Ryan Giggs - 900

Gazza

Never been sent off for United either.
I was thinking on this last week, trying to come up with a red card or even a moment he almost got red-carded, and can think of none. That, as much as anything, is special. Sir Bobby's successor in every (football) way.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
I hope he is "rested" for the Ajax away game, so his 900th game is at Old Trafford.

Can't wait for his 1,000th game :D

Fittingly, his next assist will also be his 900th assist for the club :)

Gazza

anytime we faced Italian teams, you could sense that they feared him the most. Still remember the way he tore Juventus a new one almost every time we played them. I can imagine their frustation having to deal with him this long
I recall really really strong rumours that big Italian clubs wanted Scholes and Giggs around 2000 and were prepared to pay Nedved-esque fees. I think Juventus wanted him at the time they got Nedved, in fact. Inter were really keen on Scholes as I recall.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
I recall really really strong rumours that big Italian clubs wanted Scholes and Giggs around 2000 and were prepared to pay Nedved-esque fees. I think Juventus wanted him at the time they got Nedved, in fact. Inter were really keen on Scholes as I recall.

Giggs to Inter rumors used to pop up all the time.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
900 Games...

That's 81,000 minutes
1,350 hours
56 1/4 days
Which is two months of February...

And all + Fergie Time...

Just imagine how much sex he could have been having in that time....
Word. 81000 minutes! That's like 50000 shags.

Greg

On 899 now. What a ridiculous achievement this will be.

Exactly the word i'd have used.

Ridiculous that a player can play so well at the highest level for that long. Christ, I was in year 5 when he made his debut - i'd just turned 10.

It takes a different breed of player to play for the elite clubs. The pressures relentless - there's no game where you can take a back seat, let your team mates do all the work. Sheringham played into his 40's, but he dropped down divisions, then became a bit part player for West Ham in the Premier League. I can't imagine there was a great deal of pressure on him to perform week in week out.

Hats off to Giggs. It'll be the end of an era for people my age when he stops playing. He's a link to our childhood, someone we talked about in the school playgorund...and who's still playing.

That's just ridiculous.

Laphroaig

To get to 1000 games, he'd have to play for another two full seasons. Can he do it? He probably could if he keeps himself in shape and steers clear of any serious injuries.
Not going to happen unfortunately, but he'll reach 1000 for United+Wales next season.
I was thinking on this last week, trying to come up with a red card or even a moment he almost got red-carded, and can think of none. That, as much as anything, is special. Sir Bobby's successor in every (football) way.
His retribution on Michael Brown should have been more severe.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Stop being so RAWKish in your attitude towards his off-the-field activities for feck sake, you're doing nobody any favours. It's a topic that is obviously going to come up. He fecked up, big time.

It will put a blight on his reputation, but not in the footballing record books.

I still love him and he's been a great servant for United.

Greg

In reference to the post a couple above about ever getting sent off, didn't he end Fashanu's career?

Not with a necessarily bad tackle, but how ironic that a nippy winger - as he was at the time - made a tackle that ultimately finished one of footballs dirtier players.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
Being as selfish as I am, I hope not because I'd be happy to be able to say I was there for his 900th game. Though yes, he probably should play at Old Trafford for his 900th game.
But if he plays vs Ajax at OT then I get to see his 900th game :)

Greg

I shouldn't think he'll be bothered where he plays his 900th game, to be honest. I'd imagine he'd rather play on Thursday given the choice.

It's a milestone, in that I suppose every 100 games is, but soon as he's played his 901st game, his 900th will be irrelevant, if that makes sense.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
He badly needs resting, been great this season and usually keeps running till the 90th, but against Pool he was rubbish and looked absolutely knackered in the second half. He's played too many 90 minutes of late.

jim

In most joy
Incredible footballer

This is always a good youtube video;
You know it was made by a guy on the Caf?

Remember all the criticism he was getting around 2002/2003 and there were rumours flying round that he'd go abroad and then he scored that goal against Juventus, ran to the crowd, turned round and pointed to the name & number on his shirt as if to say "THIS is what you'd be missing, now STFU".

Goal #9 (about 40 seconds in):
I remember watching that goal go in, because five seconds later my dad said "Great, that's another £10m on the transfer fee."

