Salah vs Mane , who is the better player?

KennyBurner

If your striker is any other than Firminho, Mane is the prefered option.
How people don’t understand this is actually ridiculous. Salah is the furthest forward because firmino is a midfielder. If Liverpool decided to ever upgrade on firmino for a real forward, salah would be exposed for the stat padder that he is. Like Fabregas said Mane is the best (second best after debruyne) in my opinion.

And salah isn’t the better finisher like I’m reading in here, he just gets most of the chances which he still ends up missing most times.

ariveded

Had both been in different teams, it would be like a Messi vs Ronaldo of EPL debate.

Both football styles are different yet same, both can dominate well

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Considering how this season has gone, individually for both players, thought it was time to bring it up.

Now, i rated Salah higher than Mane before this season, and nothings really changed, in fact, Salah is their only attacker to show up consistently.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
On the surface, Mane is less erratic, two footed, works harder defensively, is really important for us as a ball carrier in transitions, is less greedy and has loads of bottle when the chips are down.

Still gonna say Salah though. His flaws sticks out more, but he also goes through more good work in a game than Mane does, both in front of goal and creating chances for others. His attacking intensity is probably the highest of anyone in the world and more than makes up for his sometimes erratic displays and sometimes greedy decision making.

He's always at it and it shows in his output in both goals and assists. Doesn't get nearly enough credit for how many games he carries us through.
Agreed.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I always thought Mane was better because Salah’s game can be downright awful sometimes but Salah even with his flaws seems to be more dependable

Judas

Open to offers
Mane's form has totally dropped of a cliff. Salah is rubbish to watch but simply has that knack of scoring, even when the rest of his play is frankly ordinary.

On this season, you have to say Salah is comfortably better, but I'd probably have said differently last year.

Hoof the ball

Salah has outscored and out-assisted Mane in every single season, including the season when Salah was "not having a good season" and Mane was "having the season of his life". I haven't accounted for the importance of the goals they scored as that'd take an eternity, but suffice to say that Salah just gets the job done, creative-wise and scoring-wise season after season.

20/21 PL
Salah - 17 goals, 3 assists
Mane - 7 goals, 3 assists

20/21 CL
Salah - 4 goals, 1 assist
Mane - 2 goals, 1 assist

19/20 (Mane's hot season) PL
Salah - 19 goals, 10 assists
Mane - 18 goals, 7 assists

19/20 CL
Salah - 4 goals, 2 assists
Mane - 2 goals, 1 assist

18/19 PL
Salah - 22 goals, 8 assists
Mane - 22 goals, 1 assist

CL 18/19 (CL winners')
Salah - 5 goals, 2 assists
Mane - 4 goals, 1 assist

17/18 isn't even close.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Salah has outscored and out-assisted Mane in every single season, including the season when Salah was "not having a good season" and Mane was "having the season of his life". I haven't accounted for the importance of the goals they scored as that'd take an eternity, but suffice to say that Salah just gets the job done, creative-wise and scoring-wise season after season.

20/21 PL
Salah - 17 goals, 3 assists
Mane - 7 goals, 3 assists

20/21 CL
Salah - 4 goals, 1 assist
Mane - 2 goals, 1 assist

19/20 (Mane's hot season) PL
Salah - 19 goals, 10 assists
Mane - 18 goals, 7 assists

19/20 CL
Salah - 4 goals, 2 assists
Mane - 2 goals, 1 assist

18/19 PL
Salah - 22 goals, 8 assists
Mane - 22 goals, 1 assist

CL 18/19 (CL winners')
Salah - 5 goals, 2 assists
Mane - 4 goals, 1 assist

17/18 isn't even close.
We have to be fair and also for the sake of completeness:

Salah is Liverpool's designated penalty taker so in 18/19 PL season when both Mane and Salah finished with 22 goals, 3 of Salah's goals were penalties.

Again in the 19/20 season, Salah had 3 penalties added to his tally.

From open play, Mane outscored Salah in both of those PL seasons.

In the CL in 18/19, Salah had 2 penalties added to his tally, meaning Mane outscored Salah in the CL from open play in that season.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think Liverpool will sell either Mané or Salah this summer, probably Mané.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Love mane to bits, but it’s definitely salah and I’m not sure it’s even that close these days. Both are fantastic players though.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
We have to be fair and also for the sake of completeness:

Salah is Liverpool's designated penalty taker so in 18/19 PL season when both Mane and Salah finished with 22 goals, 3 of Salah's goals were penalties.

