Sadio Mane | Performances

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Seriously, it's shocking that some posters literally make up bollox to suit their agendas. Mane was clearly inconsistent at Southampton and it was said long before he went to Liverpool. Some of the scousers on here are hideous posters.
The bollocks is this inconsistency thing. I watched every game he played for Southampton last season. He had a blip of about 5 or 6 games around xmas and was dropped. It was the same time there was a ton of speculation about him being transferred. He was dropped and when he came back into the side returned to the levels he had before the short blip. The actual facts of the matter are that he was very consistently in the top 2-3 players for Southampton every week.
It was one of those myths that started when one person claimed he was inconsistent and then others started to chime in without actually watching him.
One of those sheep following sheep things.
The people who are claiming the inconsistency bollocks are the ones who never actually watched him.

IrishRedDevil

The bollocks is this inconsistency thing. I watched every game he played for Southampton last season. He had a blip of about 5 or 6 games around xmas and was dropped. It was the same time there was a ton of speculation about him being transferred. He was dropped and when he came back into the side returned to the levels he had before the short blip. The actual facts of the matter are that he was very consistently in the top 2-3 players for Southampton every week.
It was one of those myths that started when one person claimed he was inconsistent and then others started to chime in without actually watching him.
The people who are claiming the inconsistency bollocks are the ones who never actually watched him.
I watched him loads over the last few seasons. Like I said on the previous page, he went 19 league games without scoring despite playing in advanced positions in a well functioning Southampton team. The 'myth' which you keep wanting to call it, actually has substance.

Stack

I watched him loads over the last few seasons. Like I said on the previous page, he went 19 league games without scoring despite playing in advanced positions in a well functioning Southampton team. The 'myth' which you keep wanting to call it, actually has substance.
I watched every single game, you watched "loads". You base it on a 19 run non scoring streak.... That doesnt mean he was inconsistent in his football, it just means he didnt score fore 19 games.
He was consistently in the top 2-3 players for southampton for the entire season aside from a brief blip over xmas.
Another poster in another thread posted his player ratings for the season and thats exactly what it showed.
I wonder if you understand what the difference between not scoring and playing well is.
On top of that he spends most of his game being a provider.
Its a myth based on nothing more than ignorance and sheep logic. His actual quality of play was consistently high.
I bet you hardly watched him at all

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Mane isn't streaky. He's not brilliant every game but he's not like a player such as Bolasie who can be invisible for a full 90 minutes.

Rafateria

Indeed. Sheep & Bollocks. Well put !

Robbie Boy

A quick google search will bring up stories about Liverpool fans being worried that he's too inconsistent but hey, let that other poster be overly aggressive and wrong.

Robbie Boy

I guess the whole consistency thing was a 'myth' all along. I mean what would his manager at the time know eh. I guess I never did watch him and there was me thinking I had watched plenty of him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...redictable-consistent-says-Ronald-Koeman.html

Oh and some Liverpool fan reactions when they were linked with him: http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/liverpool-fans-arent-particularly-happy-sadio-mane-news-tweets/

Another good article actually, that mentions inconsistency in the last paragraph: http://theanfieldtalk.com/the-unlikely-mane-analysing-the-signing-of-sadio-mane/

Last edited:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Only player I would genuinely want from the Liverpool XI. He would be deadly on our right flank, imagine him with Valencia overlapping, pace overload :drool:

Coutinho is probably more talented but more of a #10 \ creator type and we have plenty of those in Mkhi and Mata.

Steven Seagull

I watched every single game, you watched "loads". You base it on a 19 run non scoring streak.... That doesnt mean he was inconsistent in his football, it just means he didnt score fore 19 games.
He was consistently in the top 2-3 players for southampton for the entire season aside from a brief blip over xmas.
Another poster in another thread posted his player ratings for the season and thats exactly what it showed.
I wonder if you understand what the difference between not scoring and playing well is.
Its a myth based on nothing more than ignorance and sheep logic. His actual quality of play was consistently high.
I watched all his games and I think you're wrong.

IrishRedDevil

''I bet you hardly watched him at all''.
What kind of remark is that? Wind your neck in. Like I said I watched him plenty the last two seasons (I would say in the region of 20 games) so keep your throwaway, assumption based comments to yourself.

When it comes to an attacker I would call a 19 game goal scoring drought a pretty big inconsistency. Surely him being one of Southamptons top 3/4 performers is a minimum requirement considering the other squad players? I would also say his dribbling style is very inconsistent and whether he strides past a player for fun or trips over and gives the ball away is anyone's guess, especially last season when he lost his way.

He was certainly a hot/cold style player last season and wasn't much of a provider either with 5 league assists, but he has stepped up a level now at Liverpool showing more consistency infront of goal especially.

Last edited:

IrishRedDevil

I guess the whole consistency thing was a 'myth' all along. I mean what would his manager at the time know eh. I guess I never did watch him and there was me thinking I had watched plenty of him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...redictable-consistent-says-Ronald-Koeman.html

Oh and some Liverpool fan reactions when they were linked with him: http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/liverpool-fans-arent-particularly-happy-sadio-mane-news-tweets/

Another good article actually, that mentions inconsistency in the last paragraph: http://theanfieldtalk.com/the-unlikely-mane-analysing-the-signing-of-sadio-mane/
They are all just sheep, including his previous manager.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
It's easier to make an inconsistent player consistent than it is to make an inherently shite player good.

