Sadio Mané

Mané

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis.no.9

I cant get behind this considering he goes away mid season to the african comp.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Reportedly wasn't interested in carrying on negotiations for Kroos, wasn't interested in Fabregas and more recently Otamendi. Don't get me wrong, he's signed some great players, but we still need a couple more in this window I'd say.
That seems fair enough... Afterall SAF didn't pursue zidane because he couldn't figure out where to play him
Similarly lvg seems to like more robust central midfielders (Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin and blind last season) and prefers a striker in the 10 role rather than a midfielder... So great players though kroos and fabregas are they don't seem to fit his philosophy.
Mane would I suppose fit his philosophy but so would Pedro, griezman or Bale so it's hard not to be a little underwhelmed at the mane links... But perhaps he sees talent he can mould?

Michael T

I'm a little wary of signing players that leave every second year to play in the Africa Cup of Nations. January is just when the going gets tough in the Premier League, and it means a risk that a player's mind can be elsewhere prior to going because they don't want to risk getting injured, and/or knackered or carrying an injury when they return.

RedorDead21

I totally agree, effort and persistence has never been questioned.. I think he basically just got 'found out' so to speak. The oppositions left back has him in his pocket most games.
I expected alot of fans saying Best and Valancia in the same sentence blah blah. Basically this club can base its success on lads like valencia. Fletcher also comes to mind. Neutrals may ridicule but as fans of our club we should appreciate an honest player who I think cares more when he gets home than some of the stars we assume carry us to every trophy!

Lewis.no.9

I'm a little wary of signing players that leave every second year to play in the Africa Cup of Nations. January is just when the going gets tough in the Premier League, and it means a risk that their minds can be elsewhere prior to going because they don't want to risk getting injured, and/or knackered or carrying an injury when they return.
Totally in the same boat. There is a reason we have so far avoided these players. We should keep avoiding them.

Siorac

I'm a little wary of signing players that leave every second year to play in the Africa Cup of Nations. January is just when the going gets tough in the Premier League, and it means a risk that their minds can be elsewhere prior to going because they don't want to risk getting injured, and/or knackered or carrying an injury when they return.
Actually, not a lot of league games are played in January, with the 3rd and 4th round of the FA Cup.

I dislike every international competition, by the way, I'm just saying that the impact of the ACN is often overstated.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
That seems fair enough... Afterall SAF didn't pursue zidane because he couldn't figure out where to play him
Similarly lvg seems to like more robust central midfielders (Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin and blind last season) and prefers a striker in the 10 role rather than a midfielder... So great players though kroos and fabregas are they don't seem to fit his philosophy.
Mane would I suppose fit his philosophy but so would Pedro, griezman or Bale so it's hard not to be a little underwhelmed at the mane links... But perhaps he sees talent he can mould?
He is only 23 so that's definitely a possibility. I'd quite like another proven talent in our line up too to bring stability.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He is only 23 so that's definitely a possibility. I'd quite like another proven talent in our line up too to bring stability.
All depends on availability. I don't think we averse to throwing up to £100m on either Muller or Bale, however, neither are likely to be sold.

Mane would actually be a very decent buy. 23 years old and fits the profile we're looking for on the RW.

Loublaze

ATLien
Five years younger than Pedro. He wouldn't be an elite signing but I see him and Depay terrorizing defences with their speed and skill.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Honestly haven't seen enough of him to judge, but I do trust the boss.

Also bonus points because he has a cool name.

Rich_H_1989

lost in a street fight to van gaal
So... If Southampton are saying they won't sell him why exactly did we allow it to release that we had bid for him? There's a reason behind that.

RedorDead21

Five years younger than Pedro. He wouldn't be an elite signing but I see him and Depay terrorizing defences with their speed and skill.
Zidane joined Madrid at 29? there wasnt a player 5 years younger as good at that time?

Rich_H_1989

I don't know why people are so against this signing? He's young, exciting and whenever I've seen him he's a threat. OK he's inconsistent but can anyone honestly tell me Januzaj and Memphis are consistent? They are young players so that's going to happen.

Adcuth

Lets lay this out then. I'm not totally clued up on Mane. He's quick no doubt, seems like he can finish, but is he an out and out winger or what? Can he play as a 10? a striker? More importantly, what impact could he have on our side, or is this like when you search for a rapid striker on FM regardless of the rest of his attributes.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

His first match of the season.

Personally, I think he's fantastic player.
The feck Colback was doing in that :lol:

fecking hell, had no idea he was that pacey. I knew he was fast but that was the scary level of pace. Good ball control too. A touch on the greedy side perhaps but you can put that down to just being ambitious sometimes.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Has pace? Check.

Guys, I think he'd be a brilliant signing for us.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I have decided that I would be delighted if we sign him. Gives us options.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
According to the journos who follow So'ton, No bid has been made neither an enquiry. This has come as a surprise to them aswel.

Often we here about smoke screens at this time of the year. Normally I laugh at the suggestion but this story seems to be falsely briefed to the press by us for a purpose. I could be wrong but reading what the Southampton Journos have said it's making more and more sense.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
According to the journos who follow So'ton, No bid has been made neither an enquiry. This has come as a surprise to them aswel.

Often we here about smoke screens at this time of the year. Normally I laugh at the suggestion but this story seems to be falsely briefed to the press by us for a purpose. I could be wrong but reading what the Southampton Journos have said it's making more and more sense.
I reckon it's just to try and make it look like we're still looking for a player (which we probably are) to try and nullify the disappointment of not getting Pedro.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Do you rate him?
Yeah I think he's a good player and he won me over last season after I initially had doubts over his ability and temperament to make it in the league. Good squad option for a top four side although I'd say a club like Southampton is probably his level if he wants to be a key player.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

Get Mane's head turned before United make an official move?

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
I reckon it's just to try and make it look like we're still looking for a player (which we probably are) to try and nullify the disappointment of not getting Pedro.
Yes. Classic PR. Diversion and maintain momentum through misdirection.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It's quite funny, if true.

But then who's next, when it's revealed that we're not in for him?

Think we need a poll with all potential targets.

Joey Barton, anyone?

Rich_H_1989

Who knows... It's come out of the blue and I'm pretty sure nobody was expecting it.

At the end of the day if we want him then I'm sure we'll get him. If we can't convince a player to request a transfer to us then we have problems.

Plus get agent Schneiderlin on the case.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah I think he's a good player and he won me over last season after I initially had doubts over his ability and temperament to make it in the league. Good squad option for a top four side although I'd say a club like Southampton is probably his level if he wants to be a key player.
Thanks, he seems talented.

lilcurt

I think this is a smokescreen by the club to try and deflect criticism from the Pedro feck up.

I seriously think we have missed our major targets this summer in Pedro, Ramos and Otemendi.

I'm worried.

Loublaze

ATLien
Zidane joined Madrid at 29? there wasnt a player 5 years younger as good at that time?
Pedro is hardly Zidane now is he? Im just trying to look at the plus side of things. If Mane turns out to be a good signing we'll have him for years to come. I don't think this transfer will happen for what its worth

Status
Not open for further replies.