Again in the 19/20 season, Salah had 3 penalties added to his tally.

From open play, Mane outscored Salah in both of those PL seasons.

In the CL in 18/19, Salah had 2 penalties added to his tally, meaning Mane outscored Salah in the CL from open play in that season.
This is fair but salah is a far better playmaker in addition to the scoring and has kept it going, whereas mane has clearly dropped off a level. Still a great winger but it’s salah.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's definitely Salah. Back around 18/19 it was more of a debate but not now.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Is this even a debate anymore?
Offcourse it isn't, Salah has always been the better player.

Mané wouldn't do better if he played for this same Egyptian team, Senegal has a much better team than Egypt.

MrEleson

This is fair but salah is a far better playmaker in addition to the scoring and has kept it going, whereas mane has clearly dropped off a level. Still a great winger but it’s salah.
Maybe Mane dropping a level could be due to how much more work he does in the defensive phase than Salah. It can be pretty hard to maintain such a high octane style of play over a prolonged period of time.

Supports
Chelsea
Offcourse it isn't, Salah has always been the better player.

Mané wouldn't do better if he played for this same Egyptian team, Senegal has a much better team than Egypt.
Might be the opposite to be honest. Egypt are an awfully uncreative team and they lack someone in the middle third that can drag them up the pitch and link play. Mane is much more this type of player than Salah who mainly wants to be on the end of chances, which isn't going to happen without good teammates. I think Mane in this Egypt team could elevate his teammates to a higher level than Salah does, but Salah in Senegal's team with the chances created would probably do better than Mane. If that makes sense.

Reactions: oates

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Might be the opposite to be honest. Egypt are an awfully uncreative team and they lack someone in the middle third that can drag them up the pitch and link play. Mane is much more this type of player than Salah who mainly wants to be on the end of chances, which isn't going to happen without good teammates. I think Mane in this Egypt team could elevate his teammates to a higher level than Salah does, but Salah in Senegal's team with the chances created would probably do better than Mane. If that makes sense.
I completely agree with this. But i don't agree that Mané is a more creative player and will elevate this Egyptian team higher.
From what I've seen, Mané is very timide and doesn't impose himself when he's the main man.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I completely agree with this. But i don't agree that Mané is a more creative player and will elevate this Egyptian team higher.
From what I've seen, Mané is very timide and doesn't impose himself when he's the main man.
Timid is the last word id use to describe mane at his peak ability. However, salah is just far more creative as well as being a better goal score. They’re both excellent players and at manes peak it was far closer, but I’d say salah has proven himself to be the better over a number of years. That’s still no slight on Mane.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Timid is the last word id use to describe mane at his peak ability. However, salah is just far more creative as well as being a better goal score. They’re both excellent players and at manes peak it was far closer, but I’d say salah has proven himself to be the better over a number of years. That’s still no slight on Mane.
I don't know how often you've watched him with Senegal where he's supposed to be the main man, that's really the word that describes him often.
For Liverpool (where he isn't the main man), it's a different case.
I think he's someone who performs much better when he isn't looked at as the number one option by far on the team.

BlueHaze

Mane is a good player but I honestly don't think Liverpool would have won the league and CL if they didn't sign Salah. He has been the big difference maker to their attack since Klopp arrived. I never thought he had it in him to become that good and crucial for them but he has become world class under Klopp. Insane how many goals he scored for Liverpool.

Supports
Chelsea
Salah is for sure more creative in terms of delivering a final ball, but that doesn't really amount to anything for Egypt as they are in more need for someone to improve their general play first and foremost (in an attacking sense). Mane's style of play lends more to improving this than Salah's. Dropping deep to pick up the ball, driving into areas and opening up space for teammates. Creativity that will free up teammates and create patterns of play. With Salah, everyone is isolated on the pitch, whether he has the ball or not.

Flexdegea

Can't believe the worse best player in the world missed that penalty

Elcabron

Surprised this was ever a debate to be honest. Mane won't be remembered in 10 years outside of Liverpool fans as far as PL is concerned Salah is probably in the all time great PL strikers/attackers debate at this stage.