Robbie Boy

It's easier to make an inconsistent player consistent than it is to make an inherently shite player good.
For sure. Given how Liverpool play and the fact they are superior to Southampton, it's no surprise that Mane has stepped it up a few levels.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Why on Earth are United fans watching Southampton every single game? Weirdos.
It's a bit like when two internetters argue about some foreign footballer. One of them starts to say they watch all the games in the Dutch league so they know said player's entire game. Of course this is rubbish. I watch a load of Premier League football but that doesn't mean I've got a strong opinion of Burnley's second choice right midfielder.

It's just about looking to know what you're talking about than actually knowing what you're talking about.

Robbie Boy

I wouldn't say it's possible to watch all their games unless you go to all the matches.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I highly doubt any non Southampton fan watched "all his games." That would mean if both your teams were playing a 3pm Ko you chose to watch Southampton instead of your team.
It's just absolutely ridiculous. Why on Earth would someone have watched ALL of Southampton's matches. What a waste of time that would be.

Stack

I highly doubt any non Southampton fan watched "all his games." That would mean if both your teams were playing a 3pm Ko you chose to watch Southampton instead of your team.
I watch all the Utd games, I also watch all of Aberdeens games. I also go to local grassroots football games. On top of that i watch games where players I really like are playing. Love Neymar and watch any game I can where he is playing.
With respect to Mane I spotted him when he first started at Southampton and really liked what I saw, started following his games. Las tseason i had a subscription to an online service called premier League Pass and it allowed me to watched all EPL games, either live or delayed. So I would watch Utd games and then watch Southampton games a day or so later.
The reason i became a Utd fan was because I saw George Best play one day, at that point my Dad used to take me to watch Leeds play. Just because I am a Utd fan doesnt mean i cant or dont watch other teams or players play. I also like watching Bournemouth play because I like how Eddie Howe sets up his teams. I like watching Lanzini play as well. Some of us are football fans and love the game, others are just fans of saying they support a team that wins.
Right now Im watching Utd u18s play Evertons u18's 1-1 so far

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I watch all the Utd games, I also watch all of Aberdeens games. I also go to local grassroots football games. On top of that i watch games where players I really like are playing. Love Neymar and watch any game I can where he is playing.
With respect to Mane I spotted him when he first started at Southampton and really liked what I saw, started following his games. Las tseason i had a subscription to an online service called premier League Pass and it allowed me to watched all EPL games, either live or delayed. So I would watch Utd games and then watch Southampton games a day or so later.
The reason i became a Utd fan was because I saw George Best play one day, at that point my Dad used to take me to watch Leeds play. Just because I am a Utd fan doesnt mean i cant or dont watch other teams or players play. I also like watching Bournemouth play because I like how Eddie Howe sets up his teams. I like watching Lanzini play as well. Some of us are football fans and love the game, others are just fans of saying they support a team that wins.
There is absolutely no way anyone watches every single

United, Aberdeen, Barcelona, Southampton games occasionally watching Bournemouth and West Ham while watching local games as well.

Robbie Boy

It's a bit like when two internetters argue about some foreign footballer. One of them starts to say they watch all the games in the Dutch league so they know said player's entire game. Of course this is rubbish. I watch a load of Premier League football but that doesn't mean I've got a strong opinion of Burnley's second choice right midfielder.

It's just about looking to know what you're talking about than actually knowing what you're talking about.
Exactly. So the poster that said he watched all his games at Southampton and he wasn't inconsistent, is talking nonsense.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff

Wow, what an unnecessary dig that was. Carry on.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
I can't believe he's only 24, looks like a bit of a bargain for Liverpool right now. I was never bothered when United looked close to signing him a year earlier, but I'm glad that didn't happen. He's sorted their right wing out for years now.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Player I wanted here gutted we didn't sign him but in all honesty Mykytarin is better

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He's very important for them but I dont particularly rate him that high, not someone I'd be scared of when playing against unlike Coutinho. He is a good player and his pace can be extremely dangerous on his day ,but not elite and I doubt he ever will be.

NinjaFletch

Player I wanted here gutted we didn't sign him but in all honesty Mykytarin is better
If Mane and Mkhitaryan had been signed by the other club and gone on to have the two seasons they're having there is absolutely no way that this would be a popular opinion on here.

Lawman

If Mane and Mkhitaryan had been signed by the other club and gone on to have the two seasons they're having there is absolutely no way that this would be a popular opinion on here.
I couldn't care less about who signed who I was one of the biggest Mane fans on here and was one of the biggest posters on signing Mane (he's such a dangerous player) but having seen Myktarin now a few times live he is a better player imo.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Currently ripping Spurs a new one. Think we really missed out on a star here.
Still blows too hot and cold for my liking. Worth noting Spurs are also missing half their defence.

IrishRedDevil

I've said this several times, but I am still surprised that Jose didn't go for him. Mane done brilliantly against his Chelsea side a few times.

We could have easily went for Mkhitaryan and Mané - I said this numerous times in the summer before he went to Liverpool.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Still blows too hot and cold for my liking. Worth noting Spurs are also missing half their defence.
Also worth noting that Spurs have set up with a high line, leaving lots of space for Mane to run into, and combined that tactic with mindless ball losses high up the pitch. Ideal conditions for him out there today, in no small part thanks to the way Spurs have set up.

He's certainly made the most of it, though, no question about that!

Lawman

The guy I wanted in the summer although now we have Myktarin I would not swap although both would have been nice.

Philadelphian

Wish we'd try Rashford from the right and I think we'd see a pretty similar player. Rashford could be a little stronger on the ball of course.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Great player, would not look out of place in any team.