5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffFromHK

his body language is always awful, always mark opponents with his back straight like he doesn't fully concentrate and runs with pogbaesque strides like he never sprints. in set pieces he always avoid the duels. fake passion merchant

In Rainbows

his body language is always awful, always mark opponents with his back straight like he doesn't fully concentrate and runs with pogbaesque strides like he never sprints. in set pieces he always avoid the duels. fake passion merchant
That's what I've been saying for a while. For a guy that has the reputation of giving his all, he really doesn't. His workrate is crap.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That's what I've been saying for a while. For a guy that has the reputation of giving his all, he really doesn't. His workrate is crap.
You only need to do couple of random physical battles and tackles against unlikeable players in one on one situations for our fans to think you are giving your all.

Being slowest and laziest getting back defending counter attacks, or escaping of winning duels in crowded places is not important because the camera isn't zooming and replaying those situations. Pogba was less lazy than him when defending counter attacks, but for some reason Scott is regarded as fighter in the team.

El__Jingo

still trying to work out why he was brought on ? offers nothing.. contributed to a goal, and a standard booking. dont think he actually did anything besides that? i really cannot wait for him to leave in the summer

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I don't understand why he got booked for a clean tackle.

ti vu

Nowadays, ref's dumb decision makes football soft.

still trying to work out why he was brought on ? offers nothing.. contributed to a goal, and a standard booking. dont think he actually did anything besides that? i really cannot wait for him to leave in the summer
Weghorst needed to be taken off because he's invisible. And to return Bruno to his natural position. We needed height replacement, which McTominay fit the bill. Also adding another attacker Garnacho means Fred is taken off.

I don't think McTominay contribute positively, but he's not as bad as others for that 30+ minute period. He's unlucky with the yellow, and the goal. He's happened to thrown into the wolves, after many other made a mess of the game.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Really? The follow through what with raising his foot was really unnecessary. Closer to a red than no booking.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
40 million pounds for Scott is more than fair.
PL proven, entering his prime. Put it the other way around and we'd be asked for the same price.
They have money, if they want him that bad, they can spend.

Skills

Snitch
He's played just 36% of the available minutes so far this season.

But we've conceded 18/35 goals this season, while he was on the pitch - 51.4%.

2 vs Brighton
1 vs LFC
1 vs Arsenal
4 vs Man City
1 vs Chelsea (pen he gave away)
1 vs Fulham
1 vs Palace
3 vs Arsenal
4 vs Liverpool

JeffFromHK

2 vs Brighton
1 vs LFC
1 vs Arsenal
4 vs Man City
1 vs Fulham
1 vs Palace
3 vs Arsenal
4 vs Liverpool
he has two very very big problems:
1. he basically offers nothing in protecting the edge of our own box. Most of his tackles/interceptions are done high up in the field, if the opponents get into our final third, McTominay is just a moving cone or a fouling machine

2. he never makes any change in speed or direction to receive passes, the result of which is that he always look to be "hiding" from the ball

Apokalips

he has two very very big problems:
1. he basically offers nothing in protecting the edge of our own box. Most of his tackles/interceptions are done high up in the field, if the opponents get into our final third, McTominay is just a moving cone or a fouling machine

2. he never makes any change in speed or direction to receive passes, the result of which is that he always look to be "hiding" from the ball
I honestly don't understand why some fans think he is good enough for us, especially after watching Casemiro and Eriksen perform much more like confident midfielders.

Imagine Manchester United aspiring for titles with a nidfielder who doesn't particularly want to get on the ball and make things happen.

Teja

2 vs Brighton
1 vs LFC
1 vs Arsenal
4 vs Man City
1 vs Fulham
1 vs Palace
3 vs Arsenal
4 vs Liverpool
Big games there, some where you'd expect to concede goals. Also particularly harsh to put the 4 against Pool on him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

2 vs Brighton
1 vs LFC
1 vs Arsenal
4 vs Man City
1 vs Fulham
1 vs Palace
3 vs Arsenal
4 vs Liverpool
I don't think there's any correlation between conceding those goals and McT playing to be fair it's again people trying to use stats to prove their own opinions, which is happening on here more and more.

