2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Oranges038

Once again not tracking runners and vacating the midfield space in front of the box.

SNes

As soon as he came on I bet Forest would win so at least he's making me money

Woodenlung

He just isn't good enough. Scored a few goals a while ago, but the trade off isn't worth it. Having McTominay in midfield makes us so vulnerable.

But at this stage we know what he can't do and we now have to ask why Ten Hag keeps selecting him.

Ekeke

Maybe you can blame him for the first but the second either he leaves the LB 2 v1 or he stays middle were there are 3 other Utd players against 1.
No.

He was nowhere near tracking the fullback. He was inside Dalot who was one on one with Elanga. Its simply because Dalot and McTom were both to the side that Elanga didnt bother going down the wing and played a simple pass to the empty space where no midfielder was putting pressure on Dominguez to stop him having a free strike. Its possible the CBs could have reacted to McTom's poor positioning and choices and been brave and charged it down but they didnt react either

emperortan

Maybe you can blame him for the first but the second either he leaves the LB 2 v1 or he stays middle were there are 3 other Utd players against 1.
WWell, he let the whole midfield in 2nd half raped by Forest. I reaally dont understand why Ten Hag let him in for Mainoo. Really disaster decision from manager.

Walters_19_MuFc

Are you seriously trying to prove a point in a game where we had zero control and shots in the first half, to a point where ten Hag had to put McTominay on. Stop being silly!

But I guess that puts your claim to bed, as we were the worst we've been all season in that first half with a midfield of Eriksen, Bruno and Mainoo. But hey.....lets blame McTominay. :lol: Some of you lot are different class.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm not even sure if I blame him and not ten Hag for his performance, it was so bloody obvious that his (in some shape or form) would happen.
But that was atrocious.

luke511

Imagine a world where we received 30 million for him and kept Fred instead, fecking awful management.

Roboc7

I’ve never seen someone at this level jog around so aimlessly and have so little intent to actually be involved in the game. It’s genuinely hilarious there are people who think he works hard, always puts in a shift or never lets us down. He lets team down time and time again and is lazy, fact this is tolerated for such an ordinary player sums up why this club is a complete shit show.

led_scholes

he has scored what? 4-5 goals. We have conceded about 15 because he cant trace his player.

Bobski

No.

He was nowhere near tracking the fullback. He was inside Dalot who was one on one with Elanga. Its simply because Dalot and McTom were both to the side that Elanga didnt bother going down the wing and played a simple pass to the empty space where no midfielder was putting pressure on Dominguez to stop him having a free strike. Its possible the CBs could have reacted to McTom's poor positioning and choices and been brave and charged it down but they didnt react either
One interpretation, the other is if he doesn't go across Elanga uses the FB, they play around Dalot, get to the by line and cut it back or get a shot off. I think McT has every right to expect a reaction from those in the middle.

ddg01

Can we please just get shut. Fred is/was ten times the player.

90 + 5min

Let haters hate. It is no point talking about tactics when there is dislike for individuals.

In Rainbows

Are you seriously trying to prove a point in a game where we had zero control and shots in the first half, to a point where ten Hag had to put McTominay on. Stop being silly!

But I guess that puts your claim to bed, as we were the worst we've been all season in that first half with a midfield of Eriksen, Bruno and Mainoo. But hey.....lets blame McTominay. :lol: Some of you lot are different class.
Might have something to do with Antony there.

binary bot
Not even going to criticise him. We all know his weaknesses. The lone midfielder has had an impossible job all season, even moreso when it’s blatantly obvious you can’t do it.

Walters_19_MuFc

My question to ten Hag is, why, having played McTominay as an advanced 8 for most of the season, did he put McTominay as a single pivot? It just goes to show how poor ten Hag's management of the game can be, at times.

Ekeke

One interpretation, the other is if he doesn't go across Elanga uses the FB, they play around Dalot, get to the by line and cut it back or get a shot off. I think McT has every right to expect a reaction from those in the middle.
Elanga wanted to shoot. He had 2 men in front of him so a simple pass to the left opened up the shot. A pass down the right wing to a fullback was the least of 3 problems

Bwuk

Not even going to criticise him. We all know his weaknesses. The lone midfielder has had an impossible job all season, even moreso when it’s blatantly obvious you can’t do it.
Yep agreed with this. Not even sure why Mainoo came off tbh.

emperortan

Let haters hate. It is no point talking about tactics when there is dislike for individuals.
no hater here, just simply fact. Using McTominay means sacrifice our midfield, which proved clearly matches after matches.

Remember the geese

My Go - To thread after every defeat or poor performance. There's a boatload of players who should be shipped out, but for some reason watching him play for us really hurts. Maybe it's the eternal groundhog day of every single manager stubbornly persisting with him despite the guy never being good enough. Depressing.

Cantona’s Kung Fu Kick

Well he did play half the game and the half in which Forrest scored twice and won the game. Or are you suggesting it’s everyone else’s fault except his?

sammyhol

Might have something to do with Antony there.

We conceded 2 goals, from unchallenged shots by midfielders on the edge of the box, when your main man was supposedly playing DM.

He is an absolutely atrocious footballer.

Orange Tree

Should never play as 6 anymore.
Rotate with Bruno or pay as striker or whatever. He is not a defensive midfielder.

putzmcgee123

Absolutely baffling that ten Hag's usage of Scott is his hill to die on. I find it hard to believe that Ratcliffe, Blanc, and Bald Fraudsford will not take him up on it.

Kopral Jono

Tonight was entirely his fault (and of course Ten Hag's for bringing him on for Mainoo in the first place). Watching him play is painful.

3KDré

He really isn’t being helped by the manager to be fair.
Every game McT plays as the deepest midfielder, we concede a cutback. Every United fan knows he lacks awareness both on and off the ball. Why does he even bother playing him deep? What did he expect to happen?

Then he put him up at 10 so we can punt the ball to him. What are these tactics?