Ryan Sessegnon | Performances

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I
Sign him up. Although his price tag has probably gone up to 50m since January.
If they get automatic promotion, he's not going anywhere for a season at least. Then if he has a good PL season, he'll go for 50m+.

Point is if he goes to Spurs,Utd,Arsenal whoever,he won't play regularly. TBH he's so young, he should be protected from the rigours of constant playing. He'll get booted all over the place

Bwuk

We should sign him up and let Fulham keep him next year on loan, regardless of what division they are in.

Let’s say Sanchez is here say 4 years, Sessegnon would only be 21. Rashford isn’t a LW either, and I reckon sadly Martial will leave in the summer.

Toad

Bale on the left was pretty similar to Sane before he became a goalscorer. Had a much better final ball though.
Just originally thought it was a lazy comparison, given Bale was also a left back at one point pushed forward.

Trizy

Second Championship TOTY for Ryan and he's only 17. Unbelievable.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Do we really need another LW? We'd have to be willing to accept that he's better than both Martial and Rashford to do this, otherwise it's pointlessly going to stifle our two youngsters.
He’s very raw. He needs plenty of experience at a higher level first

luke511

His positioning on the left wing reminds me a lot of Giggs, always in the right place at the right time at the back post waiting to pounce.

meamth

Is he the all rounded left sided player suitable for our team?

He scored a goal again last night. Impressive stuff.

What is his future? Left back or Left Attacker?

M16Red

I see the similarity to Bale in the way he strikes the ball with his left foot when shooting, fantastic technique.

The only similarity with Sane I saw on Saturday was the position they play and how he linked into some slick interplay on the left hand side, similarly to the way City play. He put in a couple of nice crosses too, something which Sane is probably underrated on.

If people are expecting a player as explosive or as fast as Bale and Sane then I think they will be disappointed as he is neither as fast or explosive as either of them.
Yep, when I watched him.. I wasn't up to much then he drop in from the left wing to score from an RW cross. He seems to do that alot. When the ball is on the right he drop into like a forward left position and he's cool in front of goal. Dark horse to make the WC? Maybe with OX out and we are very light on left wingers in fact he's the first good left footed English winger since Giggs.

Last edited:

Classical Mechanic

Yep, when I watched him.. I wasn't up to much then he drop in from the left wing to score from an RW cross. He seems to do that alot. When the ball is on the right he drop into like a forward left position and he's cool in front of goal. Dark horse to make the WC? Maybe with OX out and we are very light on left wingers in fact he's the first good left footed English winger since Giggs.
I have reservations for him with Mourinho tbh. I think he can marked out of the game. He would fare very well under Pep IMO, getting on the end of moves. He has a real poachers instinct from the wing. He is an end product player really.

Bulldogg

In the biggest and highest pressure game of his career he had an absolute stinker. The Kids only 17 he's not ready to be a starter for a CL/PL contender, the people that believe this kid is the solution to our left back problems (even though he hasn't played there for a whole season) are delusional. Nothing wrong with signing him and then loaning him out though.

Last edited:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
In the biggest and highest pressure game of his career he had an absolute stinker. The Kids only 17 he's not ready to be a starter for a CL/PL contender, the people that believe this is kid is the solution to our left back problems (even though he hasn't played there for a whole season) are delusional. Nothing wrong with signing him and then loaning him out though.
This, do I think he could do well in a lower table prem team, absolutely. But not what we need to take us to the next level, to compete for the CL and Prem title. He could mature into that in the next 5-6 years but he needs game time and experience. How much would he get here? And even if he got time one bad game and the boo boys would be out calling for the kids head.

I would like to see him do another season at Fullham personally. Then maybe step up to a team like Arsenal or Spurs and see how he performs at that level.

Classical Mechanic

Quiet game for him tonight but still got a goal and the assist from the corner for Fulham’s winning goal. Lot of pressure on him tonight with the media talking him up as being Fulham’s big hope for promotion.

Red Star One

17-year-old, pretty much single handedly (well, a goal and an assist won it) winning his team a Premier League promotion in a play-off, not quite bad.

