SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This has popped up a few times on my twitter feed today

From seemingly fine to passing away within 10 days :(

His last few Tweets are so painfully sad to read now. May he rest in peace.

redshaw

Was it heart related? Seeing a lot of that with people on the mend, still some uncertainty if it attacks the heart or most likely through cytokine storm and organ damage.

Really sad news. Gone well before his time with a baby and girlfriend left behind.

Last edited:

King Eric 7

The daily death toll looks like it could be the lowest of the month so far, right? Hoping to see a nice downward trend this week but concerned about what midweek will bring, as usual.

redshaw

The daily death toll looks like it could be the lowest of the month so far, right? Hoping to see a nice downward trend this week but concerned about what midweek will bring, as usual.
Yes it could be the lowest since March 31st, we also have two mondays in the past month at ~440 with huge numbers either side so lets be cautious. This being the fifth week of lockdown should start to show a lower trend, maybe in the 400-600 range.

Alabaster Codify7

Yes it could be the lowest since March 31st, we also have two mondays in the past month at ~440 with huge numbers either side so lets be cautious. This being the fifth week of lockdown should start to show a lower trend, maybe in the 400-600 range.

Yeah, I'm expecting a leap tomorrow but anything less than 750-800 would be a drop from the same time last week. I doubt it unfortunately, I still expect to see a couple of huge figures this week.

RK

Yeah, I'm expecting a leap tomorrow but anything less than 750-800 would be a drop from the same time last week. I doubt it unfortunately, I still expect to see a couple of huge figures this week.
I'm expecting ~370 reported today (for Sunday) and ~700 tomorrow. A lot of uncertainty but it will be that kind of jump.
It doesn't feel good 'forecasting' deaths in any direction..

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
It really is time BMI was replaced with a better indicator. My perfect weight is about 75kg, I'd barely have the strength to stand if i actually was that.
It serves the purpose it was designed for.

How tall are you? Someone could be 6ft+ and be great at 75kg.

UnrelatedPsuedo

If you think you looked "painfully thin" as a 6ft tall, 13st man then you could do with meeting some actual skinny people as it sounds like your perception is a bit off. A lot of people are hella skinnier than that.
People have no idea about weight. At all.

Alabaster Codify7

I'm expecting ~370 reported today (for Sunday) and ~700 tomorrow. A lot of uncertainty but it will be that kind of jump.
It doesn't feel good 'forecasting' deaths in any direction..

Same. That would still be an improvement on last week though, which we will all take at this moment.

It serves the purpose it was designed for.

How tall are you? Someone could be 6ft+ and be great at 75kg.
6'2". Some people would be ok but i have a big frame, I haven't been anywhere near 75kg since i was in my early teens.

UnrelatedPsuedo

6'2". Some people would be ok but i have a big frame, I haven't been anywhere near 75kg since i was in my early teens.
Take a look at Middleweight boxers. They’re ripped to shit, 6ft plus and weighing 70-75kg.

When people say they would be (or have felt like they were) ‘wasting away and tired’ at a low weight that’s not a product of the weight. It’s due to incorrect fuelling, over exertion and lack of adjustment.

My weight has ranged from 65kg to 85kg as an adult male. 5ft 8in. I’ve felt insanely great at both ends of that scale. I’ve also felt like dogs hit at somewhere near both ends.

Take a look at Middleweight boxers. They’re ripped to shit, 6ft plus and weighing 70-75kg.

When people say they would be (or have felt like they were) ‘wasting away and tired’ at a low weight that’s not a product of the weight. It’s due to incorrect fuelling, over exertion and lack of adjustment.

My weight has ranged from 65kg to 85kg as an adult male. 5ft 8in. I’ve felt insanely great at both ends of that scale. I’ve also felt like dogs hit at somewhere near both ends.
So are heavyweights.

I've played sport at levels that allowed me access to training and weight management programs. 75kg is not a weight i could ever get to and maintain comfortably. Some people are just different.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
The whole COVID-conspiracy theory (i.e. exaggeration and cover-ups) is gaining tremendous traction in South Africa... Is this perception common in the rest of the world?

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Thinking about a boxers fighting weight is a pretty terrible way of working out ‘normal’ height to weight ratios. You can add on several kg just by replacing the fluid they lost before the weigh-in.

alsabi

UK hospital deaths up 360 since yesterday, numbers in hospital continuing to decline

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Well, he did have it and does no better than most. Also do you think Cameron wasn't grateful to the NHS?
When he was asked to comment on his party's treatment of the NHS every question time he wouldn't give an answer and would instead just say he was grateful because of such and such. It was his go-to response which, yes, is bullshit and, yes, does show that he really didn't give much of a shit about the NHS.

