Ryan Sessegnon

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
When Tottenham and the like sign young players and then turn into stars later

'Why don't we ever buy players before they become stars, we always get ripped off'

When United is linked to young talent

'How's he going to help us right now? We need first choice stars'

Logic.
Drives me mental.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Exactly the type of player we should be after.

We'll need at least another £10m on that bid though. Fulham aren't selling for that.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We are trying to close the gap to City.
I don't see how a kid helps us.
Probably helps us when we don't have to pay £70m to bring him over here in three years. We also need two full backs as we don't really have anybody on the left flank that could be a long term solution (unless Shaw picks up but the hopes are fading slowly).

red thru&thru

'Why don't we ever buy players before they become stars, we always get ripped off'

Logic.
Very true.

Womp

idiot
Assuming one of, or both of Blind or Darmian leave in Jan or in the summer (which is looking extremely likely) It'd make sense to bring in a top prospect like Sessengon as well as Sandro.

Ashley R1+O

In terms of Left back I would prefer an experienced statesman to bridge Shaw into the first team. Give a player who is fully developed the carrot treatment and dangle him in front of Shaw who in my opinion probably requires a couple of seasons of growth.

The Fullback situations have been quite critical this season though, so more natural fullbacks will be welcomed imo.

Hed Zitin

I've watched him a fair few times and the cafe won't rate him. He's too inconsistent. Still a kid learning. Kids don't get time anymore.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd just be surprised to see a 17 year old as a starter under Mourinho, he's pretty well developed physically for his age though, isn't he?
His physical development has been on point and has helped him enormously against some brutish sides.

criticalanalysis

Jose's kid is at Fulham academy so I reckon he knows just how good this kid is. Also worth mentioning that his twin brother is also a cracking prospect and plays at RB for Fulham academy.
The Nevilles, the Brazillian twins..and now the Sessegnon twins?

WOODY SIGN THEM UP. Can never have enough full back brothers at Utd.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Yeah, can never complain about a signing like this. Might be the perfect understudy to Young and can compete with Luke Shaw for that LB position. I just don’t see it happening in January unless we loan back.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Logic.
Good post. It’s these sort of moves that feel like “United signings” to me.

Seven Seas Sardines

Yeah, can never complain about a signing like this. Might be the perfect understudy to Young and can compete with Luke Shaw for that LB position. I just don’t see it happening in January unless we loan back.
Yeah, cos Manchester United couldn't nick a left-back from Fulham mid-season.. :houllier:

Seriously though, I'm all for Sessegnon in January, then see how Shaw progress during the season before making a decision on his future and whether to move for someone like Sandro.

If the chairman of Fulham is Levy-like, just get him signed up to join in the Summer. We unfortunately need to follow City's model of buying shitloads of highly rated youngsters to fight it out. I just knew we were in trouble when they got Sane, Jesus and Marlos Moreno all in a short space of time.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Yeah, cos Manchester United couldn't nick a left-back from Fulham mid-season.. :houllier:

Seriously though, I'm all for Sessegnon in January, then see how Shaw progress during the season before making a decision on his future and whether to move for someone like Sandro.

If the chairman of Fulham is Levy-like, just get him signed up to join in the Summer. We unfortunately need to follow City's model of buying shitloads of highly rated youngsters to fight it out. I just knew we were in trouble when they got Sane, Jesus and Marlos Moreno all in a short space of time.
You misunderstand, it’s not that we couldn’t get him. It’s just he’d get near zero game time ahead of Young, even Shaw is only just starting to get games. There’s no point doing it in January when he can get 90 minutes everyweek guaranteed. What do we gain from him rotting for us when he could be out on loan.

Last edited:

Alabaster Codify7

My issue with this signing, is that as promising as Sessegnon looks, he won't solve our LB issues for a few years. So it's gonna be the same shite options rotating at LB until he's stamped down his place in the starting 11.

Judas

Open to offers
I think he’d end up having an impact on the first time a lot quicker than people in here think.

I see why people are concerned, but we have to look beyond the present, and build for the future too.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
17... feck me I feel old as feck!

AP88

Supports
Man City
Sessgnon will surely develop into a winger, meaning he could pair up with Shaw rather than replace him.

Good long-term investment who could be useful now

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Sessgnon will surely develop into a winger, meaning he could pair up with Shaw rather than replace him.

