View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
You’ll make a lot of point if he doesn’t play like one of the worst player in the team consistently. We’re just calling it as it is.

He’s not a scapegoat, he’s just out of his depth.
And against Brighton he was awful and deserved all the heat that he received. But the other day he was ok. Not great, but he did an important job in our midfield to help preserve 3 points and a clean sheet. But because it's him and he's the new whipping boy, "fans" are making his performances out to be worse than they really are

dutchred

now that Mount and Amrabat are fit and Mejbri is available I hope he nevers plays for United again

Marwood

I’ve said it, he’s making a mockery of our academy which supposedly places emphasis of technique over physique.

The people who kept promoting him throughout the academy needs to do some explaining.
What do you mean by promoted throughout the academy?

He can't be 20 playing in the U17's can he.

philippexyz

Try to sell him in January, for as much money as you possibly can. Should've definitely done by now, but maybe it's not too late. With the emergence of Hannibal and Mainoo, plus having Casemiro and Amrabat as DM's, he's completely redundant in our squad now.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He could play to the best of his ability and only get a 4/10, because his ability is abysmal for a club like ours.

He's a very very poor player.

His biggest attribute for us was his determination and workrate - which should be the bare minimum for us, now he isn't even doing that. He's a shocking midfielder
That's obviously not true, he's had many performances for us that have been above a 4/10.

Hell he's even thrown in full blown 9 or 10/10 on rare occassions.

Marwood

There’s this option which we do to a lot of youth players annually which is releasing them.
We've just been offered £30 million for him.

We could have sold him at any point over the last few years for a good amount.

Why would you want to let that individual go for free as youth player?

Needlessly chucking away millions.

Craig Ward

But he did the other day and people still found a reason to moan. Thanks for proving my point
The point is McTominey is a garbage midfielder who isn't good enough. And now his workrate has dropped, which makes him even less appealing.

Thats all that matters.

Craig Ward

And against Brighton he was awful and deserved all the heat that he received. But the other day he was ok. Not great, but he did an important job in our midfield to help preserve 3 points and a clean sheet. But because it's him and he's the new whipping boy, "fans" are making his performances out to be worse than they really are
He was awful against Burnley. Didnt use the ball well, lost duals, didnt work hard enough.

Was a complete passenger.

He's being criticised for being rubbish. You couldnt make his performance worse than it was, we all saw it. He was rubbish

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That's obviously not true, he's had many performances for us that have been above a 4/10.

Hell he's even thrown in full blown 9 or 10/10 on rare occassions.
That is actually very true, although I honestly don't think he's dropped a performance like that since Leeds at home which was nearly 3 years ago.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
That is actually very true, although I honestly don't think he's dropped a performance like that since Leeds at home which was nearly 3 years ago.
Yeah I can't think of one since then... Jesus that Leeds performance was a sight to behold.

You could probably argue it's one of the best individual performances from any of our players in a game over the last 5 years or so.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He was great against Leeds when it was a rain sodden pitch and tackles were flying in. Might've been under Ralf.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We've just been offered £30 million for him.

We could have sold him at any point over the last few years for a good amount.

Why would you want to let that individual go for free as youth player?

Needlessly chucking away millions.
Because I’m struggling to see how our academy which supposedly prioritises technique over physique would keep someone like Scott for so long.

And the part about him being able to be sold for millions, I’ll believe it when he actually leaves.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
He was great against Leeds when it was a rain sodden pitch and tackles were flying in. Might've been under Ralf.
Think your thinking of the 4-2 game at Elland Road under Ralf, that was a proper throwback game.

The 6-2 game was the game in Lockdown at OT where we just totally out-played them 'cos they gave us so much space. It was under Ole.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Because I’m struggling to see how our academy which supposedly prioritises technique over physique would keep someone like Scott for so long.

And the part about him being able to be sold for millions, I’ll believe it when he actually leaves.
He was one of the smallest players in his age group for 90% of his academy years so I’m not sure how he was kept through the age groups due to physique.

Idxomer

Yeah I can't think of one since then... Jesus that Leeds performance was a sight to behold.

You could probably argue it's one of the best individual performances from any of our players in a game over the last 5 years or so.
The funny thing about that game is Martial was even better.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Think your thinking of the 4-2 game at Elland Road under Ralf, that was a proper throwback game.

The 6-2 game was the game in Lockdown at OT where we just totally out-played them 'cos they gave us so much space. It was under Ole.
Yea, he was class in the 6-2, but remember him following it up with the game under Ralf too. Maybe it was the way Leeds would play (kamikaze) that Scotty thrives in.

