5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

Sabitzer has only been here over a month, Scott has been here for years and still looks way off the standard.
Certainly true, just making the point that these two aren't a natural combination for me and it could have been either of them hooked. You need someone more dominant in possession. They're more like runners than anything, 2 of them together looks wrong.

saivet

Awful. Does anyone have a touch count? He was playing 6 and just never shows for the ball. Didn't help the cbs at all.

Look at how many time case got the ball in the middle of the park from the defenders, even in the first 15 mins of the first half.

He hides.
26 touches. For comparison other midfielders below

Bruno: 67
Sabitzer: 37
Casemiro: 54 (45 minutes!)

Soucek: 42
Rice: 68
Pacqueta: 69

Maybe if the Manager did not play him as a DM as he is never a DM in a month of Sundays. Arsed with arrogant responses like yours with the cliche you don’t know what you are watching patter.

Mct is better further forward, Sabitzer was even worse yet stayed on, he is poor
Yes, if only EtH understood how to use his amazing talents. The problem is clearly Ten Hag, not Mctominay.

Kag

I mean, he's literally a squad player and has been playing that role since we signed Casemiro (hilarious now if you think McT kept Case out for a few games as he was playing well)
And not a very good one, because when he plays we look like the sixth placed side we were when he was starting every game for us.

Fred is a good squad player because the team doesn’t fall apart when he starts. Malacia, too. He comes in for Shaw and deputises well. McTominay comes in and we lose all semblance of control in the middle of the park. He’s shite.

InfiniteBoredom

Maybe if the Manager did not play him as a DM as he is never a DM in a month of Sundays. Arsed with arrogant responses like yours with the cliche you don’t know what you are watching patter.

Mct is better further forward, Sabitzer was even worse yet stayed on, he is poor
And he got played regardless, so maybe at least try to do the minimum requirement for the job and show for the ball? Do you think Shaw has the same attitude when he got played as a CB? Or Rashford when played as CF? Or Bruno on the right? Does any of them get to not put in the effort just because it's not their favoured position?

The fact is McTominay is a poor footballer and has no future at Utd as a 8 or 10, so if he cant prove himself adequate as a 6 backup then best pack up this summer.

arnie_ni

26 touches. For comparison other midfielders below

Bruno: 67
Sabitzer: 37
Casemiro: 54 (45 minutes!)

Soucek: 42
Rice: 68
Pacqueta: 69
26 touches playing 6 is madness. I said about 55mins in the match thread I think casemiro has more touches already. I actually wouldn't be surprised if I was right

Roboc7

I mean, he's literally a squad player and has been playing that role since we signed Casemiro (hilarious now if you think McT kept Case out for a few games as he was playing well)
He’s a squad player just a pretty rubbish one who has had a poor season other than 2-3 good games at the start of the season.

I’ve no doubt someone will pay 25m or so for him in the summer and it would be idiotic not to take it.

Ace of Spades

And not a very good one, because when he plays we look like the sixth placed side we were when he was starting every game for us.

Fred is a good squad player because the team doesn’t fall apart when he starts. Malacia, too. He comes in for Shaw and deputises well. McTominay comes in and we lose all semblance of control in the middle of the park. He’s shite.
Agreed. In the past, his hard work was preferred to the lazy attitude of his competition, but now it is getting very obvious where he lacks.

Think a real competent back up to Casemiro is an obvious place to strengthen.

Bobski

You could see Lindelof and Maguire giving him some for not being available.

The 3-4 occasions he got the ball with a little space and moved forward he did some decent stuff but for that role, far from enough.

Rustyspider13

His positioning as a DM is non-existent. I think he has accepted that he'll move in the summer and has simply stopped trying to learn a new position. It's a big problem for us because Casemiro simply cannot play every game and he'll have to step in from time to time. Maybe EtH can use Lindelof or Licha in there as backup.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I don't think he is bad at all. There is a gulf in class between him and Case though.

waza7111

Completely out of his depth. Constantly hiding so defenders couldn't pass to him.

