Sancho needs our support

Quinze

He’s following a predetermined training plan put in place by the manager and his staff. How the feck is that unacceptable? :houllier:
Predetermined is putting it nicely. This is an emergency plan.

bosniamanutd

for his paycheck i would fly over the pitch..and he needs my support. really?!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What "we" really need is less toxicity by wannabe tough guys like you :) I don't know if you know professional footballers personally but you don't get where they are if you are a "vulnerable bird". Sancho most likely has a much thicker skin than you could ever dream of.
Oh I am very tough indeed. Seriously mate, I hate it to break it to you but well run administrations wouldn't give a feck about what you think or how you feel. All they care about is what you contribute to them. If things continue that path I would be very surprised if Sancho survives another season at United.

Last edited:

devilish

Why even bother mate.

If asking when a footballer will be back after months out, is being an asshole, then there is nothing you can do to save these soft touches.
The hilarious thing is that they actually believe that there are people out there who are happy paying 350k a week to someone whose contribution to the organization he works with is basically Zilc.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The hilarious thing is that they actually believe that there are people out there who are happy paying 350k a week to someone whose contribution to the organization he works with is basically Zilc.
Quit counting that man's pockets. It's not your money. You are a spectator.

devilish

Quit counting that man's pockets. It's not your money. You are a spectator.
It's common sense really. No one pays 350k a week to get nothing out of it. So if you ask me he'll better get his shit sorted soon else he'll be on the way out. Maybe some of his fans can follow him at the door. It did work with Ronaldo.

Big Andy

Bloke
Oh I am very tough indeed. Seriously mate, I hate it to break it to you but well run administrations wouldn't give a feck about what you think or how you feel. All they care about is what you contribute to them. If things continue that path I would be very surprised if Sancho survives another season at United.
Absolute bollocks that. A well run administration would 100% care about employees mental and physical health, especially in football.

A happy player is an effective player, just look at Rashford from last year to this year, and the change in his form can be attributed to him sorting his head out over the summer, and taking a break from football for a few weeks.

If that's what Sancho needs, and he can come back stronger, then what company or administration would say "feck off mate, don't be a fanny" and persist with an employee not able to give 100% to the cause.

devilish

Absolute bollocks that. A well run administration would 100% care about employees mental and physical health, especially in football.

A happy player is an effective player, just look at Rashford from last year to this year, and the change in his form can be attributed to him sorting his head out over the summer, and taking a break from football for a few weeks.

If that's what Sancho needs, and he can come back stronger, then what company or administration would say "feck off mate, don't be a fanny" and persist with an employee not able to give 100% to the cause.
Rashford was ran to the ground by the amateur manager we got from Molde. Everyone knew that he could perform at United. Even then, shit had to be sorted very soon as I very much doubt that he would have survived a barren run lasting more then few months.

Sancho had produced nothing at United. If he continues to this path then I'd be very surprised if he remains especially at a time when money is becoming a problem.

mu4c_20le

Bet you would care if the doctor working on your surgery is having a bad day.

Tommy79

Or maybe they are happy because of him getting a high wage means that with the taxman taking half of it to help keep the police, fire etc in service oh and keeps your tax payout down, so let's write a petition to the pm and demand a lower wage for these demon high paid footballers and a higher tax for you, ya up for it?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
It's common sense really. No one pays 350k a week to get nothing out of it. So if you ask me he'll better get his shit sorted soon else he'll be on the way out. Maybe some of his fans can follow him at the door. It did work with Ronaldo.
Has nothing to do with it. You are counting the money of someone you don't employ. You are a spectator, not an employer.

devilish

Or maybe they are happy because of him getting a high wage means that with the taxman taking half of it to help keep the police, fire etc in service oh and keeps your tax payout down, so let's write a petition to the pm and demand a lower wage for these demon high paid footballers and a higher tax for you, ya up for it?
How on earth does that make sense? Footballers are paid silly money to perform. Once they don't then it becomes a problem. Classic example is the Goat who ended up playing in Saudi now because no one wants him. Sancho had never even dreamt reaching Ronaldo's peak.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
So how long does he get? Is this setting a precedent for players who don’t fancy it or can’t keep themselves fit? If it is mental health issues then football at Manchester United might not be for him, expectations are very high and everyone hates us with the spotlight being very bright.
Top level sport is ruthless and unforgiving. Being mentally strong and having thick skin is needed at this level, especially in these days of social media.

