5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oranges038

Fairly invisible in the first half when Utd were well on top.

Second half better, made some good blocks and tackles.

Wouldn't class it as a motm performance.

Roboc7

Much better in second half, the usual issues with passing and being available for passes but good defensive contributions. Just need something similar against Everton now.

Eric_the_Red99

Can see why ETH chose him to start today, we needed his physicality in midfield, and his ability to carry the ball out of dangerous positions. I doubt we’d have won if Fred had played in his place.

flappyjay

I would rather have him as the deepest midfielder putting in a shift even if his on the ball abilities are below par. No more number 10 experiments.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Bee telling people Scott booking easiest money you can make.

Good anticipation and defensive work today. Powerful running with the ball on occasion and winning fouls for us. Good performance from Scott.

Bobski

He did well, in a very limited fashion. Covered a lot of ground, wasn't hugely effective in terms of winning the ball but was usually in the right place to cut off attacking space.

There is no fix to his allergy to the ball.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
good in both halves today, looked a good stand in for Casemiro. If we do sell in the summer we need to get a big fee for him.

Valencia Shin Crosses

About as good as we can hope for I think. Some nice dribbles, physicality in some challenges, covered a good bit of ground. He's still lost when it comes to anticipation defensively (this is what makes Casemiro an all timer in that role fwiw) but the things you expect him to do he did very well today.

Andersons Dietician

I just can’t get the number of moves he kills off out of my head. He might have been decent in other aspects today but he either is blind or Just unwilling to try some passes. There were at least 3 today that were obvious passes yet he shys away from them, then there are the terrible positions he takes up when we are in possession and someone is looking to work an angle or just progress the ball.

Its just frustrating.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He blocked couple of shots, that one when he throws himself with an air slide was not too shabby tbf.

edgecutter

Thought he MOTM

Not his biggest fan but credit when credit is due. Excellent
MOTM is a little overkill for that performance. He was decent today, but the back 4 deserve the plaudits for keeping a dangerous Brentford side from creating too much.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Barely touched the ball, barely made any defensive contribution and regularly lost the ball the few times he did manage to touch it. Then people wonder why we consistently look disjointed and lose midfield battles while simultaneously praising that shite.

Bruno made over 3x as many passes, he ran the midfield single handedly while McTominay ran around offering nothing.

Shaw had 30% more touches, he came off in the 36th minute :lol: De Gea had more touches of the ball for fecks sake.

McTominay completed 74% of passes, second worst of outfielders. Made 1 tackle, 0 interceptions.

And people are actually managing to praise this shit :lol:

Abraxas

I think he gets the wooden spoon of our midfielders tonight. Sabitzer was more effective as an 8, and Bruno was more effective at being instrumental in the buildup (although not exactly perfect). McT didn't do a lot. The main memory for me is him flying into that tackle and getting booked.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Barely touched the ball, barely made any defensive contribution and regularly lost the ball the few times he did manage to touch it. Then people wonder why we consistently look disjointed and lose midfield battles while simultaneously praising that shite.

Bruno made over 3x as many passes, he ran the midfield single handedly while McTominay ran around offering nothing.

Shaw had 30% more touches, he came off in the 36th minute :lol: De Gea had more touches of the ball for fecks sake.

McTominay completed 74% of passes, second worst of outfielders. Made 1 tackle, 0 interceptions.

Where are you getting them stats from ? I'm pretty sure I seen him make two in quick succession near the end of the match between 80-90 minutes

PSV

To be fair the Brentford's gameplan must have been marking Scott out of the game. :lol:

I think he must be talking audibly to himself on the pitch because they seemed to know exactly where he was without turning around a lot of the time.

He wasn't awful defensively however, but we need way more from him than this. Bruno was MotM by some distance today.

Elpidios

Energetic and focused today.

As other have pointed out, I also thought he was quiet in the first half but produced some key defensive tackles in the second, which boosted the morale of those around him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Where are you getting them stats from ? I'm pretty sure I seen him make two in quick succession near the end of the match between 80-90 minutes
He definitely intercepted two crosses in quick succession near the end of the game. They were actually very good/important defensive actions. But maybe go down as a block rather than an interception?

Those moments left a good impression but I think it is misleading. His overall performance was pretty poor. Incomplete passes aside he has a maddening habit of putting completed passes just a yard or two wrong, so the recipient has to delay his run. And considering how often he makes less passes than every other player on the pitch that’s a big problem.

Olecurls99

I think he gets the wooden spoon of our midfielders tonight. Sabitzer was more effective as an 8, and Bruno was more effective at being instrumental in the buildup (although not exactly perfect). McT didn't do a lot. The main memory for me is him flying into that tackle and getting booked.
He made a great block and cut out a dangerous cross tbf

Augustus Gloop

He was good. Alongside some decent defensive contributions and good breaks forward, he seemed to win quite a few fouls, such as that one at the end which stifled any chance Brentford had to snatch an equaliser. Amusing how he winds up certain people in this thread, you’d think he does nothing right reading their comments :lol:

Sylar

He did his defensive work really well and got into good positions to snuff out danger.
He's also so much better when he gets the ball and runs instead of trying to pass.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I always said he would do a better make-shift CB rather than CM. Winning headers, getting stuck in, blocking, taking a yellow for the team - that's his thingy.
He can also run with the ball in straight line and ball often falls for him to shoot. I can see a decent CB in him for some teams. Midfielder he is not.
Had an OK game, can see why ETH wanted him there (I actually question more starting Sabitzer over Fred).

jem

Don't think it was MOTM-worthy, but this is the kind of performance we need to regularly provide.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If only he could play like that every time he stepped in for casemiro. Very good performance.

SAF is the GOAT

He had a chance to shot all of us up when he got that cross from Antony and just had to score that chance from inside the box but he didn't. not good enough for me even for the squad, just get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.