Something i haven't seen since February, one of the provinces in Lombardy has posted no new infections for today. Not mine, but still. They probably had to make a new graphic for it :lol:

UnrelatedPsuedo

So are heavyweights.

I've played sport at levels that allowed me access to training and weight management programs. 75kg is not a weight i could ever get to and maintain comfortably. Some people are just different.
Heavyweights are never as lean as controlled weights. They just find their sweet spot, weight wise, and roll with it.

Certainly not going to be the dick on the internet that tells you that you don’t know how you feel. I know naff all about you.

But the huge majority of people have no concept of what weight sees them at their peak output, sport by sport though. Again, 100% not suggesting it’s you, but most of that majority is trapped by dogma, not science, when it comes to what their ‘Healthy weight’ is.

Smores

Despite his inability to blink Hancock has been okay in some of his more recent showings, seems to come across a bit more empathetic in tone and message.

He just clearly threw in that the PM had promised 250k as a feck you to those briefing against him

Last edited:

Adamsk7

I’m calling bollox on that. I’m 6’ 2” and exactly 13 stone. I’m definitely not “painfully thin”. Maybe when I was in my teens. When I was about 2 stone lighter.
It depends on the person though. I am quite muscular and have wide shoulders, a big arse (that won’t be small even with zero fat) and chicken legs. 13 stone for me, even though I’m 2ins shorter than you, shows my ribs, hip bones and more veins which again on me, does look painfully thin.
other people can carry a slim, thin look much better. I’m not one of them.

My point is, BMI in 2020 is redundant so if over 70% are considered overweight on that scale, then it doesn’t tell us much!

UnrelatedPsuedo

Thinking about a boxers fighting weight is a pretty terrible way of working out ‘normal’ height to weight ratios. You can add on several kg just by replacing the fluid they lost before the weigh-in.
True, but it’s an easy reference point that most can google. It’s also anchored to a very muscular image. Better to pick Boxers than runners for example.

Heavyweights are never as lean as controlled weights. They just find their sweet spot, weight wise, and roll with it.

Certainly not going to be the dick on the internet that tells you that you don’t know how you feel. I know naff all about you.

But the huge majority of people have no concept of what weight sees them at their peak output, sport by sport though. Again, 100% not suggesting it’s you, but most of that majority is trapped by dogma, not science, when it comes to what their ‘Healthy weight’ is.
Could i have reduced weight? Yes. But 75kg would have been counter productive and 64kg would be out of the question.

You can look at footballers if you want to see a good idea of a peak weight for a given height. Our senior 6 footers range between 72kg and 88kg (excluding Maguire, who cannot really be 98kg as per his FIFA stats).

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Could i have reduced weight? Yes. But 75kg would have been counter productive and 64kg would be out of the question.

You can look at footballers if you want to see a good idea of a peak weight for a given height. Our senior 6 footers range between 72kg and 88kg (excluding Maguire, who cannot really be 98kg as per his FIFA stats).
His massive head probably counts for about 20kg of that 98kg.

fergieisold

When he was asked to comment on his party's treatment of the NHS every question time he wouldn't give an answer and would instead just say he was grateful because of such and such. It was his go-to response which, yes, is bullshit and, yes, does show that he really didn't give much of a shit about the NHS.
It's politics, it's just the way politicians behave. The idea Cameron isn't grateful is absurd.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Not much discussion here about the current briefing (I understand people are bored of them now)

The government announced this morning that one question a day would come from a member of the public, 1500 questions have been put forward and the one that got through the "independent poll" was 'can we hug our grandchildren' ? :rolleyes:

Seriously that was the best question ?

hobbers

The government announced this morning that one question a day would come from a member of the public, 1500 questions have been put forward and the one that got through the "independent poll" was 'can we hug our grandchildren' ? :rolleyes:

Seriously that was the best question ?
This is the great british public, it's a very low bar.

Kopral Jono

Was it heart related? Seeing a lot of that with people on the mend, still some uncertainty if it attacks the heart or most likely through cytokine storm and organ damage.

Really sad news. Gone well before his time with a baby and girlfriend left behind.
IIRC, here in Indonesia there've been at least two instances where discharged, given-the-all-clear corona patients went on to die from heart failure/attack a few days after as they were recuperating from home. I'd say it's too much of a coincidence for it not to be related from the initial infection.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Is this for real?

also on a different note has anyone verified the tweet about the alerts relating to kids?

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Is this for real?

also on a different note has anyone verified the tweet about the alerts relating to kids?
Didn't seem to be one question about it at the press briefing, I requested a question on this subject today and as I posted above 'can I hug my grandchildren?' got picked instead.