Ryan Sessegnon

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Nice to see all the transfer talk clichés coming out like "Preparing a bid". I'm sure we'll be hearing/reading about the "Warchest" and being "Relaxed about the situation" soon enough.
We're so far behind other clubs that we have a team of women in their knickers counting notes in the basement, no wonder it takes us so long to place bids.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Nice to see all the transfer talk clichés coming out like "Preparing a bid". I'm sure we'll be hearing/reading about the "Warchest" and being "Relaxed about the situation" soon enough.
I hope he doesn't "rock Old Trafford" by preferring to sign for one of our rivals.

Tarrou

I'd happy if we went the buy/loan promising young talents route. Better than letting him go to a middling club like Spurs and be held to ransom in a few years.

Classical Mechanic

In the championship. Yes I'm sure he's one of the best in his age group in the country in left sided positions, that doesnt make him a £25 million player. Thomas Ince was the same when he was younger. I'm well aware of what he did before this season, which was the same level as this one. And again its one superb standout game with a hat trick. You take that one match out and he's just another good young player.
He already has more England youth caps than Ince won by the age of 23. That is coming through the best England 17 - 19 age group in history too. He is part of the England's 2000 side that are World champions but he was considered too good to play in the World Cup at that level and went to the U19 Euros instead. England won that tournament too and he made team of the tournament only just having turned 17. He just isn't comparable to Ince at the same age who was a bit part player in far far weaker England set up.

Is he better than Celtic's Tierney?
As a goalscoring wide forward definitely, as a LB probably not. Worth remembering that Tierney is three years older too.

TinFoil

Tierney plays in a pub league

Him being in that UEFA team is a farce.

Acole9

Outstanding

Devil may care

Are there a lot of Fulham watchers posting in here? I don't think I've ever seen the lad play a full game, but maybe he's a unique Dele Alli like talent that can step up at an unusually young age, I don't know but I figure our scouting department must have been very impressed if we really are willing to pay £25M as he's not going into the reserves for that fee.

Mcking

25m is a ridiculous price, should be between 10m-15m or even less. I guess the price is usually tripled when it's us.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Got to laugh at some of the logic here

"he's young so sign him"
"25mil is peanuts"
"sign him and sandro"

From what I can see, LB is no priority for us as Shaw is getting game time, he's good enough.

So there - I've saved us 100million as we don't actually need sandro or this kid.

At this point, sessegnon is raw, young, unproven and one for the future - we already have that with Mitchell.

Too much money on a 17yr old, and a position we are not desperate for right now.

What about our lack of depth in midfield or the fact we have NO natural RW?
Hasn't been so far

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Remember the days when £25m got you the best player in the league?

Now it gets you a young player with "Promise"

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
This is going to sound bitter and spoiled but look at what city has done. Need a right back? Go get one of the best in the league, same with depth. We always laughed at them for the age of their last title winning team and they just went out and got first team ready players.

That's what we need to be doing more of.

Saying all that if this kid is ready to be a contributor now then make it happen.

Oldyella

This is going to sound bitter and spoiled but look at what city has done. Need a right back? Go get one of the best in the league, same with depth. We always laughed at them for the age of their last title winning team and they just went out and got first team ready players.

That's what we need to be doing more of.

Saying all that if this kid is ready to be a contributor now then make it happen.
They literally have a bottomless pit though, we have to be a lot smarter with how we spend our funds. I am all for this signing, think he would be a tidy purchase.

Thecarrickfan_2016

I don't understand some of the moaning about him, If he goes to another club, Some of you will be like - ''Why didn't we sign him'' I agree that the fee is a bit over the top, But that's today's market for you.

red thru&thru

I don't understand some of the moaning about him, If he goes to another club, Some of you will be like - ''Why didn't we sign him'' I agree that the fee is a bit over the top, But that's today's market for you.
When he becomes a success, it’ll be the sae people who are moaning now, asking why we don’t putchase such talent before they “make it”.

Toad

It’s barely anything price wise, bizarre people are complaining, but then this is the caf.
Even if he is rotation or just sparodic (yes, that’s FIFA talk) then definitely worth it for £25m considering he is so highly rated.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Even if he is rotation or just sparodic (yes, that’s FIFA talk) then definitely worth it for £25m considering he is so highly rated.
That’s not even FIFA talk. The word is sporadic. Yes I’m a pretentious cnut.

