Ryan Giggs charged with assaulting two women...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedViv

They couldn’t wait till the end of season to give this to giggsey!!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Considering Giggs' known history it's disappointing that we still have people jumping to his defense immediately just because of who he was as a player.
I could only imagine the consternation if Rashford was charged with such.

Threesus

I could only imagine the consternation if Rashford was charged with such.
I think I will be sad, to be honest.
For how much of a good pro Giggs was, he seems to be a genuine POS as a human being. I still remember the affair story coming out before our CL final in 2011, and I was very surprised, to say the least.

Wilbursaurus

He means absolutely nothing at all to me anymore. Absolute scum of a bloke. His off field behaviour and who he is as a person has overtaken any recognition I'd give him as a Footballer now. Erased.

Certainly doesn’t sound great at this point, but we should wait to hear the details before we reach full hysteria.

The controlling behaviour sounds like the worst part because it suggest long term abuse, but this could also just be an over zealous cop trying to establish a pattern because the alleged assault itself isn’t enough.

It seems to have taken quite a long time to charge him.
By its nature wouldn’t coercive/controlling charge take longer to gather evidence and therefore charge? It’s not an easy thing to charge someone with even in its most obvious/overt forms, now I’d imagine Giggs is a more subtle type of manipulator.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Certainly doesn’t sound great at this point, but we should wait to hear the details before we reach full hysteria.

The controlling behaviour sounds like the worst part because it suggest long term abuse, but this could also just be an over zealous cop trying to establish a pattern because the alleged assault itself isn’t enough.

It seems to have taken quite a long time to charge him.
The irony in this post. Wait for full story. It might be overzealous cop.

Ok

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Comes off as a complete sociopath, with his nice guy personality which is looking more like a front at this point.

Legend of a player, but a pretty despicable human being, from the Rhodri story alone, let alone assaulting women.

Ladron de redcafe

He's clearly a man of dubious moral character, even before these latest charges. I couldn't care less about his future career and you shouldn't, either. He's made a shedload of money already, and any consequences he may suffer now are all entirely of his own making.
I agree. I'm not sure how or why anyone should be concerned about his future career. He's imperiling it with his own idiocy. And I don't understand the posts sarcastically saying "I'm sure you all live with bibles under your pillows".

These aren't just transgressions we chalk off as mistakes; they're contemptible acts by someone who appears to be a sociopath. We all make mistakes, but we don't have affairs with our siblings' spouses, and we definitely do not physically harm our spouses.

Any sympathy here should go towards the women in this case, and not towards this moron whose managerial position is in doubt because of his own actions.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I agree. I'm not sure how or why anyone should be concerned about his future career. He's imperiling it with his own idiocy. And I don't understand the posts sarcastically saying "I'm sure you all live with bibles under your pillows".

These aren't just transgressions we chalk off as mistakes; they're contemptible acts by someone who appears to be a sociopath. We all make mistakes, but we don't have affairs with our siblings' spouses, and we definitely do not physically harm our spouses.

Any sympathy here should go towards the women in this case, and not towards this moron whose managerial position is in doubt because of his own actions.
Yes to all of this.

It seems there’s a sociopathic element to him of which we might be seeing more evidence soon.

dmode

Shocking... loved him as a player... didn't know anything by his antics... judging only by his face... he seems a good guy but the reality is totally the opposite. Shame on him!

I really hope for him that all this is not true.

Ladron de redcafe

Yes to all of this.

It seems there’s a sociopathic element to him of which we might be seeing more evidence soon.
A little sad, given his stature among fans during his playing career, but it goes to show you that we don't really know the people behind the athletes we watch on television.

This guy was almost universally admired among United fans when he playing here, and only when details of the injunction in 2010 emerged did public perception begin to change. Prior to that, the prevailing opinion among fans that I knew was that Giggs was a low-key type of athlete: a professional whose only interest was football. And people conflated that with being a model human being. As we began to learn more of the details that emerged, I think that his reputation among almost all of the United fans who used to love him, soured. But it's his own doing.

The Siege

There's no way an assault charge gets taken seriously without some iota of proof. And judging by his scumbag behaviour in the past, there's no way he gets the benefit of the doubt.

He goes left, he goes right
Ryan Giggs is a piece of shite

youngrell

By its nature wouldn’t coercive/controlling charge take longer to gather evidence and therefore charge? It’s not an easy thing to charge someone with even in its most obvious/overt forms, now I’d imagine Giggs is a more subtle type of manipulator.
Yes you’re probably right, it would take some investigating for sure.

