Sadio Mane | Bayern player

galwayfa

Had Utd signed Mane when Liverpool did, do we think with the managers we had, would we had got him to levels Liverpool got him, honest answers only

GoldanoGraham

If LVG had been less stubborn and he had signed him like he could have then he would have lifted our levels.

Maik2022

The aging theory is the obvious explanation, but there might be more. It's just purely speculative, but the few games i've watched, the players didn't really play with Mane. I think they all have their own agenda. Musiala and Sane want to make the big breakthrough, Gnabry thinks he's underappreciated and wants to prove it, it goes on in the midfield. If you think Utd had no leaders or quality players, Bayern is like the opposite, probably the alphaest team with Real. The coach is under criticism too, he has yet to learn to handle this snake pit and moderate it properly, and he himself is questionable as well. Keeper Neuer was just recently accused of being an a*hole in private. That being said, Mane probably never was in such an atmosphere.

Last edited:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The aging theory is the obvious explanation, but there might be more. It's just purely speculative, but the few games i've watched, the players didn't really play with Mane. I think they all have their own agenda. Musiala and Sane want to make the big breakthrough, Gnabry thinks he's underappreciated and wants to prove it, it goes on in the midfield. If you think Utd had no leaders or quality players, Bayern is like the opposite, probably the alphaest team with Real. The coach is under criticism too, he has yet to learn to handle this snake pit and moderate it properly, and he himself is questionable as well. Keeper Neuer was just recently accused of being an a*hole in private. That being said, Mane probably never was in such an atmosphere.
I think something also happened to his mentality in the past two years. He used to be the guy with the most bottle of all in the team. If the chips were down, Mane was there. He could miss an easy chance like anyone, but that wouldn't stop him from scoring a worldie five minutes later when we most needed it.

The two seasons ago when the team fell off a cliff, Mane was one of those who plunged the deepest. The effort and workrate remained, but he could't trap a ball at times and couldn't finish his own dinner at the best of times. It was genuinely ridiculous how erratic his shooting became. Ran into blind alleys as well. All on top of no longer having the same outrageous pace he used to have.

He improved gradually last season to being quite decent (but even so, Diaz was clearly better when he took his spot on the wing), then found a new gear in the centre and became world class again.

Still, I reckon there is something lost there in his bottle. He's been rattled in a similar way Torres was rattled when his confidence broke.

He'll keep going I am sure, and probably find a good level again. I doubt he'll go quite the same way Torres did (for starters, Torres was 27). But I wouldn't expect the same ice cold customer who turned Neuer inside out with his first touch when we beat them three years ago.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
It was him that was Liverpools most important player not Salah. God how much they have missed him.

Kaos

It was him that was Liverpools most important player not Salah. God how much they have missed him.
Liverpools front three carried the team at their peak. Mane in particular was outstanding for them. Origi also had an annoying knack of winning games for them off the bench too.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
How is mane doing at Bayern? I genuinely don't know. Does he have more goals and assists than (a shit this season) Salah?
11g+4a in 23 games (all competitions). Had to adjust to the higher defending in the league, at the beginning he was caught offside all the time.

He is doing ok as part of their attack, but he isn't a standout player at the moment.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
You mean they didn’t want to pay him what he wanted and decided only one of him/Salah was worth the big bucks.
I don't think it was just he money but who cares, look where they are now, I love it :lol: :lol:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
11g+4a in 23 games (all competitions). Had to adjust to the higher defending in the league, at the beginning he was caught offside all the time.

He is doing ok as part of their attack, but he isn't a standout player at the moment.
Thanks for the response. He's doing ok, albeit in a one team league. We definitely miss him but I wouldn't have paid him £300k+ and I'm glad the club didn't either. Imagine Salah AND Mane sitting on £600k+ a week playing like Salah is this season. :nervous:

Diaz and Jota are doing fine enough as his replacement, albeit miraculously injured as per our luck.

TheReligion

Abusive
Thanks for the response. He's doing ok, albeit in a one team league. We definitely miss him but I wouldn't have paid him £300k+ and I'm glad the club didn't either. Imagine Salah AND Mane sitting on £600k+ a week playing like Salah is this season. :nervous:

Diaz and Jota are doing fine enough as his replacement, albeit miraculously injured as per our luck.
You’d have a point if you hadn’t spent 100m on Nunez and given him a 6 year contract worth an additional 45m…

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We wouldn’t be much higher in the league if we still had him. He doesn’t fix Trent’s form or Van Dijk’s decline. He doesn’t solve our severely broken midfield. At best we might be 7th or a bit closer to the top four if he was still a Liverpool player if I had to guess.

Salah has been below par for about 12 months now but he’s outscored Mane in every season they were both at Liverpool, and Mane was known to have dips in form as well. Prior to AFCON Mane only had a small number of goals last season compared to Salah. In the 2020-21 season (the last time we had a big drop off) Salah scored 31 goals in 51 appearances. Mane scored 16 in 48. Even last season Salah outscored Mane by 8 goals despite the former being in fairly poor form for the second half of the season. Mane was better on the big occasions like finals than Salah was, but overall Salah has outperformed Mane at Liverpool.

It’s easy to see why Salah was prioritised over Mane, even if that decision looks daft now.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
It’s easy to see why Salah was prioritised over Mane
I agree with you, I think there is a bit of a recency bias around Mane due to his strong finish to the end of last season.

There were plenty of people wondering why he wasn't dropped for his poor performances (including on here) around Christmas 2021 and there were threads started about how awful his 20/21 season was:

So I've been thinking about this recently as we've seen a few really glaring examples in the league this season of players going from top form (indeed the best form of their careers), one season, to awful the next. Martial is the most obvious example for us, but Sadio Mane for Liverpool is another.

OP from https://www.redcafe.net/threads/players-losing-all-their-form-out-of-nowhere.462471/

He looked a shadow of himself for about a season and a half pre Afcon IMO (20/21 and the beginning of the 21/22) and sprang back into life after winning Afcon and moving up front.

Even the "Crap" / "Out of form" Salah of the end of last season outperformed Manes start to the season.

I think he was playing for a move away by the end personally , as well as benefitting from the move up front/ change of position.

dinostar77

If LVG had been less stubborn and he had signed him like he could have then he would have lifted our levels.
LVG got sacked the summer he was trying to line up deals for Mane (Southampton), Christen Eriksen. LVG biggest crime was vetoing the toni kroos deal. Utter madness.

padr81

Supports
Man City
No more of Klopp and Mark Warnecke's Isotonic Super Potion has hit him hard. So he's hitting others hard.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
this is what happens when you try to drive a ferrari on a farm.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
This is getting worse with every week.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Another two or three transfers like this could really level the playing field in Bundesliga.

Witchking

When Mane had some good moments earlier in the season, everyone was saying that he should have stayed and Salah should have left. Now Mane isn't even starting and seems to be a bad influence off the pitch while Salah is still carrying on at Liverpool and scoring decently. I was glad that Mane left Liverpool but he hasn't managed to have a good season at the new club.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I'm smelling a leak to get him out of the club this summer. It's not really worked for either party.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'm smelling a leak to get him out of the club this summer. It's not really worked for either party.
Mane probably talked it up "yeah I knocked him out, he was on his back"

In reality he probably landed a soft blow which barely made Sane twitch