's wife. I'm pretty certain you'd lose all his authority and any respect they may have had for him.
I'm sure Cantona wasn't well loved by the Leeds dressing room. But we can't sack folk for things they haven't done. As of yet he hasn't shagged Rojo's bird for example. Imagine us turning down the chance to buy Cantona because we were frightened he'd shag everyone at the club including the tea lady and her husband in a mental threesome involving cactus plants...thus causing disharmony at United. Eh? Imagine that?

Jazz

Because shagging the wags of people you know is wrong. Oh wait....
I don't understand what you mean?

The manager is a figure of authority, and as such the dynamic would be different than if it was between players. No matter what cnuts they are, players do need to feel like they can trust the manager in all things.

Jazz

I'm sure Cantona wasn't well loved by the Leeds dressing room. But we can't sack folk for things they haven't done. As of yet he hasn't shagged Rojo's bird for example. Imagine us turning down the chance to buy Cantona because we were frightened he'd shag everyone at the club including the tea lady and her husband in a mental threesome involving cactus plants...thus causing disharmony at United. Eh? Imagine that?
For what it's worth, I don't believe I am one of the posters that said anything about sacking Giggs for having a restless penis. I am commentating on him being scummy.
Yes I do think the club needs to move him on, but that is done to his obvious lack of experience, and my never getting the impression that he's got what it takes to be a manager.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
To be a leader you either have to have some indisputable talent that people can rally around, or be a beacon of moral integrity. So unless Giggs is an unbelievable motivator and tactician; I can't see how he could possibly make any claim to the United throne. And we're not going to know that unless he manages somewhere else first.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
:lol:

Rednotdead

no, because he was your usual footballer then, now he is assistant manager to arguably the biggest club in the world with a global fan base that includes probably hundreds of thousands of people whose faiths abhor what he has done...full stop. It's about money to the money men...and this globally doesn't sit well.
Still totally irrelevant, except to the "moral majority" on this thread. As I said, this is old news.

togg

deleted my post...whoosh....

Jazz

Still totally irrelevant, except to the "moral majority" on this thread. As I said, this is old news.
You make it sound like being 'moral' is such a bad thing.
Thankfully, the majority do find screwing your brother's wife despicable.

Adebesi

nah it's not irrelevant...not to the money men trust me, not globally. And that is what it is about now...global and global sponsors.
You say trust you, but nothing is going to happen. So you'll be proved wrong. Trust me.

In terms of sacking him, that is.

Actually scrap that, this won't be proved one way or the other. Mourinho will get the job and Giggs will leave, in, what, 3 week? But that would've happened anyway.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I never even new about Valencia until reading this thread

I've since googled, I love the guy...but wtf what a fecking freakin' weirdo.

Footballers are cnuts.

Or is it really true that money and fame makes you a dick?

Spoony

The People's President

Footballers are cnuts.

I suspect you do that shit all the time, Randall.

Adebesi

I think human nature is fundamentally flawed. Young, bored, super rich men, with lots of female attention, and no opportunity to blow off steam in the usual ways. Sex is something that doesn't undermine their training.

But mainly it's the money and the opportunity. I think many of us, if we had women throwing themselves at us 24/7, might let ourselves down.

Sigma

Footballers are cnuts.

I did a quick search through the thread, couldn't find it. What did he do?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I did a quick search through the thread, couldn't find it. What did he do?
I just googled Antonio Valencia affair

And two ladies came forward to tabloids that he likes to send cock shots back in 2014. Surprised I never saw it mentioned on here or I must have missed it, if it was.

Classy

togg

You say trust you, but nothing is going to happen. So you'll be proved wrong. Trust me.

In terms of sacking him, that is.

Actually scrap that, this won't be proved one way or the other. Mourinho will get the job and Giggs will leave, in, what, 3 week? But that would've happened anyway.
No United wouldn't sack him...they will gently tell him to go (not his choice), 'think of the club'..'think of what you have achieved'..even Fergie might have a word and there were no skeletons in his closet.. He won't want to be sacked, not as a United legend. Then maybe later...years ahead he can come back. It's just so sensible. He's been part of two regimes that have failed, he hasn't got any amazing insight at the moment. We don't see him as management material in a serious sense, we still see him skipping down the wings and scoring the semi final winner against Arsenal in the FA cup. If I was him, I'd say..right..time to go, no matter where I go now single, what flowers I buy to whom, who I'm seen with, that is going to be the story....not United.