Sadio Mane | Bayern player

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It's really not his fault. I'd be frustrated too if I left a functioning team just to find myself completely outmatched in a tougher and more competitive league. Violence is never a solution but it's speaking volumes he's trading blows with the other EPL flop in Bayern's team. They were willing to pay €100m for Hudson-Odoi as well, yet another overrated EPL player.

Think Bayern shouldn't buy directly from EPL clubs anymore. Let the players prove themselves at smaller Bundesliga clubs first. The step is too big for many.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
It's really not his fault. I'd be frustrated too if I left a functioning team just to find myself completely outmatched in a tougher and more competitive league. Violence is never a solution but it's speaking volumes he's trading blows with the other EPL flop in Bayern's team. They were willing to pay €100m for Hudson-Odoi as well, yet another overrated EPL player.

Think Bayern shouldn't buy directly from EPL clubs anymore. Let the players prove themselves at smaller Bundesliga clubs first. The step is too big for many.
:lol:

Gandalf

Go look at the scoring record of Weghorst in the BDL and then compare it to the EPL and you might understand why I am still laughing at the above.

Syphon Wallet

We only sell you the out of date waste product.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Go look at the scoring record of Weghorst in the BDL and then compare it to the EPL and you might understand why I am still laughing at the above.
Wolfsburg sold Wout Weghorst to Burnley after he was done thanks to injuries. It has highly risky by United to sign this player and it didn't turn out well. But prime Weghorst would have rivalled Haaland's goal record. A real shame Haaland left the Bundesliga for a fat pa check to play in a less competitive league by the way. Messi and Cristiano at least waited until they were on the wrong side of thirty to join French respectively English clubs.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a fun league and I don't want to belittle it for you. But this season proves yet again that it is simply not on the same level. I mean, the transfers of Haaland, Mané, Cancelo and Hudson-Odoi this season alone should be proof enough.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City

Fair play, top shitehousery

Spark

If people are going to wum, that’s the way to do it. Top marks.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

Not obviously going into the whole EPL trolling, but just regarding CHO it's amazing to consider how much Bayern were willing to pay for him at one time and then a couple of seasons later, albeit also after another injury, he can't even get into Leverkusen's team. You almost forget he's there then he makes a random sub appearance.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Not obviously going into the whole EPL trolling, but just regarding CHO it's amazing to consider how much Bayern were willing to pay for him at one time and then a couple of seasons later, albeit also after another injury, he can't even get into Leverkusen's team. You almost forget he's there then he makes a random sub appearance.
Tbf CHO was a top talent (although I doubt Bayern would have actually paid 100m for him), his career got derailed because of a serious injury and lack of game time to develop properly (should have gone out on loan). I think we would have seen a different player if he didn't get that injury and was allowed to develop at Bayern.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
After his dispute with Nagelsmann in front of the whole team he now punches Sané in the face, great. Apparently Sané lip was bleeding so it wasnt just a soft slap.

Doesnt any PL club want to take him back in the summer?
Chelsea? Tottenham? Newcastle? Anyone?

Red4Ever

Cork; home of Cantwell, Irwin, Keane and Vidic-wel
After his dispute with Nagelsmann in front of the whole team he now punches Sané in the face, great. Apparently Sané lip was bleeding so it wasnt just a soft slap.

Doesnt any PL club want to take him back in the summer?
Chelsea? Tottenham? Newcastle? Anyone?
United

Punch Klopp after getting an injury time winner in front of the Kop for us

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
When Mane had some good moments earlier in the season, everyone was saying that he should have stayed and Salah should have left. Now Mane isn't even starting and seems to be a bad influence off the pitch while Salah is still carrying on at Liverpool and scoring decently. I was glad that Mane left Liverpool but he hasn't managed to have a good season at the new club.
It was and remains a ridiculous take. Mane was on the decline with Liverpool which is why they took the money when Bayern came calling.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