Tarrou

this is gutting as a Welshman

it would've been great to see us have a good Euros under him

he must have some serious problems if these allegations are true

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Please do not paint me with that brush. That is not even close to what I said in my post.
The post was made to show the lunacy of thinking along the lines of what you discussed.

Trust me that it was not a post that was critical of you or your sentiment. It was in agreement.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The aftermath isn’t great, she’s got a pretty swollen black eye and a long cut down her forehead
For me it's simple enough. Unless the woman self punch herself (which is pretty easy to prove with dna or even simple cctv footage or just check Ryan's hand for proove) i think it's pretty real that giggs is involved and guilty.

You dont get swollen by accident.

EliotTheRed

For me it's simple enough. Unless the woman self punch herself (which is pretty easy to prove with dna or even simple cctv footage or just check Ryan's hand for proove) i think it's pretty real that giggs is involved and guilty.

You dont get swollen by accident.
I know the saying is ‘innocent until proven guilty’ but from the image I’ve seen it looks like a beating.

They’ve be charged him because the CPS have decided there’s enough evidence to take it to court with a possible conviction.

It doesn’t look good for him. If he’s proven to be not-guilty then fair enough, I still think it’ll hard to rebuild his career as I imagine all his past stories will get brought up in the media around the time of the trial too.

Ixion

He seems like an absolute piece of shit of a person. Hopefully we never employ him again.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The irony in this post. Wait for full story. It might be overzealous cop.

Ok
Im not sure that how it works though? Someone correct me if im wrong?

Police send evidence to CPS, and they they look at all the evidence and decide if they have enough evidence to prosecute. So nothing to do with cops really.

BootsyCollins

Its always sad when people you idolize turns out to be scum. Sadly this is not the first thing for him, and i cant think of many players with a bigger gap between the love i had for him watching him play and the despice i have for him watching him beeing a human beeing.

ZupZup

The recent interview with his brother was really interesting... he alludes to the fact that Ryan has been violent toward women but didn’t want to go into the details. He also mentions about their Dad being violent towards their mother.

Crazily, he’d still happily build bridges with Ryan if he reached out to him. Far more forgiving than I’d ever be.

Glaswegian

Some of you lot make it sound like you all sleep with a bible under the pillow.
No, but Giggs probably does.

1 Timothy 2:11-15:

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Drainy

There's no way an assault charge gets taken seriously without some iota of proof. And judging by his scumbag behaviour in the past, there's no way he gets the benefit of the doubt.

He goes left, he goes right
Ryan Giggs is a piece of shite
Very unlikely but does happen sometimes where the CPS think it is in the public interest to pursue the prosecution.

as an example (that I hope doesn't cause the thread to derail) - not saying that Giggs is innocent but in a decent society we should listen to the accusation and weigh up the evidence before coming to a conclusion.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
No, but Giggs probably does.

1 Timothy 2:11-15:

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.
Hahaha.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Ryan is a weird one. Players facing demons tend to throw their career to the shitters ( Maradona, Best, Gazza, Balotelli, Adriano style). Giggs had been an absolute professional with us both in terms of taking care of himself and in terms of how he treated the club. He's an example of how a player should act. Then you have these weird stories coming out.

I think that the guy needs some serious help as there's something not quite right in his head. I also believe that he's being targeted as well. There are many people out there who would love to exploit a rich person and Giggs is an easy prey at this point.

So if I was Ryan I would first get myself sorted then I'd leave the UK for good. He should go somewhere were few people tend to follow football and know his story/weaknesses.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Ryan is a weird one. Players facing demons tend to throw their career to the shitters ( Maradona, Best, Gazza, Balotelli, Adriano style). Giggs had been an absolute professional with us both in terms of taking care of himself and in terms of how he treated the club. He's an example of how a player should act. Then you have these weird stories coming out.

I think that the guy needs some serious help as there's something not quite right in his head. I also believe that he's being targeted as well. There are many people out there who would love to exploit a rich person and Giggs is an easy prey at this point.

So if I was Ryan I would first get myself sorted then I'd leave the UK for good. He should go somewhere were few people tend to follow football and know his story/weaknesses.
You don't have to worry about that :lol:

Chicharo

The best fecking winger at his prime. A legend.
But this really hurts me. I mean he refused to be the captain because he thought it would be a mistake.
I don't even know how I feel right now

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The best fecking winger at his prime. A legend.
But this really hurts me. I mean he refused to be the captain because he thought it would be a mistake.
I don't even know how I feel right now
Why let how he did on the pitch influence you with what he potentially did as a human?

Status
Not open for further replies.