5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

flameinthesun

He's moving in pace that makes Wout look like Michael Owen. What happened to that promising young man?
I didn't see anything negative or positive in his 5 minute cameo. In general he is quicker and more mobile than Wout so not sure about the pace comment. A fit mct is a good squad player.

Man Utd 2:0 Newcastle

Revaulx

Deserves a bump for his very good 21 minute (+ injury time) cameo.

As per usual he’s far more effective the further up the pitch he plays. Surely the notion that he’s a DM is well and truly dead now?

Big_Bro

I don't see anything change about his fortunes as long as Casemiro, Fred and Sabitzer are around.
Once he starts getting regular games for an extended period of time for a decent club. I believe we'll see the best of him.

Robbie Boy

Deserves a bump for his very good 21 minute (+ injury time) cameo.

As per usual he’s far more effective the further up the pitch he plays. Surely the notion that he’s a DM is well and truly dead now?
He's literally never been a DM, it was always ridiculous shoehorning him in there. He's a decent player when he plays further forward.

Revaulx

He's literally never been a DM, it was always ridiculous shoehorning him in there. He's a decent player when he plays further forward.
Indeed. Though he plays centre back for the mighty Scotland, so that must mean he’s a defensive player. According to some :houllier:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Some of his best periods of form have come at DM (the first month under Rangnick, the first month under ETH), it's just that he can't do it consistently. But then, he hasn't been consistent wherever he plays. Of course he hasn't had a decent run in an actual attacking position so maybe he would improve there.

Scottynaldinho

About time the lad shows his worth. I have no doubt he'll become a key member in the squad for Ten Hag.

Bobski

He had a few good moments but far too many long periods not getting on the ball, being a key reason behind the slow passing.

the gafferjs

Horrific player. Not really surprised but nice to see him fecked off at half time.

Please rob Newcastle or West Ham for him this summer. 20m would be nice
You are a clown.

Disgrace that he was hooked at HT when Sabitzer, Maguire, Antony, Lindelof, Weghorst, Malacia all playing worse yet as usual he is the Scapegoat.

Just adds fuel to the fire for clowns like you and Luckhurst.

Augustus Gloop

I thought he was okay in the first half. Arguably better than Sabitzer and Bruno. Maybe he was injured?

Roboc7

About time the lad shows his worth. I have no doubt he'll become a key member in the squad for Ten Hag.
His chances of being a key player are zero, his future is as bit part player or being sold.
The way we play just doesn’t suit him and he doesn’t really fit in anywhere.

He was poor tonight, like plenty of others it has to be said but quite telling he was one to be take off. Doubt he’ll start many more games this season unless there are injuries.

tomaldinho1

Horrific player. Not really surprised but nice to see him fecked off at half time.

Please rob Newcastle or West Ham for him this summer. 20m would be nice
He's more than fine as a squad player - if he pushes to leave that's fine but he's not that bad, he's just shown up massively now there's a world class player ahead of him in the same role.

arnie_ni

Awful. Does anyone have a touch count? He was playing 6 and just never shows for the ball. Didn't help the cbs at all.

Look at how many time case got the ball in the middle of the park from the defenders, even in the first 15 mins of the first half.

He hides.

Abraxas

Not sure he was any worse than Sabitzer. Neither had a great half. I don't think there's enough options for the defenders when these two play together.

edgecutter

Bang average and that's all he'll ever will be. Quality isn't there to be considered a squad player

InfiniteBoredom

You are a clown.

Disgrace that he was hooked at HT when Sabitzer, Maguire, Antony, Lindelof, Weghorst, Malacia all playing worse yet as usual he is the Scapegoat.

Just adds fuel to the fire for clowns like you and Luckhurst.
He wasn't doing his job, they did theirs badly, that's the difference.

Just look at the positions Casemiro took up once he came on. We started being able to hold on to possession because our fecking CM actually were there to get on the ball and distribute, McTominay hid from the ball since the 1st minute, it got so bad at one point Bruno had to drop to DM to take the ball up.

I seriously wonder how people watch so much football but understand so little of it.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's more than fine as a squad player - if he pushes to leave that's fine but he's not that bad, he's just shown up massively now there's a world class player ahead of him in the same role.
Stop with this. You know who is a squad player? Fred. Great squad player, not good enough to start though. McTominay had to get hooked off at half against a relegation level West Ham side.

This squad player garbage excuse needs to go if you want to achieve anything more than being a top 4 side.

saivet

I thought he started well but fell off. Think the criticism is a little harsh as I think he was taken off because Casemiro is our best midfielder (arguably our best player) and McT was playing in his position. Don't think he was the worst performer but given the replacement it was him to get subbed off.

tomaldinho1

Stop with this. You know who is a squad player? Fred. Great squad player, not good enough to start though. McTominay had to get hooked off at half against a relegation level West Ham side.

This squad player garbage excuse needs to go if you want to achieve anything more than being a top 4 side.
Fred's a starter mate, he's been class. McT, Malacia, Lindelof, Wout are all great squad options.

edgecutter

Not sure he was any worse than Sabitzer. Neither had a great half. I don't think there's enough options for the defenders when these two play together.
Sabitzer has only been here over a month, Scott has been here for years and still looks way off the standard.

Kag

He isn’t, though. Not one bit.

Squad players come in and ensure the team remains competitive. McTominay comes in, refuses to get involved, and the arse falls out of midfield.

He has no idea how to be a midfielder. He’ll be on his bike in the summer with any luck.

tomaldinho1

He isn’t, though. Not one bit.

Squad players come in and ensure the team remains competitive. McTominay comes in, refuses to get involved, and the arse falls out of midfield.

He has no idea how to be a midfielder. He’ll be on his bike in the summer with any luck.
I mean, he's literally a squad player and has been playing that role since we signed Casemiro (hilarious now if you think McT kept Case out for a few games as he was playing well)

the gafferjs

He wasn't doing his job, they did theirs badly, that's the difference.

Just look at the positions Casemiro took up once he came on. We started being able to hold on to possession because our fecking CM actually were there to get on the ball and distribute, McTominay hid from the ball since the 1st minute, it got so bad at one point Bruno had to drop to DM to take the ball up.

I seriously wonder how people watch so much football but understand so little of it.
Maybe if the Manager did not play him as a DM as he is never a DM in a month of Sundays. Arsed with arrogant responses like yours with the cliche you don’t know what you are watching patter.

Mct is better further forward, Sabitzer was even worse yet stayed on, he is poor

Status
Not open for further replies.