Scout
Mufc: We need to bid for Kane
Secretary: ok ill type it out
(puts M instead of K)
Secretary: ok bid submitted
Mufc: Great.

2 weeks later...
MUFC: Thanks for signi... Oh shit.
Bane: When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die.
MUFC: We really need to replace that new secretary of ours.
Secretary: lol

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sky's breaking yellow band is laughable how the hell do they get informed that we're considering making an approach? How is that even news?

Rich_H_1989

lost in a street fight to van gaal
Ooh wow... I thought this was just a thread created by someone who likes him. But no no there's actually been a bid made.

He's a good player, he's pacey and a handful but he's inconsistent!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Well being completely honest here - did not see this coming, assuming this is true of course. I've only really watched one game of Soton when they didn't play us and that coincidently was the game where he scored the fastest hatrick in PL. Must have been in TV for me to watch it.

Clearly he'd be a downgrade on Pedro. No point beating around the bush. I know I haven't watched him a lot but I seriously doubt he's Pedro's level.

He definitely has some pace and I do remember that he made some glorious chances for Pelle.
I'd feel sorry for Southampton if we raid them again.

If we do get him I'd have to keep my opinion to myself for a while - could be a shrewd one.

Needless to say, it's a very interesting leak.
You're not wrong, he's a big downgrade on Pedro.

He certainly has enough talent to play for a top club eventually if he keeps progressing but as is he's a very inconsistent player. Don't think he's ready for the step up.

Raw

10 goals and 4 assists in 2132 minutes in the league. About a goal/assist every 152 minutes, though the 3 minute hat-trick vs Villa does skew that a little.

Sid234

Good cover for out wide and the striker position, searing pace.
As a package you could argue he's a better option than Pedro
It would tie into the rumour that alternative transfer targets have become available allowing LVG to halt the persuit of Pedro
I don't think Mane can be categorized as a player who we couldn't have signed if we wanted.

How has he started this season? Maybe we were waiting to see how he started the season off?

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Please not, watched him already when he was still in Austria. Decent player, but really not United level-quality. Tottenham or Pool can have him in the next few windows.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Well he has only just turned 23 and got 10 PL goals last season which was hist first in a big league, so he could well fit your future star criteria. I'm bemused as anyone at this sudden story and I don't like the fact he's Senegalese (thought he was Dutch) but who knows, he would certainly add some much need pace to our attack.
Yeah I guess. 10 goals for his first season and with Southampton isn't bad at all looking at it. Will be underwhelming but there's no denying his pace and dribbling ability. It's just his end product which could use a lot of work (but as you say, is young still and he scored 10 goals in his first year). Maybe we're wrong about him and he does have big potential, who knows.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
You're not wrong, he's a big downgrade on Pedro.

He certainly has enough talent to play for a top club eventually if he keeps progressing but as is he's a very inconsistent player. Don't think he's ready for the step up.
Exactly. Why would we need inconsistent player when we have by Van Gaal's definition at least three of them now in the team. (Pereira, Lingard, Adnan)

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
10 goals and 4 assists in 2132 minutes in the league. About a goal/assist every 152 minutes, though the 3 minute hat-trick vs Villa does skew that a little.
Maybe the 3 minute hattrick is a potential glimpse at his future ability. We'd be unstoppable with a goal a minute striker

Sylar

Sky's breaking yellow band is laughable how the hell do they get informed that we're considering making an approach? How is that even news?
Im telling people, sky sources are twitter. Thats why they "break" news after everybody else.

Riz

MUFC: Mr. Rooney how can we help?
Rooney: Errrm you sent me an email wanting to sign me, I thought i was errm already playing for yous.
MUFC: An email saying what?
Rooney: Clearly says we're interested in signing Wane. Thats errm me.
MUFC: That fecking secretary.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Exactly. Why would we need inconsistent player when we have by Van Gaal's definition at least three of them now in the team. (Pereira, Lingard, Adnan)
Because between the 4 of them, any 2 are likely to be consistent at any given time... Maths innit.

starman

Hes decent, but hes going to cost about 25m, not a player we should be looking for to go straight in the first team. Had we bought him from Salzburg for 11m, and looked to develop him, than fine. But at the moment i am considering this to be gutter tabloid news at the same level as the Biglia stories

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Dr. Suli lol is secretary at MUFC now?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
MUFC: Mr. Rooney how can we help?
Rooney: Errrm you sent me an email wanting to sign me, I thought i was errm already playing for yous.
MUFC: An email saying what?
Rooney: Clearly says we're interested in signing Wane. Thats errm me.
MUFC: That fecking secretary.
Three days later.

MUFC: Oh ffs what is it Wayne?
Rooney: errrm you told me to go on holiday, just popping in to say I'll be back in two weeks.
MUFC: What are you on about?
Rooney: you sent me an email that said the name of a country, so I thought you meant I could go there.
MUFC: ...what did the email say?
Rooney: Spane.
MUFC: ........I.........feck it.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
He's already ours according to Wikipedia :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.