Ryan Giggs. Professional, Legend, Adulterer, Accomplice, Assassin, Usurper?

Betson

So this blackmail 'sex video' she talked about in her testimony turns out to be a ball of smoke.

The defense revealed today the video was of her and her friends dancing. There was no sex tape blackmail , the name of the email was obviously meant in jest.

Under cross examination Greville said she never actually watched the video but assumed it was of a sexual nature. That is just not believable.

She was also very ''unlucky'' to lose two phones the police requested off her during the investigation , one was stolen and other lost in a river while chasing a dog. She also admitted deleting messages before handing over another phone.

Giggs may very well be guilty and if he is then he deserves everything coming to him , but this is not as clear a cut case as the headlines suggest, she is not coming across as a very reliable witness.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
So this blackmail 'sex video' she talked about in her testimony turns out to be a ball of smoke.

The defense revealed today the video was of her and her friends dancing. There was no sex tape blackmail , the name of the email was obviously meant in jest.

Under cross examination Greville said she never actually watched the video but assumed it was of a sexual nature. That is just not believable.

She was also very ''unlucky'' to lose two phones the police requested off her during the investigation , one was stolen and other lost in a river while chasing a dog. She also admitted deleting messages before handing over another phone.

Giggs may very well be guilty and if he is then he deserves everything coming to him , but this is not as clear a cut case as the headlines suggest, she is not coming across as a very reliable witness.
Too late, the Caf has already found him guilty on all counts

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
He's scum, and I hope United fans forget about him as soon as possible.
Labelling people as scum and seeing black and white without looking at the evidence is a very superfiscial outlook to life.

I've read through the evidence and I see shades of grey more than anything in this case. Ryan Giggs has entitled behaviour but I'm not sure he's a terrible character either.

IE the alledged assault, which is the worst crime. The girlfriend illegally stole Giggs phone from him. She won't give it him back so he forcibly tries to remove it from her. Her sister attempts to pull him off the ex-girlfriend. He either elbows or pushes the sister off and comes together with the ex girlfriend either purposefully headbutting or knocking into her. The ex girlfriend has very minor lip swelling without any breakage of skin. It's not a major injury that a full forced headbutt would cause.

Seveneric

Labelling people as scum and seeing black and white without looking at the evidence is a very superfiscial outlook to life.

I've read through the evidence and I see shades of grey more than anything in this case. Ryan Giggs has entitled behaviour but I'm not sure he's a terrible character either.

IE the alledged assault, which is the worst crime. The girlfriend illegally stole Giggs phone from him. She won't give it him back so he forcibly tries to remove it from her. Her sister attempts to pull him off the ex-girlfriend. He either elbows or pushes the sister off and comes together with the ex girlfriend either purposefully headbutting or knocking into her. The ex girlfriend has very minor lip swelling without any breakage of skin. It's not a major injury that a full forced headbutt would cause.
Talking as if this particular case is the only scummy thing he's done.

Whether or not this case turns out to be a load of shit, there's more than enough evidence to show Giggs is a shiteous human being.

AndySmith1990

Whatever the outcome, its clear he's not a particularly pleasant person, and that's putting it mildly. It's very disappointing as he was my favourite player when I was young.

youmeletsfly

Whether or not this case turns out to be a load of shit, there's more than enough evidence to show Giggs is a shiteous human being.
Actually, there isn't. There's speculation he might be a bit of an ass, but not proof.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Actually, there isn't. There's speculation he might be a bit of an ass, but not proof.
He's a serial adulterer and cheated with his brother's wife. That's enough proof for me aside from these alleged instances during the trial which isn't looking good for him so far.

Gavinb33

He's a serial adulterer and cheated with his brother's wife. That's enough proof for me aside from these alleged instances during the trial which isn't looking good for him so far.
I dont think it looks good for either of them really, the phone thing is shades of Jamie Vardy's missus dropping her phone off of a cruise ship.

But Giggs has a chequered history so isn't a white Knight obviously and has issues around women which is known.

fallengt

You are probably right about this particular case but he shagged his brother's wife for 8 years. That's enough to call him a scum

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

100% he’s cheated on pretty much everyone he’s been with by the sounds of things. An entitled and vicious guy when he’s called out on it. I’m glad someone is speaking out on him so he can’t continue to treat women in the same way behind the scenes. As we’ve seen a million times you can be brilliant at your job, loved by millions and still be a total POS. Psychopaths usually excel in whatever field they chose to get involved in because they will stab anyone in the back to get what they need.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I dont think it looks good for either of them really, the phone thing is shades of Jamie Vardy's missus dropping her phone off of a cruise ship.

But Giggs has a chequered history so isn't a white Knight obviously and has issues around women which is known.
It sounds like she did some things in this relationship that were the product of the toxicity surrounding it but there are clear power dynamics in play here that indicate he is a highly manipulative cnut with clear social behavioural issues.

Gavinb33

It sounds like she did some things in this relationship that were the product of the toxicity surrounding it but there are clear power dynamics in play here that indicate he is a highly manipulative cnut with clear social behavioural issues.
I dont disagree for sure, my sister has been through a lot with her soon to be ex husband and i understand how that works for sure in terms of behavior modification and the emotional stress that goes into that.

