g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Red Panda

Sorry to hear that and thanks for taking one for the team. No help to you of course but I believe the risk of thrombosis from COVID infection is far higher (not to mention the other health outcomes). And is it getting better? I guess a complication is that this is so rare because it took such an unprecedented vaccination program to be able to identify and study it, so there is only "normal" thrombosis to rely on for history/treatment, and I don't think they know why it is even rarer with the mRNA vaccines.
Hi Wibble. Thanks for your kind words. It is a lot better and I'm very thankful for that. I was put on some strong drugs. One was called Eltrombopag and although the side effects were a bit iffy, it worked and brought my red blood cell count up to just under normal levels. I haven't developed any plaque though, which good.

As I say, there's a lot worse off than me not least the poor folks whose loved ones died from covid or the vaccine complications.

In that YouTube video above the GP and the MP seem to suggest the AstraZeneca vaccines efficacy was over stated and there's a possible link to the excess death issue. I have an idea this story will go on for quite some time.

Red Panda

Just wondering whether there was any known issue with low platelet counts as a side effect of AZ?
That's what happened to me, its called Thrombocytopenia, specificallyfor me Vaccine Induced Immuno Thrombocytopenia Purpora. My immune system didn't like the first AstraZeneca vaccine and my body went on a path of not producing anywhere near enough blood platelets. It showed itself by giving me huge multi coloured bruises. I'm very fortunate that the situation was caught in time and that my really low platelet count started to go back up. I was having three blood tests a week for around two months. The problem means that for some poor folk they suffered bleeding in the brain and then died. I think there was also some kind of clotting issue in the brain as well but can't remember what it is.The risk of stroke is heightened for people such as me and I'm told the Thrombocytopenia is chronic.

Don't Kill Bill

That's what happened to me, its called Thrombocytopenia, specificallyfor me Vaccine Induced Immuno Thrombocytopenia Purpora. My immune system didn't like the first AstraZeneca vaccine and my body went on a path of not producing anywhere near enough blood platelets. It showed itself by giving me huge multi coloured bruises. I'm very fortunate that the situation was caught in time and that my really low platelet count started to go back up. I was having three blood tests a week for around two months. The problem means that for some poor folk they suffered bleeding in the brain and then died. I think there was also some kind of clotting issue in the brain as well but can't remember what it is.The risk of stroke is heightened for people such as me and I'm told the Thrombocytopenia is chronic.
Thanks for the reply, My sister in law appears to have this also.