Jamal Khashoggi Murder | Ordered Directly by MBS

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Imo, it's pretty clear what has happened here. Jamal Khashoggi, a critic of the royal family entered the Saudi Arabia embassy in Istanbul, over a week ago and no one has seen him since. The Saudis claim he left the embassy but all cameras in the building were down, so can't prove it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Would be insane if they literally killed him in the embassy. I mean, what the feck? In the embassy?

Cloud7

When you see stories like this and the one about the Interpol head going missing in China, the world can really be a terrifying place sometimes.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Would be insane if they literally killed him in the embassy. I mean, what the feck? In the embassy?
Possibly not the first time:

2cents

Scout
Tom Friedman...

The Firestarter

Wouldn't be surprised if it's in their "laws" that they could execute anyone of their nationals without trial for "treasonous behaviour".

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
When you see stories like this and the one about the Interpol head going missing in China, the world can really be a terrifying place sometimes.
Throw in he Russians doing whatever they like. The world has become a very dangerous place. I’m beginning to think preppers have the right idea

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Throw in he Russians doing whatever they like. The world has become a very dangerous place. I’m beginning to think preppers have the right idea
Think things like these are reported beacuase they're becoming more and more unusual. Just look at Communist Russia for example. Things were a lot worse in the 20th century.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I thought the new King/Prince was supposed to be a moderate?
He has taken a page out of western "liberal" leaders who earn their credentials by being socially liberals but economically and politically continue to maintain the status quo or worsen it. Basically the Obama prototype.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Think things like these are reported beacuase they're becoming more and more unusual. Just look at Communist Russia for example. Things were a lot worse in the 20th century.
Don’t disturb me I’m gathering bottles of water

Kaos

I thought the new King/Prince was supposed to be a moderate?
Yeah perhaps a moderate compared to Genghis Khan or Skeletor. Ask the people of Yemen or his Islamist allies in Syria what they think of his moderate credentials. He’s still another belligerent, sectarian Saudi royal regardless of how many Wrestlemanias he hosts in Riyadh or whether he’s ‘gifted’ women the right to drive.

The Purley King

Isn't an embassy land which is owned by the country? i.e. the US embassy in London is technically on US soil? So may as well kill him there as anywhere else.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Yeah perhaps a moderate compared to Genghis Khan or Skeletor. Ask the people of Yemen or his Islamist allies in Syria what they think of his moderate credentials. He’s still another belligerent, sectarian Saudi royal regardless of how many Wrestlemanias he hosts in Riyadh or whether he’s ‘gifted’ women the right to drive.
I’m not his fan in the slightest, I think he’s doing this liberalization thing so people can turn a blind eye to his killings but I’m sure he justifies it by thinking when the U.S wanted to start needless wars no one stopped them from killing civilians

2cents

Scout

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
If you think Obama did nothing economically (and quoting him as a "liberal" as to suggest he wasn't an actual one) then good for you too.
He did not do the most critical thing required as an economy policy after the 2008 crisis. No one from banking industry was held accountable, no big structural changes were made to the system bar a single legislation. They got their bails out and then carried on as before.
He increased the drone strikes by US military across the globe and order assasination of US citizen. People carry about deportations under Trump but they increased by a lot under Obama too.
I double quoted liberal becase labels are useless. You can believe him to be whatever. Objectivelly he is a miles better leader than Saudi dictator but in context of US politics he did not deliver on his "Hope and Change" promise. Saudi dictator has dangled some social reforms in front of the world to attain legitimacy but has carried on with brutal acts elsewhere.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He did not do the most critical thing required as an economy policy after the 2008 crisis. No one from banking industry was held accountable, no big structural changes were made to the system bar a single legislation. They got their bails out and then carried on as before.
He increased the drone strikes by US military across the globe and order assasination of US citizen. People carry about deportations under Trump but they increased by a lot under Obama too.
I double quoted liberal becase labels are useless. You can believe him to be whatever. Objectivelly he is a miles better leader than Saudi dictator but in context of US politics he did not deliver on his "Hope and Change" promise. Saudi dictator has dangled some social reforms in front of the world to attain legitimacy but has carried on with brutal acts elsewhere.
Out of curiosity which state do you live in

rotherham_red

Also the women who campaigned for the right to drive have been getting locked up since the news of the change of law went global. I find it laughable people in the West think he's a liberal. He's just as power hungry as the rest, and the amount of people who have been jailed or worse, has only been increasing... Just shows how easy it is to pull the wool over people's eyes in the West, tbh...

2cents

Scout
Sounds like they may have chopped him up and taken him back to Saudi.
This rumor is gaining traction, more details being added:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That is fecked up. It's even more fecked when you think that those ordering this type of thing are just a group of people in charge of some stuff, and he's just writing some words about it that they don't like.

CA_vampire

There are people who criticize the western democracies. Unfortunately, this is the main alternative. Regimes that kill whoever criticizes them.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Isn't an embassy land which is owned by the country? i.e. the US embassy in London is technically on US soil? So may as well kill him there as anywhere else.
Don't think the same applies to consulates.

Cloud7

Just came across this as well. Adds a layer of heartbreak to a terrifying story. Apparently they were due to be married :(

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He only went in there to finalise his divorce papers. Was killed, chopped to pieces and flown out within the day. Grim as feck.