2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

RuudtheRed

He was bad in the first half in my opinion. 2nd half he seemed to play more in the holding role after Mainoo went off, but he did do well to create that one golden chance for Hojlund...

Bobski

He was fine in a limited fashion, as usual the over dramatic criticism.

Mainoo completed 16 passes, McT 16 and Amrabat 15.

Won a lot of aerials, did his defensive work well but should have done better with a few passes, created our best chance of the game.

Ekeke

He won the ball a fair bit, but in our lineup today he was an attacker and in attack he was a trash bag and the end of our moves

Doracle

Had a decent first 15, struggled for the rest of the first half and then was ok in the second (great little pass for Hojlund’s chance). He just isn’t good enough to be starting for a top team but did ok today overall.

Roboc7

First half performance was an embarrassment, lacks pretty much every attribute you’d ideally want in that role and gave ball away easily and cheaply. Not as bad in the second half at least but lack of quality when he had time and space was there for all to see.

Castia

No quality what so ever. He’s been putting in performances like that for 4 years a few goals this season isn’t masking his ability. West Ham level if he’s lucky.

saivet

He was fine in a limited fashion, as usual the over dramatic criticism.

Mainoo completed 16 passes, McT 16 and Amrabat 15.

Won a lot of aerials, did his defensive work well but should have done better with a few passes, created our best chance of the game.
Yeah, he was okay - he didn't stand out for good or bad in comparison with our other midfielders today.

LInkash

Just play him upfront, it's not like Hojlund's giving us amazing hold up play

edgecutter

Just remember that Liverpool had 34 shots to our 6. Don't let the result influence your analysis of this game, he was fecking shite again

Amira

Meh. He was okay. I can't really single him out for anything negative.

Ágætis Byrjun

I don't think any player in the PL is as technically limited as him. Schneiderlin was a better footballer. Ok, that might be an exaggeration.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Good performance work rate wise but technically so poor. Its like watching a CB play midfield.
jsut dont get this workrate stuff, most of the time hes jogging and cant cover the space quickly enough, hes just running like a headless chicken without the ball. Any player with a better positioning wins few ball for us in this game, he§s just oo slow to react to anything. Not talking about his on the ball performance which should send him out of the club straight away. So painful that he nicks a couple of goals a season because simply plays too many games and manager thinks he could bring more goals. He should be substitute to Hojlund up top for the last 10-15 minutes and sold in the next transfer window but you know with the people in the club it wont happen and we slowly fall out of top6.

Any decent club and hes off. Will eventually happen anyway and will be a fringe player for a EPL side and end up with the likes of WBA..

Malone_Post

His lack of technical ability in tight spaces means he’ll never be a good enough midfielder for the level we want to be at. And a few goals won’t change that.

It’s embarrassing how much better a kid like Mainoo already is on the ball than him. It’s like watching two different sports.

criticalanalysis

He wasn't as bad as previous games, which is the biggest praise I can give him.

Still an awful 'midfielder' on and off the ball.

Skills

Snitch
jsut dont get this workrate stuff, most of the time hes jogging and cant cover the space quickly enough, hes just running like a headless chicken without the ball. Any player with a better positioning wins few ball for us in this game, he§s just oo slow to react to anything. Not talking about his on the ball performance which should send him out of the club straight away. So painful that he nicks a couple of goals a season because simply plays too many games and manager thinks he could bring more goals. He should be substitute to Hojlund up top for the last 10-15 minutes and sold in the next transfer window but you know with the people in the club it wont happen and we slowly fall out of top6.

Any decent club and hes off. Will eventually happen anyway and will be a fringe player for a EPL side and end up with the likes of WBA..
White privilege

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He was terrible in the first half. Heavy touches, passes that put his team mates under pressure, always beaten to the ball, easily out fought. Everton have players who are more technically proficient than him who works harder. It's ridiculous how low standards are these days.

clarkydaz

People saying he was ok today after that first half, i really dont know what to say. He causes me distress watching us nowadays

Nep77

How many attacks did he kill in the first half by not been able to control the 5-7 yard pass?

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Scott McTominay, Manchester United captain, a low point in a decade of low points.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I like him, appreciate I’m in the minority but I’m glad he’s here and liked his post game interview, he cares which goes a long way. Good on him for getting the armband today.

massey

I like him, appreciate I’m in the minority but I’m glad he’s here and liked his post game interview, he cares which goes a long way. Good on him for getting the armband today.
I reckon the tea lady cares about united aswell but if she can't trap a ball get her head up and make a pass she shouldn't be playing either imo.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I reckon the tea lady cares about united aswell but if she can't trap a ball get her head up and make a pass she shouldn't be playing either imo.
ha ha, he’s had some good games this season and scored some important goals. We’d be far worse off this season without him.

Irwin99

At this point i'd genuinely like to see him as a striker as we have nothing to lose. Didn't like his performance in the first half again, not as bad as Amrabat but still not good. Second half he put in a decent shift.

massey

ha ha, he’s had some good games this season and scored some important goals. We’d be far worse off this season without him.
I agree he's scored some good goals I just think in a season we are a far worse team performance wise with him in it starting games we lose all rythymn and I'm not just saying it's him as the root cause there's a few who disrupt it too.

Last edited:

Oscar Bonavena

I like the lad. But he's very limited technically. Need technicians in midfield especially away from home when we need to hold on to possession and alleviate some pressure. It's not his game.

He's a great man to bring on in the last 10/15 minutes when we're desperately chasing a goal, decent height to have in the box when defending corners and free kicks, but that's about the limit of his attributes to the team.

KD6-3.7

If ever there was a player that encapsulated United post Ferguson more than McTominay.

Absolutely terrible footballer and gives the illusion that he is a hard worker but really isnt.

Manny

Grammar Police
He just runs, hops then runs in another direction. Useless.

Might have snatched a win if we had Hannibal playing in his place. Someone who doesn't treat the ball like a hot potato.

Red & White

Spoke well :lol:

He was awful really. Especially in the first half. Kept giving the ball away.
I thought he did give his all so that’s what I posted. His quality is regularly questioned and rightly so sometimes, but you could see how proud he was to be captain today. Im not sure why you’re laughing at the ”spoke well” comment? He did speak well, so I posted that he spoke well.