At the end of the day the club have invested £70m+ in to this asset. ETH is giving him as much time as he needs so there can be no excuses upon return. Sancho has to repay that in a big way. What if he returns and in March falls into a rut again, then what?

Last edited:

devilish

Has nothing to do with it. You are counting the money of someone you don't employ. You are a spectator, not an employer.
If you think that any employee liked paying 350k a week to someone who doesn't contribute at all then think again. I hope that sancho hit the ground running and he doesn't become yet another of Ole's silly signings. But he is on borrowed time. Its common sense really. No one likes paying anyone silly salaries for not performing

devilish

I assume your personal workplace experiences are from offices or factories, I used a hospital instead
I assure you that doctors with mental issues get themselves out of the firing line for the good of their patients and that of themselves (medico legal). That might come with a serious hit on their pockets. I know cause I have a mate who had passed from that ordeal.

Football is on a different universe to that. I struggle to understand how both can even be comparable

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
If you think that any employee liked paying 350k a week to someone who doesn't contribute at all then think again. I hope that sancho hit the ground running and he doesn't become yet another of Ole's silly signings. But he is on borrowed time
I don't know what point you are trying to make, but the point still stands. You are a spectator. Stay in your lane.

mu4c_20le

I assure you that doctors with mental issues get themselves out of the firing line for the good of their patients and that of themselves (medico legal). That might come with a serious hit on their pockets. I know cause I have a mate who had passed from that ordeal.

Football is on a different universe to that. I struggle to understand how both can even be comparable
It was the extreme end of the spectrum, the point is that performance matters. In a factory, the worst case scenario is probably a defective phone for some poor bastard. On the pitch, it's poor performances, so there's a reason why most serious clubs employ a sports psychologist. Unfortunately, I believe your line of thinking belongs in the past, where people should just tough it out and deal with it.

devilish

I don't know what point you are trying to make, but the point still stands. You are a spectator. Stay in your lane.
This is a forum, we tend to discuss things in here. Tbf I sometimes struggle to understand how one can debate something that is common sense. This happens to be one of the cases

devilish

It was the extreme end of the spectrum, the point is that performance matters. In a factory, the worst case scenario is probably a defective phone for some poor bastard. On the pitch, it's poor performances, so there's a reason why most serious clubs employ a sports psychologist. Unfortunately, I believe your line of thinking belongs in the past, where people should just tough it out and deal with it.
so you think that organisations are happy paying underperformers (or non performers) 350k a week? Why didn't we kept Veron? Why are we probably selling Maguire in the summer? Why Ronaldo switched from the most desirable player in football to a saudi team player?

It's not about players toughen up or not. Actually that rarely really work. It's about them performing. No one cares if Rashford cries himself to sleep or Messi's wife spanks him during half time. All they care about is performance That's what matters. If they don't then they are sold. The higher the salary the less the tolerance.

jackal&hyde

for his paycheck i would fly over the pitch..and he needs my support. really?!
If you ever had very hard times in life and needed some time of, then know that there are people not having to eat let alone internet to post on forums that would have killed to be in your place.

johndurham49

so you think that organisations are happy paying underperformers (or non performers) 350k a week? Why didn't we kept Veron? Why are we probably selling Maguire in the summer? Why Ronaldo switched from the most desirable player in football to a saudi team player?

It's not about players toughen up or not. Actually that rarely really work. It's about them performing. No one cares if Rashford cries himself to sleep or Messi's wife spanks him during half time. All they care about is performance That's what matters. If they don't then they are sold. The higher the salary the less the tolerance.
actually health and family matter more

Sviken

Technically he is the employer. Or you think the Glazers pay Sancho out of their own pockets? Give me a break.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
This is a forum, we tend to discuss things in here. Tbf I sometimes struggle to understand how one can debate something that is common sense. This happens to be one of the cases
You can debate whatever you want, but counting another man's pockets in this case is poor form. "I think he's overpaid" is much different than "He makes X amount of money. We shouldn't feel sympathy for him and he should just get on with it".

