Sancho needs our support

Sviken

Strawmen and moving goalposts.
Words matter when you’re posting your thoughts on a forum. Employer is not the same as fan, spectator or the other equivocating terms you used to obscure your original point. My rebuttal is that none of us are Jadon Sancho’s employer. Spectator? Now you’re getting it!
No one wants to sue you ffs, if we agree you are not Sancho’s employer in any way shape or form but you’re allowed to voice an opinion on him, then move on.
No, you're just repeating the same thing over and over ad nauseam while still not providing a single argument to your case. Spectator was also said by Mack, I just reiterated that it doesn't matter the word used, all that matters is that everyone here has a right to be dismayed at various things about the club, including players who are paid obscene amount of money while taking vacations in the middle of the season.

These are not relevant distinctions when you ask yourself if you are the employer. You are a fan who contributes to the revenues of Manchester United, but you don't pay anyone directly.
You're taking this quite literally, don't you? The original post was whether devilish had a say in airing his grievances that Sancho is paid a heck of a lot by the club, yet has contributed virtually nothing. And he has the right to do that, especially if he actually gives money to the club. Again, it doesn't matter if literally the Glazers are the ones that pay him the money, that money doesn't come out from the Glazers pockets but from the fans and sponsorships that are directly tied to the fans anyway. That is the reason why I used "technically" in my original post and not "literally".

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hopefully back in the squad soon

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No, you're just repeating the same thing over and over ad nauseam while still not providing a single argument to your case. Spectator was also said by Mack, I just reiterated that it doesn't matter the word used, all that matters is that everyone here has a right to be dismayed at various things about the club, including players who are paid obscene amount of money while taking vacations in the middle of the season.

You're taking this quite literally, don't you? The original post was whether devilish had a say in airing his grievances that Sancho is paid a heck of a lot by the club, yet has contributed virtually nothing. And he has the right to do that, especially if he actually gives money to the club. Again, it doesn't matter if literally the Glazers are the ones that pay him the money, that money doesn't come out from the Glazers pockets but from the fans and sponsorships that are directly tied to the fans anyway. That is the reason why I used "technically" in my original post and not "literally".
It wasn't a grievance but a simple statement which, in my opinion, is common sense. I repeat it again. I doubt that United are happy having to pay 350k a week to a player whose contributing nothing to the team and while they seem to be showing patience for the time being, I very much doubt that they would allow this situation to go on for long.

Since we're stating the obvious, I hope that Sancho make it with United. He's an 80m signing whose still young and he seem quite talented.

Borys's sympathy for Sancho expires

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It's all a bit vague really, so without knowing any of the specifics it's impossible to give any strong opinions one way or the other. It does seem strange but ETH and Sancho seem to be on the same page so whatever is going on, best to just let it run its course and see what comes out of it.

It's easy to make assumptions about his situation but in reality we know feck all.
Well I have no problem with taking him out for whatever is the reason.

That said, I think there must be a really strong reason to keep Sancho out for so long in a season like this one. We've been doing quite well recently and he wasn't missed, but with the coming games and more than likely a few bad results, the fans might very quickly turn against Sancho.
At this point I think there should be some explanation to the fans what's happening. I'm not feeling any more sympathetic at this point.

We need his support actually.
Was just about to post that. Antony has not been doing well recently, I also think he's being put under too much pressure. This is a good time for a return, the team is flying, Wout is joining (we could use someone who can cross the ball), a lot of big games in front of us. We need Sancho.

United Hobbit

Do we actually know the official reason he's not available?

Don't think I've seen anything officially announced (like DVB) for example

It would have been really useful to have him available as an option given our heavy schedule.

crossy1686

career ending
He deleted his Instagram before he went off which is a sure sign something wasn't right but I mean come on, he's practically retired at this point, there's going to be a media shit storm when he comes back. It's not like he can just start on Wednesday and no one's going to ask questions.

Devil81

12 weeks out with no injury. Even if it was fitness issues that surely could have been sorted in weeks not three months.

Something serious has either happened or going on.

That rumour on here about a failed drug test within the club, the longer this goes on the more plausible that rumour becomes for me, I see no other reason he'd be missing for this length of time.