Good long-term investment who could be useful now
This is what I was thinking. But can play wing back if we needed to play that system.

northender

Supports
Preston North End
Have seen him play vs Preston a few times, and he's utterly outstanding for his age.

Plays on the wing a bit more for Fulham at the moment, but he'd probably be better at left back for United than the current musical chairs process in that position.

He's top class.

Jaybomb

Does this mean we won’t sign Alex Sandro?

I think that would be a mistake. We need a proven top class LB. Not another prospect. Especially in defence.

Acole9

Outstanding
Nice to see all the transfer talk clichés coming out like "Preparing a bid". I'm sure we'll be hearing/reading about the "Warchest" and being "Relaxed about the situation" soon enough.

Robbie Boy

Definitely see his future as a LB though he's been brilliant when player further forward.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He is a very exciting young talent - I've no doubt every club in the Premiership would be after him.

OverratedOpinion

Nice to see all the transfer talk clichés coming out like "Preparing a bid". I'm sure we'll be hearing/reading about the "Warchest" and being "Relaxed about the situation" soon enough.
It is one of the more amusing tropes the lazy journos bring out this time of the year. As if calling up a director and saying "oi how about 25 million" requires some type of souffle like preparation.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Should move to a Watford or Southampton first.

Fulham put in a big sell on clause so they can still get their money later on down the line like Southampton did with Bale.

Ekeke

Hope its nonsense. He's had 1 game where he scored a hatrick from left wing and then in 2 other games in that position he has an assist and another goal. But thats 3 games in the championship. He's also had 2 games as a forward on the left with no results and as a leftback he's been average.

Yes he's very young and had 1 outstanding game in the championship. That shouldnt instantly make someone who, if you took that one performance out, would quite an average performer a £25 million player.

Januzaj, Macheda and Wilson had early impacts in the first team in the premier league which is much harder. Are they £25 million players too?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Hope its nonsense. He's had 1 game where he scored a hatrick from left wing and then in 2 other games in that position he has an assist and another goal. But thats 3 games in the championship. He's also had 2 games as a forward on the left with no results and as a leftback he's been average.

Yes he's very young and had 1 outstanding game in the championship. That shouldnt instantly make someone who, if you took that one performance out, would quite an average performer a £25 million player.

Januzaj, Macheda and Wilson had early impacts in the first team in the premier league which is much harder. Are they £25 million players too?
I would assume that we want him because of his talent. Not because of what what he has performed so far. Furthermore, considering Jose Mourinho know the kid well, we might also have information about his personality.

I remembering hearing talks of the twins long before Ryan started playing in Championship so I would assume he is a speical talent.

Classical Mechanic

He has 11 goals and 5 assists in 53 games for Fulham despite playing most of them at LB. he made The Championship team of the season last year and the U19 Euros team of the tournament. He doesn’t turn 18 until the end of the season. He is one of the best about for his age.

It seem that you know nothing about him but have looked at his whoscored stats for the season.

Last edited:

Ekeke

He has 11 goals and 5 assists in 53 games for Fulham despite playing most of them at LB. he made The Championship team of the season last year and the U19 Euros team of the tournament. He doesn’t turn 18 until the end of the season. He is one of the best about for his age.

It seem that you know nothing about him but have looked at his whoscored stats for the season.
In the championship. Yes I'm sure he's one of the best in his age group in the country in left sided positions, that doesnt make him a £25 million player. Thomas Ince was the same when he was younger. I'm well aware of what he did before this season, which was the same level as this one. And again its one superb standout game with a hat trick. You take that one match out and he's just another good young player.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
In the championship. Yes I'm sure he's one of the best in his age group in the country in left sided positions, that doesnt make him a £25 million player. Thomas Ince was the same when he was younger. I'm well aware of what he did before this season, which was the same level as this one. And again its one superb standout game with a hat trick. You take that one match out and he's just another good young player.
Ince was nowhere near that level at 16 and was always inconsistent in the Championship.

Sessegnon is streets ahead of him as a prospect.

United Pro

No he wasn't. He wasn't playing senior football at 17 let alone making Championship team of the year. He wasn't playing up age groups for the national team or even a big player for his own age groups.
Tbf Shaw was in the premier league team of the year at 18 and he's still yet to fulfil his potential at 22. Then again, I'm all for this season as long as we bring in a first choice LB along with Sessegnon.