I think maybe i am sceptical regarding 2 pieces of crucial evidence going missing in somewhat convenient circumstances, this obviously doesn't mean that the loss of the phones didn't happen of course

MoskvaRed

This is a CPS prosecution though so presumably they considered those convenient evidentiary gaps when deciding to press charges (unlike Rebakah Vardy’s civil case where the only obstacle was to determine just how much of her husband‘s money she wanted to set fire to).

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
This is a CPS prosecution though so presumably they considered those convenient evidentiary gaps when deciding to press charges (unlike Rebakah Vardy’s civil case where the only obstacle was to determine just how much of her husband‘s money she wanted to set fire to).
While I wouldnt want Giggs anywhere near any of my female family, the CPS has a long history of prosecuting the rich and famous for publicity, especially if they are not from the upper class establishment.
If this was the regular man on the street, the police would probably have taken a 5 minute statement and filed it in the bin.

Betson

People seem to mixing up morals and illegality , while it is obviously a low thing to an have affair with with your brothers wife and to have multiple affairs while dating your current girlfriend.

But none of that is illegal and to be honest does not bother me a whole lot , if you are looking to professional footballers for moral guidance you really are barking up the wrong tree. I don;t think he is the only sportsman every to have multiple affairs. Including i am sure many of your hero's.

But what he is accused of here in this trial , i.e. violence and coercion is a whole different matter.

A guilty verdict here certainly would have serious repercussions for him and rightly so.

But anyone reading the reports of the case(not the just the headlines) can see that this is not an open and shut case .

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
That makes him an adulterous POS and a crap brother.

But it has utterly nothing to do with the current case.

This is the problem with celebrity culture. It brings out emotional and irrational responses in us on things we know nothing about.

It’s become a warped sort of entertainment in this new dystopian reality we are in.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That makes him an adulterous POS and a crap brother.

But it has utterly nothing to do with the current case.

This is the problem with celebrity culture. It brings out emotional and irrational responses in us on things we know nothing about.

It’s become a warped sort of entertainment in this new dystopian reality we are in.
when did I say it did? The poster said there was no proof he was an ass. Being a serial cheat and cheating with your brothers wife makes you a massive asshole to me.

Chief123

It’s like Giggs decided at the beginning of his career that he’s going to try and be the best footballer in the world and the biggest turd off the field.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
A few excerts:

Kate Greville, 38, denied having “active, regular and very enthusiastic sex” with the former Manchester United star at the time she had a contraceptive coil removed in October 2020.

Greville sent messages to a friend that month saying “I need a plan” and “I am not walking away with nothing”, Manchester crown court was told.

She was questioned by Giggs’s barrister, Chris Daw QC, who said: “Your plan was to get pregnant by Mr Giggs.” Giving evidence from behind a screen, Greville replied: “No, absolutely not.” She said that she had been talking about “walking away” with her golden retriever puppy Mac in the text message.

Betson

A few excerts:

Kate Greville, 38, denied having “active, regular and very enthusiastic sex” with the former Manchester United star at the time she had a contraceptive coil removed in October 2020.

Greville sent messages to a friend that month saying “I need a plan” and “I am not walking away with nothing”, Manchester crown court was told.

She was questioned by Giggs’s barrister, Chris Daw QC, who said: “Your plan was to get pregnant by Mr Giggs.” Giving evidence from behind a screen, Greville replied: “No, absolutely not.” She said that she had been talking about “walking away” with her golden retriever puppy Mac in the text message.

That bit about the dog is laughable.

She has also admitted lying to Giggs about having cancer.

She comes across as a very unreliable witness.

But that does not mean that Giggs is not guilty , she can be an liar and still be abused , but it certainly makes it a difficult case for the jury.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Photographs of Kate’s alleged injuries were shown to the jury and the court was told that two police cars with flashing blue lights were sent to the scene.

“She (Kate) was sat on the floor of the kitchen and very upset,” one of the police officers wrote in a statement that was read to the jury. “I could see straight away she had a swollen top and bottom lip with significant bruising.”

Giggs was taken into the hallway and could be heard on the bodycam footage telling a police officer the couple had been out for a meal and had an argument — “she’s accused me of a couple of things” — and that he’d followed her home where they “got into a little bit of a tangle”.

“I’ve tried to get my phone off her, we struggled on the floor, she kicked me in the head, bust my lip. Then it’s all calmed down,” he says.

Giggs, who stepped down as Wales national manager in June, goes on to say that he went outside to ask his next-door neighbour to call the police.

The neighbour, he says, did not want to get involved. Giggs returned to the house where, according to his account, there had “been a struggle… I’ve hit her on the lip, I got injured first, then it calmed down”.

He is asked whether his then-girlfriend will give the police the same version of events.

“She’s going to say that I’ve attacked her,” he says.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A few excerts:

That's the worst dog related excuse since Harry Redknapp's bank account in his dog's name

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Imagine accusing someone of being manipulative and then admitting to lying to that person about having cancer.