Nick7

In the biggest and highest pressure game of his career he had an absolute stinker. The Kids only 17 he's not ready to be a starter for a CL/PL contender, the people that believe this kid is the solution to our left back problems (even though he hasn't played there for a whole season) are delusional. Nothing wrong with signing him and then loaning him out though.
This, do I think he could do well in a lower table prem team, absolutely. But not what we need to take us to the next level, to compete for the CL and Prem title. He could mature into that in the next 5-6 years but he needs game time and experience. How much would he get here? And even if he got time one bad game and the boo boys would be out calling for the kids head.

I would like to see him do another season at Fullham personally. Then maybe step up to a team like Arsenal or Spurs and see how he performs at that level.
So these posts went well.

el3mel

His talent is unquestionable. It'll be pretty bad to see him go to another top team. We should buy then loan him for one or 2 years.

Bwuk

We should buy him and give him back to Fulham for another season.

Morpheus 7

People go on about loaning him out, that young boy could rip teams apart in the premier league next year. He's the type of player I would love us to get. Energetic, unreal skill and can beat a man. He's a brave player with goals in him, be a nightmare to mark. He's way too exciting for Jose though. He would rather buy an 8ft 40 year old.

lysglimt

Scout
People go on about loaning him out, that young boy could rip teams apart in the premier league next year. He's the type of player I would love us to get. Energetic, unreal skill and can beat a man. He's a brave player with goals in him, be a nightmare to mark. He's way too exciting for Jose though. He would rather buy an 8ft 40 year old.
He is not good enough yet. Yes, on his day he can terrorize teams - but in every match I have seen this year, he has long periods in each game where he has been virtually invicible. He should stay with Fulham one more season.

And no offence to Derby, but thank God that they didn't get promoted. Such an uninspiring and aging side would have had zero chance in the P.L. At They have been outplayed over 2x90 minutes against Fulham - and just haven't got the quality for the P.L

Walters_19_MuFc

So mature for his age. Doesn't do too much. Seems to have good decision making. Wasn't really in the game, both today and in the first leg, but scored a crucial goal when it counted. Sign of a top player.

Josep Dowling

He’s the type of player I know Sir Alex would have tried to sign. Unfortunately our last 3 managers don’t think anything like him.

serxyo

I think he has played 48 games and this stats don’t mean much... of course it’s great for a 17 y/o player, but let him develop.

Bulldogg

So these posts went well.
Bit of a wanker post mate. You didn't get the point.... the point is are we really willing to spend a big chunk on a 17yo that plays left wing (we have plenty of players who can play there) and play him at left back where he hasn't played in a year. The Birmingham game proves how hot and cold young players are and he was also not the great in the first half today and in the first leg against Derby. I'd rather use the Sessegnon money on a proven player like Alex Sandro unless we have 300million plus to spend then buy everyone i guess....

I don't think we're in a position to make luxury signings we have certain positions that we really need to address with signing proven ready made quality players.

SambaBoy

Would love to have a left footed winger playing on the wing and this lad ticks all the boxes. Pacey, decent dribbler, excellent off the ball movement and can finish. Plus he's young and English, so who knows how much he could further develop.

Problem is, we have plenty of options for the LM spot and it will affect playing time for Rashford/Martial even further. We have seen the impact of Sanchez coming, which will probably mean the exit of Martial. I don't think Sessegnon would go 2nd on the pecking order were he to sign, most likely we could agree a loan but at one point he would have to return and Martial/Rashford would still be there if they are to fulfill their potential so we would still have 3 LM's for one position unless Martial/Rashford revert to striker which would depend on the manager at the time.

Sessegnon isn't as effective at LB so I wouldn't really consider him for that role.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We should be after him, under Fergie we signed the best British talent and helped create a strong identity at the club (like German players going towards Bayern).
Just not sure we need him right now. He's not good enough to be a LB yet, he's pretty limited as a LW from what I have seen.

He won't play over Martial/Rashford/Sanchez on the left, he can't play anywhere else?. Unless we loan him he will just not play/develop. Good potential but not the right player for us ATM.

Chong looks just as good anyway.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Just not sure we need him right now. He's not good enough to be a LB yet, he's pretty limited as a LW from what I have seen.

He won't play over Martial/Rashford/Sanchez on the left, he can't play anywhere else?. Unless we loan him he will just not play/develop. Good potential but not the right player for us ATM.

Chong looks just as good anyway.
He's 17 so is adaptable, given inverse wingers are the vogue right now, could easily see him on the right flank.