SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
stayed at my mums this weekend. (Literally unavoidable)

brother and mum now showing symptoms.
Ive started coughing.
Self isolation it is

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
It's a vanilla situation compared to what most of us face everyday. It's pretty ideal if you want to avoid the virus in relative terms.

He's in the Bay Area which has a massive density of population who are going to be frantically scrambling when this thing really starts to hit. I wouldn't ever choose to be in a major US population centre when things start to go tits up.

Fener1907

based on this(part B), unless you were extremely precise, you'd also eliminate dogs, cats, anteaters, horses, zebras, rhinos, whales, pigs, deer, camels, cows, and sheep :lol:
Crikey. Okay, what if we just blast some Adele into the caves which would be like giving them a human virus as payback.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Targetting individual Chinese people is wrong.

But it can't be denied that the Chinese government is directly responsible for this. Not just because they allowed the wet markets to be reopened, but because they then actively went about covering up the outbreak.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Haha, always mate :lol: We're all working from home until further notice which frees up at least 2-3 hours of my day, so was really hoping to get a daily run fitted into my schedule in the next few weeks.

How's it been in South Africa? Hope you guys stay safe out there!
:lol: that’s good to hear. I’ll probably start working from home next week Monday or so. Otherwise all good man. I’m worried about this country (the informal settlements and the homeless especially) if/when this virus really takes off. HIV, TB etc. & the elderly. Things could get ugly. Otherwise we’re alright man. Keeping safe. Keeping to ourselves etc.

Send our regards to the missus & keep safe out there.

Classical Mechanic

He's in the Bay Area which has a massive density of population who are going to be frantically scrambling when this thing really starts to hit. I wouldn't ever choose to be in a major US population centre when things start to go tits up.
I mean purely on a chance of catching it basis when the only people he sees are takeaway delivery men. I come in to contact with loads of people everyday and work in an office with lots of people with poor hygiene practices.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The skies are full of bats in central Sydney and millions of people live there. You can't get much more contact than that.

Are you saying categorically that the people in Wuhan eating bat on a stick are not to blame.
Of course you can get much more contact, keep in mind the population of China and the fact that a large part of the country is made of forests and jungles. There is a lot more chances of indirect interactions with exotic wildlife in China than most countries. And as far as we know it's an infected animal and not a bat that is directly to blame whether that animal, rumored to be a pangolin, got it from a bat is only speculative.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
This is huge news. Well done to the government - this will save thousands of businesses and hundreds of thousands, if not millions of jobs.

The Firestarter

I know, but starvation is hardly an option. I don’t touch them, and then wash my hands immediately. I know it is not an ideal situation.
Do you have to interact with them ? Just tell them to leave the bags in front of your door.

Deery

Dreary
Is this money coming from pension funds or something wait and see the pension age go up to 70 now

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Nice, but genuine question, where does this money come from? We've heard it said for years there's no magic money tree etc.
It’s clear there is they just weren’t handing it out. Dicks.

432JuanMata

Is this money coming from pension funds or something wait and see the pension age go up to 70 now
Sure it’s sad to say but there will be a lot of pensions to be paid when this is said and done worldwide. A lot of elderly people will pass

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
To people in UK:

Im outside UK right now (Phuket, where its calm and very low reduced instances . Do you think its likely UK will shut down all entry into country including its own citizens abroad. I am a UK citizen.

My flight back is 25th March an am happy where I am.

Not sure of I should bring date forward. Serious advice/opinion greatly received.

Last edited:

redshaw

Italy
3526 cases (total 31506)
345 deaths (total 2503)

Also critical condition went from 18xx to 2060

New numbers from Italy. 3526/345
~150 of those are from yesterday. For the past 4 days Italy has topped out at 3400-3500 cases per day with a very slight reduction the last couple of days. Hopefully this is the start of a trend reversal.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Anyone know anything about this 15-minute testing kit being developed in Ireland? If it’s reliable and can be mass produced quickly it could be quite helpful - https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.ind...onfirms-infection-in-15-minutes-39046582.html
I think I misspoke in the thread earlier that these types of tests would not be particularly useful. While I think their sensitivity will never parallel PCR based tests these less sensitive rapid point of care tests could help in getting people isolated quickly.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
To people in UK:

Im outside UK right now and UK citizen. Do you think its likely UK will shut down all entry into country including its own citizens abroad.

Not sure of I should bring date forward. Serious advice/opinion greatly received.
Dunno where you are, but I wish I was still in Singapore, but had to come back to the UK due to work and my cat. I'd stay out of here as long as you can in all seriousness.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Funny thing is that there is probably some indigenous tribe in the Amazon going about their daily life without problems.

This is a failure of modern globalized society in ways, as much as the good that such a system does.

432JuanMata

What people don’t understand is most countries in Europe are catching up on Italy with loads reporting over 300+ a day now Spain and Germany over 1000, people don’t die on the day they go into ICU and after a few days pass away. Italy are steady at the moment(though high) all countries are on the up

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Government promising all this money to business’s is all well and good but I’m not convinced many owners will use them as intended. I’m sure many will still put their staff on unpaid leave/minimum wage and keep some profit for themselves. Hopefully the money filters down to the staff as it should.

marktan

To people in UK:

Im outside UK right now and UK citizen. Do you think its likely UK will shut down all entry into country including its own citizens abroad.

Very unlikely they'll stop entry for UK citizens abroad, don't think that'll be legally allowed?

My sister's in Columbia and coming back in 2 weeks, the worry she has is that Columbia closes their borders to foreigners, which causes a big reduction in flights coming in to Columbia, and subsequently as a result they send less planes out for money reasons and so her flight may get cancelled. Not sure how likely that scenario though