We both thought he was a bit shit.

reddevilcanada

He could play another couple of seasons. I hope Scholesy follows him and goes on to play till 40 too, though he'll need to start doing Yoga I guess.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Ryan Giggs's 141 team-mates at Manchester United since 1991
From Anderson to Dwight Yorke, here are the Manchester United players who have played in the first team with Ryan Giggs

A

Anderson, Ben Amos

B

Phil Bardsley, Fabien Barthez, Russell Beardsmore, Bébé, David Beckham, David Bellion, Dimitar Berbatov, Henning Berg, Clayton Blackmore, Laurent Blanc, Jesper Blomqvist, Mark Bosnich, Wes Brown, Steve Bruce, Nicky Butt

C

Fraizer Campbell, Eric Cantona, Michael Carrick, Chris Casper, Roy Carroll, Luke Chadwick, Michael Clegg, Tom Cleverley, Andy Cole, Larnell Cole, Terry Cooke, Jordi Cruyff, Nick Culkin, John Curtis

D

Simon Davies, Fabio da Silva, Rafael da Silva, David De Gea, Ritchie De Laet, Mame Biram Diouf, Eric Djemba-Djemba, Bojan Djordjic, Mal Donaghy, Dion Dublin

E

Chris Eagles, Richard Eckersley, Jonny Evans, Patrice Evra

F

Rio Ferdinand, Darren Ferguson, Darren Fletcher, Diego Forlán, Quinton Fortune, Ben Foster, Ezekiel Fryers

G

Darron Gibson, Keith Gillespie, Andy Goram, Jonathan Greening

H

Owen Hargreaves, David Healy, Gabriel Heinze, Javier Hernández, Danny Higginbotham, Tim Howard, Mark Hughes

I

Paul Ince, Denis Irwin

J

Ronny Johnsen, Phil Jones

K

Andrei Kanchelskis, Roy Keane, Kleberson, Tomasz Kuszczak

L

Henrik Larsson, Anders Lindegaard

M

Pat McGibbon, Federico Macheda, Lee Martin (90s), Lee Martin (00s), Manucho, David May, Brian McClair, Liam Miller, Philip Mulryne

N

Nani, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Erik Nevland

O

Gabriel Obertan, John O'Kane, John O'Shea, Michael Owen

P

Gary Pallister, Park Ji-sung, Paul Parker, Mike Phelan, Kevin Pilkington, Gerard Piqué, Karel Poborsky, Paul Pogba, Rodrigo Possebon, William Prunier, Danny Pugh

R

Felipe Ricardo, Kieran Richardson, Mark Robins, Bryan Robson, Lee Roche, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Giuseppe Rossi

S

Louis Saha, Peter Schmeichel, Lee Sharpe, Teddy Sheringham, Paul Scholes, Les Sealey, Alan Smith, Mikaël Silvestre, Danny Simpson, Chris Smalling, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Jonathan Spector, Jaap Stam, Michael Stewart

T

Massimo Taibi, Carlos Tevez, Zoran Tosic

V

Antonio Valencia, Raimond van der Gouw, Nemanja Vidic Edwin van der Sar, Ruud van Nilstelrooy, Juan Sebastián Verón,

W

Danny Wallace, Ronnie Wallwork, Gary Walsh, Neil Webb, Danny Welbeck, Ian Wilkinson, Mark Wilson

Y

Dwight Yorke, Ashley Young
Ryan Giggs's 141 team-mates at Manchester United since 1991 | Football | The Guardian

Sorry if posted..

Jonno

Biggest goal of the season so far. From one of our most reliable players. The fitness of this guy is unbelievable! To see him even making the gamble in the box after 90 minutes, many 20 something year olds wouldn't have been fit enough

IrishLegend

One of my friends on Twitter just wrote this and I couldn't agree more:

I've said this a million times before, but how is Giggs not knighted yet? Seriously.

Look at Chris Hoy, knighted immediately after a successful Olympics. Giggs has been successful for 20+ years. Someone explain.

Liam147

On Probation
You just couldn't write it.

He scored the winning goal in 2008 to win the league, levelling Sir Bobby's appearance record, then overtook it by scoring the last penalty in our UCL win, 40 years after the '68 win.

Now he does this.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
What a great way to top of such an achievement!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
To be perfectly honest if he was my brother, I'd let him shag my missus no questions asked.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
To be perfectly honest if he was my brother, I'd let him shag my missus no questions asked.
I'd consider it an honour. I'd even ask the missus to make sure she doesn't bath before I get my next go.