Context is key, the Palace goal was a world class free kick in the last minute, nothing to do with McT.
Fulham game we conceded near enough five minutes within McT coming on, again not his fault and we also scored to win the game whilst he was on.
The Arsenal game he played pretty well but we as a team were looking tired in that second half.
Liverpool was a clusterfeck as a team, no individual can hold their hand up as non culpable.
The first Liverpool game we won.

I'd be interested to see how many goals we have conceded with Bruno on the pitch, or maybe Martinez, maybe that'd prove that this stat is just agenda driven at best.

Ekeke

I don't think there's any correlation between conceding those goals and McT playing to be fair it's again people trying to use stats to prove their own opinions, which is happening on here more and more.

Context is key, the Palace goal was a world class free kick in the last minute, nothing to do with McT.
Fulham game we conceded near enough five minutes within McT coming on, again not his fault and we also scored to win the game whilst he was on.
The Arsenal game he played pretty well but we as a team were looking tired in that second half.
Liverpool was a clusterfeck as a team, no individual can hold their hand up as non culpable.
The first Liverpool game we won.

I'd be interested to see how many goals we have conceded with Bruno on the pitch, or maybe Martinez, maybe that'd prove that this stat is just agenda driven at best.
I think the correlation is that Casemiro tends not to be playing when McTom does. So we take out our best CM and we lose a lot both offensively and defensively. Its not so much that its McTom's fault, more that he doesnt really fit into the team with one of our best players and our best midfielder. Someone needs to be a backup for that role though and I guess thats McTom, but obviously you're not going to do as well with the backup for your best midfielder thats why they are the backup.

hobbers

Dont think we need this seasons stats to know he's not good defensively. He's never been a defensively solid midfielder. Not even close. Fred carried the defensive duties of McFred (badly), all McTominay has ever done in that regard is concede endless free kicks in dangerous areas.

His only strengths as a midfielder were seen in those games vs Leeds. Driving forward with the ball when given acres of space and being decent at shooting around the box. That and being fairly decent in the air defending corners.

Pughnichi

Been waiting since he first appeared on the scene for him to leave. Nothing against the guy…he’s just not good enough.

Tragically Hip

Wasn't he impressive at the start of the season while Casemiro was settling in or am I misremembering?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I think the correlation is that Casemiro tends not to be playing when McTom does. So we take out our best CM and we lose a lot both offensively and defensively. Its not so much that its McTom's fault, more that he doesnt really fit into the team with one of our best players and our best midfielder. Someone needs to be a backup for that role though and I guess thats McTom, but obviously you're not going to do as well with the backup for your best midfielder thats why they are the backup.
I think that's a fair assessment.

No Casemiro does lend itself to a less influential midfield

Art

Art the artist
Still feeling the effects of Jose with this lad featuring in our squad for the past few years. Has not the workrate nor the ability to play in the center of the park for United. Anything north of 25million and we should be snapping their hand off this summer.

Roboc7

He was but sadly the haters on here and social media outweigh the sensible people. Did well when he came on last night.
The manager and coaches obviously haven’t been that impressed by him as he’s hardly started any games since. He had couple of good games as a starter at beginning of season, couple of shockers and a few decent games.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I don't think this has been true over the course of his career but this season he looks to be struggling with mobility around the pitch. In the Jose/Ole days you could trust him to put in a real shift but since he's returned from his injury he hasn't looked the same. Hoping it's a blip and he can get back to his best.

Nice effort for the Wout goal on Thursday!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He was but sadly the haters on here and social media outweigh the sensible people. Did well when he came on last night.
He was fairly good for the first month, then fell away badly. He did the exact same thing when Ralf took over - was good for a month, then was terrible. Havin a one month good period under a brand new manager isn't that impressive if it is then followed by being poor for most of the season. Each time it gets people's hopes up that maybe this time he'll maintain it, but he never does.

The only time he actually had a run of form that lasted a decent amount of time was the last couple months of the 18/19 season and the first few months of the 19/20 season. There was a good 4-5 month period where he was generally playing quite well and seemed to be developing his game (although even that period was broken up with an offseason in the middle so wasn't really 4-5 months of consistent form). Since then he's had the odd month here and there that gets peoples hopes up that maybe 'this time' will be where he steps up, but each time he quickly drops off and is poor for much longer than he was good.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Anything over 30 million and we should be looking to sell. Give Mainoo the minutes he would get.

Status
Not open for further replies.