Sanchez, Di Maria, Falcao or Veron? Who's our worst ever South American at signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikelesh Reddy

Feel free to add other names to this list...But out of these 4,Veron was easily the best...It’s a tad bit harsh to include him alongside the other 3,but because he was our record signing back in 2001 and since he obviously didn’t fulfill his potential I”m including him in this list.He did show flashes of brilliance but never really got going,but he was definitely not the worst.

Falcao was just a loan signing(even though he was on a huge wage) so we didn’t really lose much by signing him,so he’s therefore not the worst.

Di Maria Or Sanchez?They were both horrendous but since we managed to offload Di Maria for a good amount of money and we are struggling to get rid of Sanchez,I would probably say that Sanchez is the worst out of this lot...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sanchez is easily by a distance our worst ever signing. Hes arguably the worst ever signing that anyone has made... certainly up there.

Rojofiam

Sanchez is still at the club. I know it's unlikely that he turns it around, but I won't say he is the worst one yet. Also, he's at least trying unlike that ugly twat called Di Maria.

Bocca9978

Tough call. Can I add Kleberson to the list.
Then vote for all of them.

izec

Veron was actually useful at times and respectful.

Di maria was good initially, then fell off the cliff. fecked off after a season. Falcao was and Sanchez is useless

Last edited:

fergosaurus

Sanchez. Highest paid player in the league who was supposed to be our saviour and now we're trying to flog him off on loan while paying a large chunk of his wages.

el3mel

How is that even a question ?

Sanchez by a country mile.

Di Maria and Veron did for more for us than him. Falcao was just a loan signing, not getting a 350k a week.

prateik

Sanchez is probably the worst signing I can remember. Bebe and Manucho were better.

pacifictheme

Veron wasn't a euccess but he was comfortably better than the others on that list.

SirAF

Ageist
Veron wasn’t that bad, he was imperious in Europe.

El Zoido

Sanchez has been a disaster.

Veron wasn’t that bad, he struggled to adapt to the intensity of the league but he had his moments, especially in Europe.

Falcao gets a pass because he was clearly never the same after his serious injury.

Di Maria runs Sanchez close imo, the guy was a proper snake.

Canagel

Sanchez has been a disaster.

Veron wasn’t that bad, he struggled to adapt to the intensity of the league but he had his moments, especially in Europe.

Falcao gets a pass because he was clearly never the same after his serious injury.

Di Maria runs Sanchez close imo, the guy was a proper snake.
Di Maria was our top assists maker in his season, Sanchez didn't produce anything near it with even more time. It's not close in any way.

KGBhoy

Sanchez no doubt.
Veron is always unfairly included in these lists in my opinion. He just didn't live up to huge expectations, but he was far from a disaster.

Sanchez on the other hand has not had a single game where he justified being such hot property. City dodged the bullet if they even were ever in for him

Angelinho

Sanchez - not only has he been ineffective on the pitch, but we broke the wage structure to get him, which has caused problems negotiating contracts with other players.

Bwuk

Sanchez and it isn’t even close.

Falcao was embarrassingly bad too.

Veron showed his quality at times, just right player wrong time.

Di Maria was quality until he decided he didn’t want to be here anymore.

Gasolin

I was going to say Falcao but Sanchez is doing some new low.

Goku23

Sanchez he just has not performed at all Di Maria at least started on fire until the burgalry and LVG fall out. Falcao was coming back from a major injury. Veron showed flashes of brilliance so Sanchez all day I dont remember him having 1 good game or showing a glimpse of his Arsenal form

El Zoido

Di Maria was our top assists maker in his season, Sanchez didn't produce anything near it with even more time. It's not close in any way.
Didn’t realise that. My memory of him is him being good for three games then disappearing completely.

Giggs86

Veron would walk into our team today and probably be our second best player behind only Pogba. Just shows how standards have fallen.

Anyways, Sanchez and Falcao are two of the worst players I've seen wearing our shirt. It's a toss up really with a slight tilt towards Falcao given how absolutely pathetic he was.

Foxbatt

Sanchez because he has not done anything close at all to justify his salary. Kleberson got injured as soon as he made his debut and never recovered. Rojo was good in spells when he played as a CB and Veron was class. He should not have been sold that summer.
I like to add Di Maria too because Sanchez for all his faults always try on the pitch. Di Maria could not be bothered.

FujiVice

Veron's price was like Pogba's at the time. Spending £28 million on a player was unthinkable 12 months before that. He was way better than everyone on this list, but the price tag and the at best "decent" performances were a bad look.

Castia

I think Sanchez. I’ve never seen a player drop in quality so fast, he was without doubt a top 5 PL player months before we signed him.

We got a decent fee back for Veron and Di Maria so it wasn’t all doom and gloom.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's between Kleberson and Sanchez for me, neither did anything useful for the club and neither has an excuse for it. Falcao was recovering from a knee injury that he sustained in January and he was only a loan.

Ekeke

Rojo or Kleberson the least effective. Rojo also cost us a much better player in Nani

Sanchez just due to money is fair also

CM

Falcao was a disaster. He gets it for me.

Superunknown

I've always felt bad for Veron for all of the stick that he received, especially when he left the club and was immediately called a flop. I liked the guy and thought that he put in a number of good performances when he was with us.

There were certain times watching Di Maria and Falcao where I just felt complete disappointment. Falcao looked particularly terrible at times.

In reflection, the Sanchez deal will probably turn out to be the worst if he doesn't turn it around, most likely due to the wages and his lack of contribution. He's scored a total of 3 goals for us so far, with one of those being from last season. That's awful. I really, really hope that he can kick on this season because we need an attacking player with his quality. But, at the moment, I would say that he's the worst of the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.