Gazza

He deleted his Instagram before he went off which is a sure sign something wasn't right but I mean come on, he's practically retired at this point, there's going to be a media shit storm when he comes back. It's not like he can just start on Wednesday and no one's going to ask questions.
A media shitstorm? What, like some people talking about it on Twitter and on TV? This isn't the massive story that some make it out to be. There will be interest, curiosity and scrutiny, he'll have to try his best to get through it, and then if things go well it will have all been forgotten about within a matter of days or weeks. Practically retired!

crossy1686

career ending
A media shitstorm? What, like some people talking about it on Twitter and on TV? This isn't the massive story that some make it out to be. There will be interest, curiosity and scrutiny, he'll have to try his best to get through it, and then if things go well it will have all been forgotten about within a matter of days or weeks. Practically retired!
Forgotten about? How many times has a player taken a sabbatical in the middle of a season and it's then forgotten about? Lingard still hasn't stopped getting questions about mental health and that was about 5 years ago. This lads gone from England international, massive transfer fee, huge talent to training on his own in Holland because his heads not right.

You're right actually, I'm sure no one is going to care...

Gazza

Forgotten about? How many times has a player taken a sabbatical in the middle of a season and it's then forgotten about? Lingard still hasn't stopped getting questions about mental health and that was about 5 years ago. This lads gone from England international, massive transfer fee, huge talent to training on his own in Holland because his heads not right.

You're right actually, I'm sure no one is going to care...
That's pretty clearly not what I said. I am not sure why you feel the need to misquote me and with such an arsey tone.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
12 weeks out with no injury. Even if it was fitness issues that surely could have been sorted in weeks not three months.

That rumour on here about a failed drug test within the club, the longer this goes on the more plausible that rumour becomes for me, I see no other reason he'd be missing for this length of time.
You've not picked up on the mental side of things? Not from a whole thread about it, and comments from the club saying he's not quite right at the moment?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Going to need him to get himself sorted out ASAP, this season could be about to get serious. Come on Jadon you got this.

Roboc7

I’ve written him off for the season, anything now would be a bonus, clearly he has a significant issue. Expecting him to overcome that and also rediscover his form from a different club nearly 18 months ago all seems very unlikely.

Andy_Cole

I heard his mate died or something and he’s taken it really hard.

Vapor trail

Don't think the public knowledge of the reason for his absence is important, there's clearly a very good reason given he's not been suspended by the club and has the support of the manager. This surely would have played out differently if it was something that warranted disciplinary measures and would have involved third party associates (drug test) which would prompt the club to make an official statement.

The best scenario for both Sancho and the club is the very situation at present. He is eventually coming back into a team where he has to fight for his position as opposed to being a pivotal first team member where the longer it takes the more scrutiny / criticism he would come under due to declining team performances. Garnacho / Rashford have been excellent, hopefully Sancho comes in and makes a key contribution for the upcoming fixtures.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Don't think the public knowledge of the reason for his absence is important, there's clearly a very good reason given he's not been suspended by the club and has the support of the manager. This surely would have played out differently if it was something that warranted disciplinary measures and would have involved third party associates (drug test) which would prompt the club to make an official statement.

The best scenario for both Sancho and the club is the very situation at present. He is eventually coming back into a team where he has to fight for his position as opposed to being a pivotal first team member where the longer it takes the more scrutiny / criticism he would come under due to declining team performances. Garnacho / Rashford have been excellent, hopefully Sancho comes in and makes a key contribution for the upcoming fixtures.
I think he was feeling genuinely not great mentally/physically but handling the situation very well as far as giving himself and the club the best option, as obviously he was unfit so this allows him to contribute more eventually and hopefully bigger rather than being crap all the time

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Going to need him to get himself sorted out ASAP, this season could be about to get serious. Come on Jadon you got this.
You can really see now the amount of workrate, desire and intensity the new manager expects from his players. Sancho has never looked like that at any point since he’s arrived so I think the manager was right to pull him out. I’m really looking forward to him coming back rested refreshed and with a major point to prove. He’s obviously an excellent footballer, he just needed to get his hunger back, like Rashford. I think he could have a very good next few months here. He’ll be getting ball on the turnover a lot more often from
Casemiro and Fred and better quality and variety of ball from our danish midfield maestro. I can see him starting to look like a proper dangerous forward again.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Casemiro and Fred and better quality and variety of ball from our danish midfield maestro. I can see him starting to look like a proper dangerous forward again
Yes. That's a good moment to come back to the team for Sancho. Right wing is up for grabs too.