When Casemiro came on the difference was clear.

Surely, surely that was his last chance. He's been awful and hooked early in his last two or three games now?

tomaldinho1

He’s a squad player just a pretty rubbish one who has had a poor season other than 2-3 good games at the start of the season.

I’ve no doubt someone will pay 25m or so for him in the summer and it would be idiotic not to take it.
Yes I do think he'll leave but I don't think we'll actively look to sell him, he's going to have to ask to go - he's also valuable cover for Wout now as evidenced by his cameos up top.

Roboc7

You could see Lindelof and Maguire giving him some for not being available.

The 3-4 occasions he got the ball with a little space and moved forward he did some decent stuff but for that role, far from enough.
He just doesn’t know what to do in that position whether we are in or out or possession. The lack of improvement despite all the football he has played is quite shocking.

Skills

Snitch

Then he shouldn't be at the club then. We've got much, much better 8s in Fred & Eriksen. The only capacity he can survive at this club is as Casemiro's back up, and like you've said he's shite there.

Get rid.

Bobski

He just doesn’t know what to do in that position whether we are in or out or possession. The lack of improvement despite all the football he has played is quite shocking.
I think he has also lost a bit of pace, far less mobile than he was 2-3 years ago.

Roboc7

Yes I do think he'll leave but I don't think we'll actively look to sell him, he's going to have to ask to go - he's also valuable cover for Wout now as evidenced by his cameos up top.
He isn’t valuable cover for Weghorst, not even close. We probably won’t force him out but he’s going to play less and less so he’ll regret it if he doesn’t move on.

tomaldinho1

He isn’t valuable cover for Weghorst, not even close. We probably won’t force him out but he’s going to play less and less so he’ll regret it if he doesn’t move on.
Yeah that was a bit tongue in cheek but he has actually covered for him up top a couple of times

Marwood

It's a shame but time's up for Scott.

It's odd he still hasn't grasped the need to actually be on the ball as a CM.

InfiniteBoredom

The infuriating thing is that what is asked of him isn't all that much. Sure, he doesn't have the passing range of Casemiro, so we can't ask him to play those line splitting balls up the pitch, but merely dropping in between the 2 CBs or open his body up on the half turn and play a simple ball to the side allow the full backs to push up so much more and open up the pitch for us. It's a job that doesn't require the talent of Paul Scholes or Luka Modric to do, yet he never tried it. There were a good 20 minutes in the first half when whenever the ball was in our half, was just Maguire to Lindelof to De Gea to Maguire to Dalot, and he never once showed for it, culminating in Bruno running all the way back to take it off them. It's maddening.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905

Sabitzer wasn't good but at least he got involved, it's a travesty for a midfielder to hide behind players and complete like 5 passes per game. Another ridiculous performance which will hopefully kill his future with us for good. He should be replaced by Hannibal next season and whoever we buy to alternate with Fred next to Casemiro.

Siorac

26 touches playing 6 is madness. I said about 55mins in the match thread I think casemiro has more touches already. I actually wouldn't be surprised if I was right
His per 90 average in the league is 48 so 26 in a single half is actually above his average.

(Fred's average touches per 90 is 71, Casemiro's is 77).

Roboc7

I think he has also lost a bit of pace, far less mobile than he was 2-3 years ago.
I agree he isn’t as mobile, that was one of his strengths but he just hasn’t learnt basics to compensate.

Robindinho

He's more of a DM, compared to the other midfielders tonight. With resting Casemiro, no choice but to play him there.

Ten Hag often states about players being multi functional - Shaw at CB, Bruno from the right, Weghorst at 10 for example... Much more of an ask than Scott sitting deeper, yet look at the difference.

Instead of showing for the ball/taking it from the defence, he did his usual hiding trick... Hence, hooked at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.