:lol: yes!!!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It was and remains a ridiculous take. Mane was on the decline with Liverpool which is why they took the money when Bayern came calling.
Yep this is pretty accurate, I noticed he lost that spring in his step the season before he left, although this was covered up with bursts of form. Didn't he also start the season well for Bayern? Then got the bad injury.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

Add Cancelo which makes 2 PFA TOTY 12months ago sitting on the bench for Stanisic and Musiala steamrolling a farmers league does not prepare you for life in Germany

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yep this is pretty accurate, I noticed he lost that spring in his step the season before he left, although this was covered up with bursts of form. Didn't he also start the season well for Bayern? Then got the bad injury.
He still scored 16 goals in the EPL last season and made the PFA team of the season, Currently he is on 6 goals, He has lacked the punch so far

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Sounds like we're in agreement that all Premier League clubs should sit back and allow Bayern Munich to continue hoovering up the 'emerging talents' from their neighbouring Bundesliga clubs. That way we can avoid overpaying for any more mediocre players such as Havertz, Werner and Keita.

I mean, there was one point 2 years ago where it looked like United were going to sign Upamecano over Varane! Thank god Bayern were there to swoop in and help us dodge another bullet.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What is that Redcafe? We should have kept Mane and paid whatever salary he wanted? :lol:

You mistake Liverpool for Utd too often in here. He's no Ronaldo/DiMaria/Zlatan/Schweinsteiger/etc that's for sure. :p

tomaldinho1

Superb

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What is that Redcafe? We should have kept Mane and paid whatever salary he wanted? :lol:

You mistake Liverpool for Utd too often in here. He's no Ronaldo/DiMaria/Zlatan/Schweinsteiger/etc that's for sure. :p
I recall saying at the time that you'll miss him but I actually suggested paying Salah (or Mane) the money he wanted at this stage would be worse than cashing in given you've got a wage structure to protect and now it seems you can't buy the worldie midfielder who seems to be desperate to join you guys, or any other expensive players, while the rest of the first XI has surely seen their deals upgraded or have knocked on the door to ask for such.

mu4c_20le

Nah, you were right to replace him with Carroll and Babel for 150m. There's only one Liverpool.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

After we all saw you cave to Salah's demands by breaking your wage structure to give a 30 year old who is on the decline a bumper new contract, I would've thought this would be the last topic you'd feel smug about.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
After we all saw you cave to Salah's demands by breaking your wage structure to give a 30 year old who is on the decline a bumper new contract, I would've thought this would be the last topic you'd feel smug about.
Let's stick to Mane in the Mane thread. And how Redcafe said we should have broken the structure for HIM and not Salah, or as well as Salah.

NYAS

Yet another example of Bayern being a “well-run club”.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Let's stick to Mane in the Mane thread. And how Redcafe said we should have broken the structure for HIM and not Salah, or as well as Salah.
Well you've already broken your wage structure model that you prided yourself on by caving to Salah's demands, so why not cave to Mane's as well? At least you would've still been in contention for top 4 if you had kept Mane around.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Wolfsburg sold Wout Weghorst to Burnley after he was done thanks to injuries. It has highly risky by United to sign this player and it didn't turn out well. But prime Weghorst would have rivalled Haaland's goal record. A real shame Haaland left the Bundesliga for a fat pa check to play in a less competitive league by the way. Messi and Cristiano at least waited until they were on the wrong side of thirty to join French respectively English clubs.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a fun league and I don't want to belittle it for you. But this season proves yet again that it is simply not on the same level. I mean, the transfers of Haaland, Mané, Cancelo and Hudson-Odoi this season alone should be proof enough.
Not only bundesliga, La Liga should also stop buying from them look what happened with Hazard, he was supposed to be the best player in that league. :lol:

:(

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Not only bundesliga, La Liga should also stop buying from them look what happened with Hazard, he was supposed to be the best player in that league. :lol:
Who could've forseen it was a bad idea to spend 110m on a player who was entering the final year of his contract and who was known for having entire seasons off. Ah well, at least he was always going to have some sell-on value at his age...

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

:lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

After a really well done wum, comes along this fellow who consistently highlights that not everyone has it in them.