Agreed though.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
A teenage left back sensation who might potentially be World Class. Hmm..where have I heard that before?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He isn't much of a left back, though, is he? If we do sign him, I imagine he'll progress into a winger.

James Peril

Got to laugh at some of the logic here

"he's young so sign him"
"25mil is peanuts"
"sign him and sandro"

From what I can see, LB is no priority for us as Shaw is getting game time, he's good enough.

So there - I've saved us 100million as we don't actually need sandro or this kid.

At this point, sessegnon is raw, young, unproven and one for the future - we already have that with Mitchell.

Too much money on a 17yr old, and a position we are not desperate for right now.

What about our lack of depth in midfield or the fact we have NO natural RW?
A bit tired of this, «we already have that with Mitchell». Like every young talent have the same exact chance of developing the same way? Mitchell has not shown anything, same with McTominay. They are young and part of our reserves, does not mean much - we need the talents that are showing the same signs as the best in the world.

If our scouts see a future Roberto Carlos, then we buy him.

Judas

Open to offers
Knew it wouldn't be long till the overrating of our youth team products happened in here, always happens, it's so funny. Comparing Mitchell and Sessengnon is night and day.

So baffled as to people thinking we're not in desperate need in that position? What team are they watching. Shaw plays a game or two, and now he's good enough and the answer to our problems? He's not, and if he is, he's not proven it so far. He's just as much of an unknown quantity as the youth team player in many ways, except he's got a few years on them.

PoTMS

25m is a ridiculous price, should be between 10m-15m or even less. I guess the price is usually tripled when it's us.
No, he’s England’s best youth player by far, alongside Foden. £25m is about par nowadays, especially considering we spent more on Shaw before the transfer market went crazy, albeit the latter had more PL experience when we signed him. But quality wise, Sessegnon could become the next Bale and has a much higher ceiling than Shaw.

Ekeke

Yes some and some. Different people. Its almost as if theres more than 1 person posting here

Ekeke

No, he’s England’s best youth player by far, alongside Foden. £25m is about par nowadays, especially considering we spent more on Shaw before the transfer market went crazy, albeit the latter had more PL experience when we signed him. But quality wise, Sessegnon could become the next Bale and has a much higher ceiling than Shaw.
Similar was thought of Shaw at the time, who had been in the premier league team of the season at a young age.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's a lot of money but why would Fulham sell if they can't sign half a decent player for the fee? Then there's the added premium as he's English.

Ekeke

It's a lot of money but why would Fulham sell if they can't sign half a decent player for the fee? Then there's the added premium as he's English.
Because they're mid table in the championship and can get someone just as good with more experience for a small fee

deafepl

I'm not sure about Foden, after watching him in last two games for the senior City, I don't think he's that good as the media make it out as if he's special cos there's nothing special about him and he seems average. Díaz is better than Foden now, he is City's best youth player.

Mcking

Shaw was an established premier league LB; Sessegnon is an established championship LB. We overpaid for Shaw anyway.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Pretty soon he will have "Said goodbye to all his teammates at the training ground" ahead of his move
:nono: I believe the correct phrase is "He's said his goodbyes to his teammates in the dressing room / training ground*"

*Delete as applicable

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Because they're mid table in the championship and can get someone just as good with more experience for a small fee
I doubt they see it that way, having one of the brightest prospects in the English game on their hands.

As for him not being what we need because he won't immediately bridge the gap w City, I think that's a bit short-term way of seeing things. Yes, we need to buy quality for our first team as soon as we can. But if we can get one of the most promising youngsters before our rivals, then it is a no brainer IMV.

Given that we've got a high sell-on % in the Zaha deal, and that he's likely to leave in Jan/summer, that might go most of the way to pay for Sessegnon.

Do people now no longer want to buy the most promising youngsters?

Camilo

Do people now no longer want to buy the most promising youngsters?
Unless they're ready to start for us, what's the point? We stall their development, we restrict their playing time.. Other teams do the development, the top teams buy the finished product. It's the way it has to be these days.