I hope you see the difference.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Technically he is the employer. Or you think the Glazers pay Sancho out of their own pockets? Give me a break.
This is just flat-out wrong. If you think being a customer or spectator means you are the employer I have no idea what to tell you.

devilish

You can debate whatever you want, but counting another man's pockets in this case is poor form. "I think he's overpaid" is much different than "He makes X amount of money. We shouldn't feel sympathy for him and he should just get on with it".

I hope you see the difference.
I don't think he is overpaid. However he will have to perform. If not, then I believe he will soon be shown the door. I can't believe that that I can to discuss this. It's really a water is wet situation here

Sviken

This is just flat-out wrong. If you think being a customer or spectator means you are the employer I have no idea what to tell you.
How do you think the club makes its money and pays the wages of its employees? Money simply falls from the sky?

RORY65

How do you think the club makes its money and pays the wages of its employees? Money simply falls from the sky?
Am I the boss of Sainsbury's staff then? Being a customer (in this case a supporter) isn't the same as being an employer, you used the word "technically" when what you said was the exact opposite of technically correct.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
People keep bringing up fitness as the issue. Well, a 22 year old should be able to get in great shape in 3 or 4 weeks max. I know I did it during my college years and I wasn't an elite athlete like Sancho.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The club makes money through a lot of activities, one of those being money taken directly or indirectly from customers/spectators, but in no way does this make you his employer. To suggest that is ludicrous.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I don't think he is overpaid. However he will have to perform. If not, then I believe he will soon be shown the door. I can't believe that that I can to discuss this. It's really a water is wet situation here
But you don't think rich people deserve sympathy and you can judge them for not "manning-up". Which is what we are talking about.

RORY65

People keep bringing up fitness as the issue. Well, a 22 year old should be able to get in great shape in 3 or 4 weeks max. I know I did it during my college years and I wasn't an elite athlete like Sancho.
We honestly don't know what is going on with Sancho, partially because the club are correctly being discreet and even when Ten Hag has divulged some information it's not that clear what he means because his English isn't great. Whatever it is the club have a player who they know has talent which he hasn't really shown at any stage at United and so have decided to take this course of action with the belief it can get him back on track.

It's obviously frustrating as we have a lot of games and more options would be useful and because it's not clear what the problem is but if it means we get a better version of Jadon Sancho moving forward then it's worth it. If there isn't an uptick in his performances then we obviously have a major problem regardless of what approach they took. If it's just a fitness thing then you might be right but we don't know enough.

Sviken

Am I the boss of Sainsbury's staff then? Being a customer (in this case a supporter) isn't the same as being an employer, you used the word "technically" when what you said was the exact opposite of technically correct.
Football club isn't like running a tech business, ffs. You don't buy a United shirt because you think it looks cool and you plan to run around with it in your everyday life, you do it to support the club. Whether you want to call it an employer or whatever else you want, fans should still have a say in how the club is run.

The club makes money through a lot of activities, one of those being money taken directly or indirectly from customers/spectators, but in no way does this make you his employer. To suggest that is ludicrous.
Club makes money from a lot of activities and they are all based on how popular United is and how large of a fanbase it has. United doesn't get sponsorships just because, it gets them because the sponsors then expect to make money off from the fans who would buy those products. And not just the fans themselves but overall exposure to others who watch. At the end of the day it's all tied to the fanbase.

Your arguments would make sense if this was City and everything in regards to the financial aspect of the club comes from a single 'businessman', but United is not run like that. The Glazers haven't put a single dime in the club. Quite literally.

devilish

But you don't think rich people deserve sympathy and you can judge them for not "manning-up". Which is what we are talking about.
Where have I said that?

I repeat what I said maybe it is finally understood. No one likes paying a person a huge salary to have him sit around and contribute nothing. Thus unless Sancho starts hitting the ground running very soon then I can't see him remaining with United for long especially with the new FFP rules kicking in and with a change of ownership deemed imminent. Its as simple as that.