I do think keeping him out for longer (and with no explanation whatsoever) will put more pressure on him once he's back. Unless we are willing to give him time until next season.

Alemar

Yes. That's a good moment to come back to the team for Sancho. Right wing is up for grabs too.
But his return is impossible without him being in full training first, for at least several training sessions.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I‘m sure he will find some excellent form under ETH. However, difficult to get back into the team, as on the RW, you have Antony, maybe Pellestri, sometimes Bruno, or even Rashy as Garnacho is pushing for the LW

Alemar

I‘m sure he will find some excellent form under ETH. However, difficult to get back into the team, as on the RW, you have Antony, maybe Pellestri, sometimes Bruno, or even Rashy as Garnacho is pushing for the LW
But he can deputise for Bruno at CAM role as well. Bruno can be rested say every fourth game. And also some rotation with Antony - hence Sancho will still get enough minutes

crossy1686

career ending
We need him back because Antony needs dropping for a while. He hasn't been up to scratch and we need some competition on that side.

Gurtej

Gosh we need mental health education in schools…. Not only for those who May experience it at a certain point but for all of us to better understand those who experience it…

my GF is having mental health depression since 6 months now and she looks normal to outside world but those close to her really knows what she is going through…

Just have patience, he will come good

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
But he can deputise for Bruno at CAM role as well. Bruno can be rested say every fourth game. And also some rotation with Antony - hence Sancho will still get enough minutes
Can he play CAM? Never seen him play there

crossy1686

career ending
Under ETH I am sure he got that already
I'm sure he has but the competition factor has seen a lot of our average performers perform much better because they know Ten Hag will drop them if their standards drop. We're a bit light on that right side and you would hope Sancho would play there or the left when he comes back.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
But his return is impossible without him being in full training first, for at least several training sessions.
Exactly why I'm getting worried. This guy hasn't played competitive game for 3 months, he's probably a few weeks from being match fit. I also don't think it's best idea to bring him in for the last month when every game is like a final.

Gosh we need mental health education in schools…. Not only for those who May experience it at a certain point but for all of us to better understand those who experience it…

my GF is having mental health depression since 6 months now and she looks normal to outside world but those close to her really knows what she is going through…

See that's the problem, now people start speculating* about what's happening to Sancho and implying mental health issues. This is why I wish the club was communicating with us on what's happening with him and what's the plan.

*unless I missed something and you based this comment on actual info

Who says Sancho will do better?
It's very likely Sancho will do better then before, simply because most players have improved under Ten Hag. Even slightly improved Sancho can compete with Antony imo. The bar is not that high on RW as it is on LW.

Also, it's not like Sancho was shite, he was OK, sometimes poor but not terrible. Even this Sancho we could use. Really the alternative currently is Elanga or Bruno what is far from ideal.

Last edited:

Counterfactual

Couldn't agree more. I hope you're GF makes a full recovery. Patience is everything.

Regarding Sancho, I have no idea what's going on, but it's good to see he was at the match. I trust ETH to handle it properly. I think he's done incredibly well with the multiple hurdles he's faced.

vanrooney

whatever it is, just give him the time. there are things in the world that are more important than football/your job. even from a football perspective alone it could be favourable for us. he will come back at some point and will have less games in his feets for the second part of the season. eth will manage this perfectly, that i am sure of.

Dan_F

See that's the problem, now people start speculating* about what's happening to Sancho and implying mental health issues. This is why I wish the club was communicating with us on what's happening with him and what's the plan.

*unless I missed something and you based this comment on actual info
I disagree. I think Ten Hag has done very well to try and take the spotlight off him, although it helps that the team is winning.

Look at what happened to Kalvin Phillips yesterday to see an example of why it’s better to keep it in house. Maybe Pep thought it would motivate him, but having a whole stand shouting “you fat bastard” and “show us your tits” has got to be pretty brutal.