Sadio Mané

Mané

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riz

Three days later.

MUFC: Oh ffs what is it Wayne?
Rooney: errrm you told me to go on holiday, just popping in to say I'll be back in two weeks.
MUFC: What are you on about?
Rooney: you sent me an email that said the name of a country, so I thought you meant I could go there.
MUFC: ...what did the email say?
Rooney: Spane.
MUFC: ........I.........feck it.
:lol: We better stop they're only gunna get worse.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I don't think he ever plays on the right so I have no idea where he fits. Pedro was so much better.
He's pretty flexible. Here's the stats in the 6:1 win over Aston Villa, where he apparently started on LW, yet you see he got a lot of touches on the right:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszon...r-stats/110979/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

and he started as #10 in 3:0 loss against Everton a few days ago:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszon...r-stats/110979/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Well, this will be the end game. Mané or packing it in. This is our deadline transfer saga this year. Let's savour the flavour.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
The reaction of this thread :lol:

LVG obviously spotted something about pedro that he didn't like and has instead turned his attention to Mane. So all summer the guys on here have been saying we need a quick, creative player that can play in the premier league.

"we've bid for Mane"

"hes shit, why are we shopping at southampton, from Pedro to Him! fml" etc etc

Whats the problem then?

Prem proven? - check.
Fast - check.
creative - check.
high work rate. - check
Talented - check.
Not Pedro - d'oh.

Get a grip.

dasty

Mane muppets will kill themselves if this happens. The timing is just perfect for a mass muppet suicide :lol:.

eggwithsideburns

Can not get excited about signing Mane, I would rather stick with our youth players or bring in someone more established. Mane is just like meh in the middle.

Iron Stove

What a crazy day.

Hard to get excited by this one, but I won't make any judgement since I know feck all about him.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

LVG obviously spotted something about pedro that he didn't like and has instead turned his attention to Mane. So all summer the guys on here have been saying we need a quick, creative player that can play in the premier league.

"we've bid for Mane"

Whats the problem then?

Prem proven? - check.
Fast - check.
creative - check.
high work rate. - check
Talented - check.
Not Pedro - d'oh.

Get a grip.
You are just saying this because you are friends with Secretary Suli

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
BBC saying we made a bid for him last week so that's probably true. All very weird. So anyone who has really paid attention to him.. is he any good?

I know he's fast as hell and a good dribbler but I never really gave him a seconds thought. 10 goals and 3 assists in his first season in England playing for a pretty defensive team isn't bad though, at all. I imagine he'd just be a squad player, so having that pace wouldn't be bad I guess. But for squad players I was thinking that Pereira, Januzaj and Young was enough, and what we lacked was 1 more starting player next to Mata and Memphis. We'll see I guess.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So we've clearly briefed the press on this one... Saving face on Pedro? It's all a bit bizarre...

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Darmian might have gone under the radar a bit, but he is highly rated internationally. Mane is a meh signing.
Agree. With fullbacks it's also a bit different. There are not that many top class ones avialable, so except 3,4 options you need to look at some interesting players outside the radar. Darmian was still highly rated in Italy and a potential top class fullback. Mane is just not that interesting, even in the PL there are better wingers and attacking mids, in comparison to Pedro I am also not sure if he is a van Gaal type player. Can be really selfish and lose the ball very often too.

MarkC

Seriously another Southampton player? Some of the scouts at the top clubs need looking at and ideally ours replacing with a few from Southampton.

Would be pretty underwhelmed with this signing after Pedro dragging out for so long whatever way the club dress it up it looks like our fallback option which is disappointing.

The Law of Denis

"we've bid for Mane"

Whats the problem then?

Prem proven? - check.
Fast - check.
creative - check.
high work rate. - check
Talented - check.
Not Pedro - d'oh.

Get a grip.
He is incredibly inconsistent and even the most adamant Southampton fan will agree that he is not ready for the top level. If you think the only issue with Mane is that he is not Pedro, then you are very wrong.

FromTheBench

He is the right type of player we need, but not sure if he has the quality.

It seems LVG described his need to the scouting department and with other options gone they came up with him.

Dobba

So a story about a bid made last week but only being reported today is becoming a story reported today about a bid that might be made soon, all in the space of an hour.

Money for old rope this insider source lark. I'll have this weekend's lottery numbers on Sunday morning if anyone wants them sent via PM, my contact at Camelot rigs the draws.

bucky

He'd be an example of buying for the sake of buying. It makes absolutely no sense. Van Gaal wants to improve the team and he's no improvement at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.