Marwood

So the academy brings through a player who goes on to become an established Premier League player and you want an inquest in to what's gone wrong? An explanation as to why that player wasn't released as an apprentice.

That's one way to completely demotivate your coaching staff.

IrishRedDevil

No professional footballer "hides from the ball". To even suggest as much is ludicrous and it's lazy analysis.

EtH and his coaches are professionals. Do you honestly think for one micro-second that he would've played a player who "hides from the ball"
40+ times last season?

If he "hides" from the ball why is he still at Manchester United? Why isn't he training with the kids? Why hasn't he quit football to stack shelves at Asda?

It's a ridiculous thing to say. I would be embarrassed to entertain it.

Here are the stats that prove that Eriksen and McTominay get pretty much the same amount of touches per match:

Eriksen: 22/23 season: 28 matches - 60.6 touches per match.

McTominay: 21/22: season: 30 matches - 56.7 per match.

Scott McTominay gets 3.9 less touches per match. It's not exactly "hiding".

And how about Mount? He got 30 touches against Wolves and 27 against Tottenham.

McTominay's most recent Manchester United start was at the end of last season vs Everton. He had 71 touches and 1 goal.

Thats more touches than Mount has had in two matches.
He hides. Constantly.

Mctominay 223 mins 89 touches

Amrabat 45 mins 75 touches

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The point is McTominey is a garbage midfielder who isn't good enough. And now his workrate has dropped, which makes him even less appealing.

Thats all that matters.
If you want to talk about overall, then maybe you're right and maybe you aren't. But I don't judge players based on previous matches. I was judging him on this match. And on this match, he was ok. But again, thanks for proving my point

bstb3

Unfortunately that probably wasn't a great night for Scott with regards to his team chances, but it might also show him what he needs to do.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
£30m rejected is a total joke. Even £20m would have been good business.

NZT-One

Today shows he shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team for United. Even Gore is a better option there for us.
Amen. He shouldn't be taking minutes from the youngsters. Same with Donny. Use him to defend corners late in matches when opponents try to throw the sink. (I like him, seems like a nice and professional dude, I'd hope, he could play week in week out but it shouldn't be for us)

Mcking

Casemiro
Amrabat
Bruno
Mount
Mainoo
Hannibal
Eriksen
Gore

He really shouldn't step foot on the pitch for the club again unless five of those are unavailable.

lilcurt

Casemiro
Amrabat
Bruno
Mount
Mainoo
Hannibal
Eriksen
Gore

He really shouldn't step foot on the pitch for the club again unless five of those are unavailable.
When you write out, why the hell wouldn't he have pushed for a move. Where is the ambition from some of the players in this squad?

Spot on though, can even see Eriksen struggling for minutes if Mount and Amrabat continue to impress.

Bwuk

Find it ridiculous people come on here after a win and a good performance, to slate a player who didn’t even play in his performance thread.

fanutd

I think we should be clever in our use of him. He is going to find himself quite low in the pecking order for playing in the midfield for us. I think as the team settles and continues to improve in performance we should slowly re-introduce him and give him chances in games where we are dominating or are in a comfortable position. Doing this well will allow us to command a decent fee for him in the near future and hopefully sell him for a nice profit.

Pughnichi

Find it ridiculous people come on here after a win and a good performance, to slate a player who didn’t even play in his performance thread.
People like validation of their own opinions (me included)…And playing our best football of the season with Scott not even in the match day squad is no coincidence. They’re not wrong either.

great game today. An enjoyable watch

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Just a cameo of Dan Gore and trust in Hannibal in the recent games shows how stupid was to give him 100 games in senior football. almost any academy player with decent fitness could just do more than him. Happy he's hopefully dropping down the pecking order and downright stupid we turned down anything over 20 fecking mil.

When it comes to his squad role, think he might still be usefull as a 10 min sub at the end of the game to send up top or as a squad no9, he shouldn't be anywhere near the buldup or ball in general.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Just a cameo of Dan Gore and trust in Hannibal in the recent games shows how stupid was to give him 100 games in senior football. almost any academy player with decent fitness could just do more than him. Happy he's hopefully dropping down the pecking order and downright stupid we turned down anything over 20 fecking mil.

When it comes to his squad role, think he might still be usefull as a 10 min sub at the end of the game to send up top or as a squad no9, he shouldn't be anywhere near the buldup or ball in general.
This. Gore probably contributed more in that 2nd half than what Scott has done this season