Salah vs Mane , who is the better player?

He'sRaldo

I feel like even if Mane is better the left footed RW player is more rare and Valuable.

If I had to pick one I'd pick Salah even though I think Mane is better.
The interesting thing with Mane is he's one of those left wingers who can play equally as well on the right without losing much of his game. So I'd actually still go for Mane.

Supports
England
Was wondering what the Caf thinks. Personally I'm leaning Salah simply because I can't see Mane replicating what Salah did in 2017/18.

But plenty of people seem to rate Mane more highly.
That seems like a poor way to judge the better player because it comes down to a single season that has since proven to be an outlier. Based on their best seasons alone, a lot of players could stake better claims than they have any right to.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I prefer Mané. He was already great before 20. Salzburg made a bargain when they bought him. Southampton made a bargain and Liverpool made a bargain by buying him before PSG wrecked the market completely.

Mané also possesses the ability of needing no time to recover. I knew one person like that. Didn't work out, didn't play sports for years but put him in a football match and it was like he never stopped training. Mané is the same, always in top shape. Salah is a top player but he sometimes gets a freebie role of not needing to defend as much as Mané and Firmino and yet Mané outperforms him in returns both in attack and defense in 2 out of 3 seasons (very similar the one season).

Supports
England
I prefer Mané. He was already great before 20. Salzburg made a bargain when they bought him. Southampton made a bargain and Liverpool made a bargain by buying him before PSG wrecked the market completely.

Mané also possesses the ability of needing no time to recover. I knew one person like that. Didn't work out, didn't play sports for years but put him in a football match and it was like he never stopped training. Mané is the same, always in top shape. Salah is a top player but he sometimes gets a freebie role of not needing to defend as much as Mané and Firmino and yet Mané outperforms him in returns both in attack and defense in 2 out of 3 seasons (very similar the one season).
Good post. Interesting point about Mane's conditioning. With respect to their positions and roles, one wonders how they would fare individually in other teams that don't possess the same overall quality. I suspect that's when the differences between the two would start to become obvious, probably in Mane's favour IMO.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
They’re about the same in terms of talent which is evident in the stats they have accumilated with gosls and assists. Nice start to this season as well with Salah on 3 goals and Mane on 2. Also I think Mane is most likely to leave before Salah.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Salah looks very switched on for the this season.

ariveded

Salah plays most forward, get more chances, gets to take penalties, scores more goals.

Whereas Mane, is always on the move, defending and attacking, better finisher, and far more influential to the team.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Salah has a certain "magic" to his game that Mané doesn't IMO. He's flashier, a better dribbler and a better goal scorer.
The thing though is that Mané is also solid in all of these aspects (despite not being as good as Salah), and he's also much better with defensive duties than Salah is.

Salah can be annoyingly selfish sometimes though.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Salah.

It's always amazed me how it's even a discussion. Mane, like Firmino, seems to have incredible PR.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic

KDB is number 1 but cesc isn’t far off.
It's a ludicrous take from Cesc.

If he truly believes that Mane is a better player than KDB then it goes to show why a lot of great players rarely make great coaches.

Aguero, Salah, Son, Mahrez, Pogba*, Aubameyang, Alexander-Arnold and Bale are all better than him too. You could make a case for Kane too IMO.

*when he can be arsed which is admittedly very rare.

United58

A poll would be good; I'd choose Mane, but it's very close. They're almost as scary as James and Lingard

mancan92

Salah will get you the win more often.

Mane will be more influencial in the team.

It comes down to if your team needs a match winner or a support player.

Web of Bissaka

Direct: Salah
All-around: Mane

Which one would you rather have (if I have to, don't want any)? Mane
Which one would you watch as opponent to be wary of? Mane

I don't know but I felt Mane is more dangerous and more dynamic so the team football will be better with his kind of player. Salah can be clinical suddenly though but we all know his greed which is fine, nothing wrong with it but hey I much prefer to watch team play than individual, and I don't really feel wary of Salah as I do with Mane.

El Jefe

Both great players but Salah has the edge for me. He undoubtedly has the higher peak and I believe teams fear him more, he's so dangerous in and around the box.

Mane has more of an all round game so can see why some choose him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mané has a higher floor, Salah the higher ceiling

I'd say Salah is better, but honestly they're pretty much equals

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
It's a ludicrous take from Cesc.

If he truly believes that Mane is a better player than KDB then it goes to show why a lot of great players rarely make great coaches.

Aguero, Salah, Son, Mahrez, Pogba*, Aubameyang, Alexander-Arnold and Bale are all better than him too. You could make a case for Kane too IMO.

*when he can be arsed which is admittedly very rare.
Say what ? You must really dislike Mané to say that any of those players have been better than him in the last 2 years...

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
For me it’s quite close, but I’d say Mane edges it.

With Salah you know from the first few moments of he’s up for it or not, which thankfully he does look sharp so far, but if he’s not, you know so from the start.
With Mane he’s a lot more explosive and can score a wider variety of goals, even on a off day he can randomly pop up with a goal or two from nowhere, I also think he’s harder to mark out of the game because he’s so unpredictable, whereas I think some of the better players in the world can adapt to Salah the longer a game goes on.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Say what ? You must really dislike Mané to say that any of those players have been better than him in the last 2 years...
I didn't say they've been better than him in the last two seasons. I said they're better players than him.

I don't mind Mane. I remember debating with people on here before he even signed for Liverpool. They were saying Pedro was better :lol:

Discipline

Close call, but Salah for me. I'm curious how those two still play together. I mean how nobody buy them till now? I guess Liverpool cannot offer them huge Madrid/PSG level wages.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
I didn't say they've been better than him in the last two seasons. I said they're better players than him.

I don't mind Mane. I remember debating with people on here before he even signed for Liverpool. They were saying Pedro was better :lol:
Maybe some of them might be better if we're talking about potential, but if we're talking about what they've actually done in their careers till now, then no they're not better than Mané and have never reached the levels he's reached this past 2 seasons except for Bale and maybe Kane few years ago.

James Peril

Sick and tired of both the twins, they are always performing and never injured. On top of that, they are both likeable as in not being close to a Gerrard or Skrtel on the c*ntometer. Some will mention dives and so on, but it’s not like that differs from any other team in the world including ours.

Mane - 9
Salah - 9.5
(De Bruyne - 10 - screw you Cesc)

Jibbs

Mane is a better overall player, Salah is a better finisher.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I’d be interested to see how their big-game stats compare. My vague impression is that Mané is more likely to step up on the really big stage, and/or dig Liverpool out when things aren’t going their way. But could be totally wrong on that.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I’d be interested to see how their big-game stats compare. My vague impression is that Mané is more likely to step up on the really big stage, and/or dig Liverpool out when things aren’t going their way. But could be totally wrong on that.
Yes Mané is a lot better in big games, what Salah does well is batter the cannon fodder and fills his boots mercilessly.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Without research I'd say Salah but I prefer Mane because of his attitude. Even back at Southampton he had the beating of your average EPL defender and he knew it. I said as much in the transfer forum back when he was up for grabs but we probably would have ruined him though.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Salah. Just looks more dangerous to me.
I think Mane often looks more dangerous while Salah just constantly surprises you and does something out of nothing. Both amazing players. Hate them both.

RooneyLegend

I think Mane often looks more dangerous while Salah just constantly surprises you and does something out of nothing. Both amazing players. Hate them both.
I feel like Mane is just more clinical while Salah wastes alot of chances despite scoring loads. Because of that he feels like a constant threat. Obviously they are amazing players.